Are There Any Inspirational Bible Verses That Have Helped You with Tinnitus or Depression?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Robert18, Jul 26, 2018.

1. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      no

• Like Like x 1
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There is actually ample evidence for the existence of God. It is called prophecy. If you don't know what the prophecies are, when they were made, who made them, and how they were fulfilled then you actually have no room to even debate it until you are familiar with them.

3. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      A crock of shit.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    4. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      "I don't know anything about that and am far too lazy to even look into it therefore it is a crock of shit"
      -you

5. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You're so cool coming to a section of a disease support community website for Christians to talk about their faith and how it helps them deal with their disease and call their beliefs a crock of shit. Great job! Thank you for policing our beliefs and insulting us.

• Winner Winner x 1
    6. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Your problem and sorry to be blunt is all your false extrapolations and ridiculous assertions on this forum. Recall what Lane said in response to you? He doesn't understand your responses. Of course not. Because they are unintelligible like your storybook belief system. You are not a rational thinker. Arguing with you leads nowhere.

I said you believing the prophesies are proof positive that God exists is a crock of shit. You probably won't understand that either as you seem to understand very little.

Placebo is a great thing. If your belief system helps you cope with your tinnitus, that's a good thing...just like taking a sugar pill.

The bible has some good stories. I for example somewhat like the ten commandments and the golden rule.
      But literal interpretation of this story book is misdirected and any proof Moses parted the sea or Noah built an ark which is perhaps the most plausible because of heavy rains that didn't come from God's direction or Jesus rose again or that God exists... Hawking explained why God doesn't have to exist. And of course with your God fantasy, who or what created God? Did God come out of the ether like the universe? That circular argument can't be proven.

You lost all credibility when you contradicted yourself about evolution and man evolving basically from an ape which is common knowledge. That is what 7 million years of evolution can manifest. 15 billion years of evolution from the big bang given enough permutations of primordial soup and energy? That could easily spawn dinosaurs and ape men thereafter. There is copious evidence of early man and even dinosaurs that predated man roaming the earth and why scientists believe it.

Your fantasy about the beginning of life on the planet places you in the flat earth society.

7. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I never said proof positive, I said there is ample evidence. Can you even read?

And here you are, still in a corner of a disease support community for Christians to share their faith, just totally trashing our beliefs and insulting us. Nobody forced you to post here, you just saw a thread about Christianity and decided to pounce. You must be the smartest, coolest dude on the face of the earth.

• Like Like x 1
    8. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I do apologize the conversation got out of hand. I grew up in the Christian church and sorry, I have seen too much hypocrisy including the church turning a blind eye to members of the church hierarchy molesting innocent kids...exploiting their power. The devil which I also don't believe in, personified. Evil is real but can explained through biology and not religious lore.

You and I because we are so fundamentally different in our training and beliefs for the sake of civility on the forum should not engage one another. I really do disagree with most of your posts and your reaction to others. I can't say that for many others here. But even reasonable man can disagree strongly.

Good luck with your tinnitus. This thread should be left to posting bible verses as intended.

9. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for setting us straight.

10. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    11. Extreme
      Paranoid

Extreme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Oh dear...... I wasn't expecting a massive debate for pages and pages when I clicked this.
      All I can say is
      This was your response to how we were created. I have absolutely no freaking idea what you were trying to say here. And please don't try to explain it. Pretty please.

We believe he created the universe, so yes.

Where are the real Bible verses? John, which Bible verses does the word hope make you think of? Thanks.

12. Extreme
      Paranoid

Extreme Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This was truly beautiful to read.

• Agree Agree x 1