Anyone with Multiple Tones in Each Ear or Is It Only Me?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Penelope33, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      I have several noises in both ears.
      Buzzing, morse code, white noise and a noise like a mobile near to a radio like a 'du d dddd d dd '

Am I the only one who has this severity? If not how do you cope with it? I'm not managing well at all. :-(

• Hug Hug x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. LeQuack
      Gloomy

LeQuack Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bad luck and bad genes
      Multiple tones here as well in both ears. It's a bummer. :sick:

3. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Yep, multiple tones.

4. Liesel

Liesel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2013
      Right ear actually recently acquired a third noise. Constant tone, morse code, and kettle boiling. Kettle noise comes and goes. Might actually be a morphing of the morse code, hard to tell. Left ear only has constant tone.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      Do you know what has caused your multiple tones ? It seems people who have noise induced t have only one tone.... Mine has come on gradually and think it's more blood pressure, internal body created.

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. Rhea
      Volatile

Rhea Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Multiple tones here also. Started as a tonal EEEEE in both ears but over the years has morphed into a louder tonal sound in the right with some high frequency hissing, a louder tonal in the left with a variety of Morse codes at different speeds and frequencies and recently I have acquired a very high pitch ring/hiss which appears to be central...I also have a noise like a wet finger being run around the top of a wine glass in the left, currently this comes and goes.....all in all it is damn noisy in here :mad:

I cope by keeping busy and active, trying to think positively and not catastrophic thinking, looking forward to the occasional good days I get, and remaining hopefully for a cure/treatment . I also talk daily to a fellow sufferer from Sweden who has very similar t type/loudness/duration etc ...we are like each others T counselors and know we can speak to each other for support and understanding which is really nice :)

• Like Like x 2
    7. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Yup. Hiss. Squeal. Thump thump.

8. AnneG
      Cheerful

AnneG Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      Oh my god me too! Its Crickets, Hissing, High pitch something I can't even decribe, whistling, sometimes the blank station on a radio all at the same time! Louder when i cover my ears or lying down on a pillow.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      Anne if yours is from a cold when how come isnt it going back????

10. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      With so many things going on figuring out how to mask is also a pain.

11. SISKO
      Suicidal

SISKO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Have also multiple tones in each ear. For 70% I can figure out the frequencies.

The rest is very hard to describe .... Sounds like my complete hearing system is active ... Really hard to cope with

12. Liesel

Liesel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2013
      I think the original morse code sound is the result of an ear infection. The constant tone that I only got in december might might might be noise-related, but there was no one event I can pin it on.

13. frohike
      Approved

frohike Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      TV, crickets, pure tone, electrical. The pure tone happens during the night mostly.

14. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Yup I got multiple sounds going on, sounds like a video game arcade sometimes :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    15. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dunno
      My tinnitus sounds like a table saw mixed with a lazer cutting metal, with a clicking in my left ear that sounds like the wheel of fortune wheel.

16. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      spinning metal wheel? i ahve that

17. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma

I did at first. Mine first started mild high pitched whine which matched my also mild percent right ear loss. Then a few weeks later some loud sounds aggravated it to a piercing whistle. Then it switched to left ear just for a bit. Then a month later this new squishing and hissing almost like a rinsing water sound started back of head which is there a lot of the time, but the high pitched whistle died down a little lol.

18. applewine
      Curious

applewine Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ME/CFS, Dysautonomia
      I have about three sounds in each ear.

19. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      If I can get my multiple sounds to collaborate and play me Moonlight Sonata that would be good

• Funny Funny x 3
    20. jewellanne1010

jewellanne1010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      I hear clicking and sometimes like the sounds of someone typing one type or multiple those are the scariest sounds on topof that humming all in the left ear. Can not be masked I take klonopin which really helps, nature sounds , lots of prayer and u guys. Thanks

21. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      I have crickets, changes to high pitched ringing comes and goes along with hissing, then a chime comes in which sounds like a tinkering sound and along with that i have a morse code that pops in and gets louder like be be be beeeeeeep... Hmmm and my T is fairly quiet thankgod. If i could choose one sound only it would be the crickets cause when im in silence it litterly sounds like crickets and is easier to trick my brain in thinking im actually hearing crickets

• Agree Agree x 2
    22. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Trileptal has shown to be extremely effective for "typewriter" tinnitus.

23. jewellanne1010

jewellanne1010 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Thank u

24. tychobrae
      Alone

tychobrae Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2008
      I have several noises including pulsatile tinnitus, tinkling and clicking. And I seem to be getting a new nouse every few days at the moment and all getting louder :(

25. applewine
      Curious

applewine Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ME/CFS, Dysautonomia
      I have multiple sounds in each ear. One of my loudest sounds may be somatic (muscle induced) though. I have multiple health conditions and one of them is TMJ dysfunction and myofascial pain syndrome. I've got some weird face numbness that comes and goes below the eyes and also weird cold water sensations and burning all over my body.

Well, my right masseter muscle hurts a lot. When I press on it I get a loud hissing in my right ear that lasts for a while after, it doesn't do that on the left side, which doesn't hurt. The right is the one that normally has a hissing or high pitch hissing.

Trigger points in the masseter muscle can cause tinnitus, as well as the SCM muscle and maybe others, almost a dozen according to some lists. I've tried treating my TMJ issues without luck and also tried massaging the masseter muscle, but the pain always stays or returns soon and the sound never goes away.

I recently discovered a trigger point spot in my upper part of the SCM which when pressed just right refers pain to the masseter muscle area somewhat. I have also read that the SCM trigger points can be the trigger of the masseter trigger point, so I may be able to treat the SCM trigger point now that I have found it. It was a small spot that was between the two divisions and I can't tell which. It is very hard to massage myself and keeps jumping around like jelly. It is hard to use two hands as well.

When I put my head down on my pillow in a suburban house at night that is when I can hear a lot of different sounds I didn't used to hear. I can't hear all of them in most environments or in my apartment in the city. My left ear makes some kind of beeping noise I can hear during the day. The other noises are lower tones I think and not as loud.

I used to think I just had this one somatic sound on my right side and it would get better when I fixed my trigger points and TMJ, but after discovering all these other sounds I got depressed because I doubt they are all somatic or can be fixed.

My tinnitus onset coincided with an adverse reaction to a medication / poison as well as the muscle muscle problem progressing from just chronic neck pain at the base of the skull to then intermittent face numbness below the eyes and temple and jaw pain and electric shocks in the side of the head.

After that I tried to treat the trigger points, but my massage therapist referred me to a private doctor for other tests and he used a non-approved test for lyme disease and said I had it. I then used a lyme disease organization referral page and tried antibiotics from a doctor there and developed my third health problem when I started the antibiotics. Since then I've gotten cold water and burning sensations all over.

No idea if it could all be related, but I'm not assuming it is anymore.

26. washashore
      Fine

washashore Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Many different tones for my, noise indused, T. Tv white noise sound, fluttering sound (like a broken light bulb), and a solid tone mixed in.

27. demi
      No Mood

demi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2012
      Yep multiple tones, they change all the time too!

28. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Yeah, multiple tones, changing frequently, hissing, furnace gas oven noise, spinning metal, white noise, lightsaber hum at night.

29. KingRoanoke

KingRoanoke Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Look at what the dog is wearing.
      My ear sounds like Star Wars. So yes.

30. Snake Plissken
      Crappy

Snake Plissken Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/13
      I have mid frequency and high frequency pure tones in both ears, plus a filtered sound-type thing in my right ear and a morse code thingy also in my right ear. The sounds exclusive to my right ear aren't louder but they're much harder to ignore.