Anybody Tried Serelax?

Discussion in 'Support' started by OnceUponaTime, Dec 9, 2015.

1. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
    2. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      So they put GABA inside it, which is too big a molecule to cross the blood-brain barrier and therefore has zero effect on anxiety and stress. Useless, unless you want a growth hormone for building muscle mass or you don't actually have a blood-brain barrier (chances are you do, however).

They use passionflower, valerian and kava-kava which are very mild anxiolytics and they top it off with a dopamine precursor which is exactly what you don't need for anxiety inhibition. Kinda like a speedball. Maybe they should add some caffeine and xanax in there to increase the potency.
      Bottom line, I never tried serelax but it looks like utter BS.

I'd use passionflower or kava-kava alone for anxiety. Problem is, they are extremely mild and you build tolerance very quickly but you have nothing to lose and they'll definitely come cheaper.

• Useful Useful x 1
    3. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      what about using the precursors to gaba....?

4. undecided
      Breezy

undecided Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown.
      You mean theanine? Its too much of a 'shotgun' approach. It increases gaba indirectly by modulating glutamate and at the same time it stimulates dopamine production... Thats like having your foot on the brake and gas pedals at the same time.
      I don't know... My golden rule for anxiety is: if its legal, i don't bother.
      Also, mixing valerian, kava-kava, theanine, gaba, passionflower, 5htp ... seriously, i'd eat a xanax and be done with it :whistle:

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Thank you for that information. I appreciate your time in explaining that.