Anyone Else with ETD?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kjm1979, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Kjm1979

Kjm1979 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/1016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possible eustacian tube dysfunction
      Hello!
      So, after suffering with ETD and tinnitus (caused by the ETD) for a year, I finally have a doctor who has referred me to ENT. He couldn't believe I've been left this long!

I know that ETD is one of those incredibly annoying things where it kind of "has to sort itself out" so really I'm posting on here to see if anyone has any advice on how to manage it?
      I suffer from anxiety and the ETD has brought on a fear of so many things. I used to love travelling, but now because me ear blocks up and the pressure is horrid, I barely go anywhere. It's really getting me down and stopping me having a life, a life I used to love, for me, my partner and my daughters.

The GP put me on antidepressants for it, which I've since stopped taking. I'm not depressed I just don't know how to live with such a difference in my life!

Sorry to sound so down, it just gets to me. Does it get to anyone else? I long to feel better!

So in closing, any positive stories or help on how I can learn to live with it would be so appreciated.

Thank you, Kirsty x

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. .bill

.bill Member

Tinnitus Since:
      december2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      from ear infection
      Yep took a year also for a new gp to tell me I had etd told me to use a nasal spray but to use it correct most don't tell you how

3. Lynne78

Lynne78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or ETD issues
      @ .bull

I also think i have ETD. Could you tell me what the correct way is for using nasal spray?

4. Burnsie

Burnsie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I think that's what caused my t around 3 years ago (after a cold). It's not too bad now but generally my right ear feels fuller than my left.

5. jjflyman

jjflyman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise (Concert)
      You might want to look into this little device:
      https://www.amazon.com/Eustachi-Eustachian-Tube-Exerciser/dp/B00XQBR6GQ/

It really helped open my tubes and relive my ear press/pain
      Best $60 I ever spent

6. Rick Garner
      Fine

Rick Garner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/ 2016 (T free since mid March 2017) 
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ETD (most probably)
      Read my thread here.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/my-battle-with-tinnitus-was-over.21013/

• Like Like x 1