Any Success with Acupuncture Therapy or Other Alternative Treatments?

Discussion in 'Support' started by angelsprout, Jul 26, 2018.

1. angelsprout

angelsprout Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      hello everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone has had any success with acupuncture therapy for any form of tinnitus. Whether it be experiencing silence, relief of stress or anxiety brought on by the ringing, or just a difference in volume, I would really appreciate some information and feedback from those who have tried acupuncture.

I am a 15 year old who first developed very mild tinnitus in my right ear after a case of otitis media. The ringing in my ear was very, very quiet, and could only be heard when I went into a soundproof room for a hearing test.

For many months I completely forgot that I had tinnitus at all, but in the beginning of my summer vacation I suddenly developed extremely loud tinnitus in both of my ears.

Along with this, my left ear does this thing where it twitches, or “flutters” when certain people talk, or I hear certain sounds though it hardly bothers me. I have an anxiety disorder, and during my school year I was quite stressed because of my classes, but I don’t think that is what caused the ringing since I have it under good control most of the time. I occasionally would listen to music using Apple EarPods, but all of the doctors/ ENTs I’ve seen doubt that the volume that I listened to my music at could have caused any damage to my ears.

Since the onset of my noticeable tinnitus I have stopped listening to music with my headphones just to be safe and not make the noise any louder as if is giving me trouble with sleep and focusing.

This Friday I am going to get an MRI just to make sure that there is nothing serious causing my tinnitus, as I’ve been getting frequent headaches, and pain in my ears with no sign of infection. Once that is out of the way, and if all go well I would like to peruse some natural treatments for tinnitus, and that is why I am curious to know more about acupuncture.

Any other information of natural treatments that have helped anyone would be appreciated as well.

Thank you, and best of luck to everyone!!

• Hug Hug x 2