Are There Any Inspirational Bible Verses That Have Helped You with Tinnitus or Depression?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Robert18, Jul 26, 2018.

1. GoatSheep

GoatSheep Guest

Lol. So they are like thesis and antithesis about to form team synthesis

• Funny Funny x 1
    2. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      yupe

3. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      You can’t change your DNA or the environment you grew up in. It’s all just random just like whomever gets tinnitus. In the end death is the great equalizer. Everyone just wants happiness despite their social status. Life is too short to compare yourself to others.

I don’t think religion and tinnitus have too much bearing on each other. I just need some relief of this torment and don’t have much hope that praying will make things better, but I could be wrong.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. Bndsmheowqhe

Bndsmheowqhe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise exposure
      It’s better to live alone in the desert than with a quarrelsome, complaining wife.

Proverbs 21:9

• Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I thought we were debating it. You lost. The debate was lost a long time ago by people a lot smarter than you. You have no proof of God. And why is God punishing you with your tinnitus? Is it because of all your anger you post here in response to others? I posted the link why the smartest man in our century explained based upon physics that god didn't exist. God didn't need to exist to create man.

Debating whether the bible is true with you is like trying to explain calculus to a 5 year old.
      The bible is a book of fairy tales. A book created by a bunch of wayward people handed down through the centuries with no scientific method who wanted to believe in something bigger than themselves. Stories morphed just like the daily news cycle and fake news. Moses didn't part the sea. Noah didn't built an ark but maybe somebody built a big boat right around the time it rained a lot..lol. Jews are right, Jesus who was a Jew wasn't the son of god and he didn't rise on the 3rd day. He was a charismatic man who went on to become a martyr for what he believed in, not that he had much of a choice. He was nailed to the cross because a lot of people hated him. Just like witches used to be burned at the stake. The bible has a lot of great stories. I grew up in the church.

And Jesus said to his flock on the third day, Remember a stitch in time save's 9 and don't let the screen door hit you in the ass if running late.

Due-to-remedy

And Einstein posited in a letter...Einstein likely the first or second smartest man that ever lived...he has a lot of competition but certainly much smarter than the more charismatic Jesus...but there are a lot of men smarter than Jesus....from Euclid to Copernicus. Take Tesla who was also a lot smarter. Where did his genius come from? He stated that the plans to all his experiments came from communicating with aliens. Nobody else could figure out what he knew....just like all the greatest 'Newtonian' physicists at the time panned Einstein's theory of relativity. Bending of space and time? Really? That can't be.

In this letter, Einstein made his views on God as clear as possible, including the following quote.

“The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weakness, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still purely primitive, legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation, no matter how subtle, can change this for me.”

• Funny Funny x 1
    6. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Oh okay so Stephen Hawking said God doesn't exist therefore he doesn't. For such a genius, his comments are pretty stupid because there is absolutely nothing about physics that can prove or disprove the existence of God.

So I guess you think your ancestors were rocks that leaked chemicals into the water and just happen to form a fully functioning cell complete with molecular machines that allowed it to make copies of itself. If you don't believe in God, the Creator, then how can you possibly explain the existence of life?

• Like Like x 1
    7. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      It was explained in the video which went over your head. It is like the notion of free will you reject. It applies to you. If you don't understand something you have more limited choices, like you clinging to your bible for some level of direction. Einstein said it well.

When a universe of zero sum energy is so vast, all permutations of matter with energy interaction are possible. That confluence with infinite time or the time the universe began, spawned life. Just like human's are greatly related to the DNA of animals and plants. The existence of God is moot. The existence of something suggests something created it. Who or what created God? God is a leap of faith. The universe is not. Btw, its possible there are life forms in the universe far superior to us. They could have created us as some kind of sick experiment...lol.

Btw, mankind is on a mission to create a super race that will likely destroy us. You and I don't know if this cycle has repeated itself several times:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scie...cial-intelligence-ray-kurzweil-AI-singularity

8. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It didn't go over my head because I didn't watch it. I understand the theory of evolution perfectly. Also the theory of biogenesis from the "primordial soup". It doesn't go "over my head", I think it is absurd. Not only is it mathematically impossible for a cell to have formed by chance, it is also prerequisite on having hundreds of millions of proteins to have formed out of and that too is mathematically impossible to have occurred by chance even if the entire ocean was made of amino acids and you had a trillion years.

The only source of proteins is in fact living plants and animals. They are formed by vastly complex molecular machines through protein synthesis. If living cells are the source of proteins, then where did the first ones come from to make the first cell?

9. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    10. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Impossible to form by chance? How about all the matter in the universe itself. All the matter responsible for the sustenance of life. Did God pull the universe out of his ass?...lol.

With your limited intellect, you merely underestimate the size and complexity of the universe:
      https://www.smithsonianmag.com/scie...sics-has-some-mind-bending-answers-180952699/

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    11. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe that he spoke it into existence.

I think you underestimate how complex a living cell is. Seriously, how did several million proteins, that all have to be shaped and folded exactly a certain way to function correctly in a living cell, come into existence? They aren't even unique either. There are certain kinds of proteins that do different things. Even if you could get one protein to form by chance, you would never get 2 that were the same, let alone millions. You can't even get one amino acid, which is the building block of a protein. And then how did these proteins just happen to form a bio-molecular machine that could replicate itself, on the first iteration? It had to have all the organelles required to survive and function, and the instructions in its DNA to build another one of itself and the capability to read those instructions. A living cell is vastly more complicated than any machine humans have ever created.
      And if this can happen, why aren't we seeing it happen all throughout nature everyday? Amino acids forming and folding themselves into proteins? Why did that used to happen billions of years ago and not today? It never happens.

12. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      @John Mahan, why are you so against believing in God? It gives some people hope that there is something after our very short existence on earth. Pascal said it's better to believe and find out there isn't anything than to not believe and find out there is.

Tinnitus and many other afflictions are very tough to deal with and I don't understand all the suffering in the world, but it is what it is. Our ways are not God's ways I believe James Dobson wrote in his book "When God doesn't make sense".

I don't think comparing intellects or egos accomplishes anything.

13. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Even with 12-20 billion years there just isn't enough time for life to form by chance.

Origin Of Life - the probability of making a...

14. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      John,
      You don't believe in cell division and mutation on any level? You completely dismiss evolution?

15. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello, I never said I don't believe in cell division or mutations. Never once did I say that. Of course cells divide, of course mutations occur. I'm saying it was all set in motion by God and that it was impossible to have started on its own by chance from chemicals dissolving off of rocks in the ocean.

• Agree Agree x 1
    16. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      So God created man on his free flight of evolution like a bird released from a cage to fly?...only for man to mutate and change based upon environment and time?

Seems like God was rather primitive in the beginning. One would have thought he initially would have created a more evolved Adam and Eve:

Seven Million Years of Human Evolution
      Seven Million Years of Human Evolution

17. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No I'm saying that man was made man from the beginning. Of course we see minor changes in generations, like especially in dog breeds and even humans. But they still stay dogs, and humans and can interbreed.

Did you know that they had to use a grinding tool to make Lucy, the Australopithecus's, hip bone look human because it actually looked like a chimpanzee, because it was just a chimpanzee?
      PBS 1973 Lucy the fossil - One of The BIG HOAX...

18. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      My response is this guy's over simplification is, like saying a pimple on somebody's face is the whole universe...which it is one small spec not only relative to a person but relative to all the atoms in the universe. If you read the link I provided, from a layperson's perspective, the universe is infinite. Average person can't wrap their mind around the concept of infinite. Either could the narrator in the video with his limited probability assertions. Re-read the link I sent. Actual size of the universe may well be the size of a bubble in the ocean. Know how many bubbles there are in the ocean? Actual size of a vast universe, each as a bubble is all the bubbles in the ocean. If you consider all the permutations and combinations...infinite...you have life from a probability standpoint. All permutations not only make life possible, but probable.

19. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      So you dismiss that man started off basically as chimpanzees as the video showed 7 million years ago?

• Agree Agree x 1
    20. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There is no evidence that the universe is infinite or finite, it is totally unknown.
      Then why has life only been found on earth and not all planets and moons? If there has been so much time then why aren't we detecting radio signals from ancient highly advanced civilizations?
      Absolutely. I think the notion that we came from chimps, and that chimps came from sea creatures, and that sea creatures came from amoebas, and amoebas came from chemicals floating around, to be absolutely absurd.

21. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      upload_2019-8-28_11-6-8.png .

22. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Genesis 1 King James Version (KJV)
      1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13 And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20 And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21 And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22 And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23 And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30 And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    23. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      You know what you are like John? And please have a belly laugh about this with me. You believe in the same fiction that was written in the bible...lol. Its circular and honestly I have to have a really good laugh about it.
      Fossils chronicling early man which you dismiss because it doesn't comport with your wacky and archaic system.
      Evidence that universe is infinite? Simple answer is our presence with no God. That is how many permutations and combinations it took to evolve from the primordial soup you mention. Infinite.

Why only life on earth and not on the moon? Statistical convenience. Why haven't we discovered intelligent life... not that it exists on earth which is greatly questioned by our exchange :p....because we may have to travel the equivalent of 1 million converging universes over to find it outside our solar system. We don't have that technology.
      Man who evolved from apes into so called modern man isn't that smart yet.

Please know, much bigger minds than you and me didn't believe in God. They do differential calculus in their sleep.
      They invented statistics and know the odds and have a proper perspective of the universe in its vastness.

The dumb narrator of the video you linked should have asked, given infinite chances to win the lottery, do you win the lottery? The answer is an obvious and resounding yes. We as humans that evolved from the primordial soup are proof positive.

24. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes. You believe that Adam and Eve looked like Brad and Angelina...when the real beginning was just a couple of monkeys fooling around eating an apple hanging on a tree.

25. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hey @John Mahan -- I have to say, I find your posts to be quite entertaining! ;) I also grew up on a parochial school, getting regular Bible instruction, and at one point went through "Confirmation". The process involved getting asked questions in front of the entire congregation, and answering important questions about the Bible. Fortunately, we had a chance to practice answering those questions before the big event.

Of course, it was a little nerve wracking for the an eighth grader, but I thought I was prepared. But still hoped I might get asked the easist question I thought there was. And I was! The question: "How do we know the Bible is the true word of God?" Answer: "Becaue the Bible tells us so". How can a person argue with that impeccable logic??? LOL. As a somewhat rebellious eighth grader, I have to say I did manage to answer it with a straight face (no easy task). LOL @Jazzer

I read a story once about the reason why Tesla never created an invention that didn't work the first time around (whether it's true or not I can't say). But the story goes like this: Before Tesla invented a machine in the physical world, he would first invent it inside his own mind. He would then turn it on for a few weeks, and come back and inspect it.

He would note where it was worn in some way, or in any way not working properly. He would then--in his mind--tweak the invention, and give it another go. Eventually, the machine would work properly. Only then would he bring it down to the physical. Kinda makes a person wonder about how we put so much emphasis on the physical, when it would seem it's only the tip of the iceberg of a greater totality of life.

26. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Those fossils came from the flood.
      Wrong. There has been a finite time since the alleged big bang. If the big bang and big crunch are happening for infinity, life certainly does not carry over from one to the next, so no, there has NOT been infinite time for life to pop out of chemicals. That's just stupid.

27. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, according to anthropology and paleobotany, man emerged from Africa, so their ancestors would have been from Africa, and apple trees are native to Asia, so no. Brad and Angelina? There is no way of telling what Adam and Even looked like. Whether they were white, black, brown, tall, or short or whatever.

28. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I didn't say infinite time. I said the universe is an infinite array of atom configurations. Doesn't take infinite time to align with infinite combinations of atoms to spawn life.

John, if there is an infinite chance you will go blind, you will go blind, certainly in 15 billion years.

You didn't watch it the first time. Why? Because you know it doesn't comport with your fairy book belief system.
      Here is the scientific explanation. You first have to get a better handle on vastness.

If you buy up all the lottery tickets but 5, there is a pretty good chance you will hit the lottery called life. That is how infinite the universe is.

Stephen Hawking and the Existence of God

29. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Tesla. Look at this picture.
      flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg

He is trying to tell us something. What is that book he is reading?

Here you go.

https://archive.org/details/theoryofnaturalp00boscrich

30. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      They were monkeys and spoke in monkey jibberish. Later, they evolved to write the bible which some people...fewer each day, still believe in.