Are There Any Inspirational Bible Verses That Have Helped You with Tinnitus or Depression?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Robert18, Jul 26, 2018.

1. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      There is? I don't think that's true at all.
      There are no fairies in the Bible.

2. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Give the bible time. Over the next 2 thousand years, it will include Elon Musk flying to Mars and humans and robots battling for survival.

I gave you two links that explains the vastness of the universe...which can be intersection of billions of universes.

3. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      @John Mahan, are you just going to turn into compost when you are dead?

• Funny Funny x 1
    4. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Tesla was such a freak. An intellectual outlier of unfathomable proportion.
      A fitting tribute to name his electric car company after him...our modern day genius Elon Musk now delving in the computer cloud network interface to the human brain. Musk understands Darwinism. Survival against AI robots that will be as smart as human's...coined singularity...by the year 2045 and 1000 x's smarter beyond that without intervention.

John won't like Musk playing God, I can assure you. ;)

Neuralink:
      Watch Elon Musk’s Neuralink presentation

Lane,
      No doubt you have read a bit about Tesla's life and how he came to his unseemly death:

https://www.sott.net/article/241580-Nikola-Tesla-Was-Murdered-by-Otto-Skorzeny

5. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      but we don't know that. I see what you're saying that there could be infinite universes therefore everything that can happen, which is anything, will. But that may not be true and you have to accept that as a possibility as well.
      I like Elon Musk.

How is having a computer stuck to your brain better than just being healthy? That's not playing God at all. When he creates life from non living matter then I'll be impressed.

6. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Yes we do. Because life without God proves it. Life couldn't happen without almost infinite permutations.

All you saying is God steps in and increases the odds of life by creating man and the hundreds of thousands of organisms which are surprisingly derivative of man. The flipside to this argument is supported by what we know of quantum mechanics. If it can happen, it will given enough permutations which comports with the virtually infinite permutations that exist within the universe. Typical backlash to human like organisms not evolving from the primordial soup is...no way because statistically impossible. No because we basically bought up all the lottery tickets.

Which of course begs the issue of life on other planets...possibly much smarter than us which is likely. But it maybe 1 million intersecting universes away all within one vast universe. Will be a while before we become smart enough to communicate and likely smarter beings than us feel no need to reach out.

What will accelerate man's intelligence? AI and super computers will accelerate technology at a pace we can't imagine. Super robots designing even better robots because man isn't up to the job.

If you want to believe in God fine. But as the video points out, God then is more or less along for the ride and doesn't do anything. Because the universe in its vastness with all the elements of life that created every permutation from planet to bacteria to jelly fish to man, can run by itself.

7. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You're saying, if there isn't a God, then life couldn't happen without infinite permutations, therefore since life does exist there must be infinite permutations and no God.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_reasoning

8. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      No. I believe what Hawking believes. He believes the existence of God is optional and therefore unlikely.
      It was explained in the video. The problem with arguing on the internet, it presupposes that when you post a link it will be understood with comprehension. First you didn't watch the video and second, even if you watched it you didn't understand it. And hence all your responses.
      To repeat, two of the greatest minds of our lifetime don't believe that God existed. Its ok if you join the legion of those with lesser intellect that believe. Its ok to believe in God, just like it isn't a bad thing for little kids to believe in the tooth fairy and Santa.

9. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      What makes Hawking "one of the greatest minds of our time"? Because he expounded on a bunch of unprovable theories about black holes? What type of tangible benefit did mankind derive from his work?

10. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      With the tooth fairy, Santa, or Easter Bunny, we already know they do not exist since it is a parent or another adult providing the cash, gifts, or eggs. There is proof that they do not exist.

With God, there is no proof that God does not exist. There is a reason why evolution and big bang theory are still called theories. Since the beginning of mankind, there is no proof that God does not exist.

Science is generally pretty good at distinguishing between fact and theory.

• Like Like x 1
    11. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      I don't know, as I can't really make it out. Can you, and if so, could you let us know.

12. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Debating Hawking's intellect really?...most preeminent astrophysicist of our time who helped perpetuate our understanding of the universe on the backs of Newton and Einstein.

These conversations really never go so well. The reason so many don't agree is based upon our training and our training really stems from how our brains are wired to begin with. No free will.
      Anybody who believes that modern man didn't spawn from chimpanzee aka caveman 7 million years ago..which is just such a fundamental, to me denies truth and is pretty much worthless to argue with.
      Best to leave it there.

13. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    14. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    15. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      In what multiverse are you from where chimps are "also known as" cavemen?

16. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      He obviously chose that book for that photograph to show us that he regards it as important. Maybe you should read it.

17. just1morething
      Benevolent

just1morething Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ disorder, airplane barotrauma, noise exposure.
      If God really did create man, then comparing Hawking's intellect to God's would be like comparing an ant to a human.

• Like Like x 1
    18. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well it's a bit blurry, and it's over 500 pages. I'd be happy with a synopsis if you have one.

19. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not blurry at all.
      upload_2019-8-28_13-49-12.png

If you don't want to know the basis of Tesla's perception of the universe that's okay. I was just throwing it out there for you since you obviously regard him as an important person.

20. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks, that's all the synpopsis I needed. Just to mention, you often give short, curt replies on this forum, and I often don't have a clue what you're getting at. I suspect it's the same with many others who read them.

From my perspective, no more or less important than you, me, or any other person. -- On a somewhat related topic, if there's one thing I wished about the world's major religions, it's that they wouldn't think of themselves as superior. That very quality is where most of them lose their credibility with me.

• Hug Hug x 1
    21. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, that's part of the beauty of Christianity is that we are commanded not to think of ourselves as superior to others. It actually teaches that we are helpless without God and not better than anyone else.

Luke 18:
      10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

We aren't even supposed to think of ourselves as better than those that do us wrong and use us and we are supposed to love and pray for them.

Matthew 5:
      44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

I even struggle with that, but it is the standard that I press to adhere to and fail over and over again because I am only human.

• Like Like x 1
    22. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Just remember, because I have been waiting for the bible thumpers to slowly make an appearance, keep in mind, those that believe in the bible are more chimp than modern man. Please know that evolution is a sliding scale and not all people have benefited as much.
      A good question and one I presume you are asking in earnest. Our flesh does of course. But there is a lot of evidence on earth that suggests our souls are recycled. There is copious evidence of reincarnation throughout the world...

A couple of examples...and hundreds just like it:
      Kids' Past Lives (Reincarnation...

5 REINCARNATED CHILDREN Who Remember Their...

Then there is unexplained precosity....little kids like the video I posted of the little girl that feels a connection to Mozart. The only plausible explanation for such talent is bringing it along from a previous life.

And then there is a bit more about near death experiences. People that die for a while and feel their body die and their spirit rise out of their body and travel toward a light.

Perhaps the most famous account is from a Harvard taught neuroscientist Dr. Even Alexander:

Dr. Alexander's story:
      Dr. Eben Alexander, Near Death Experience NDE

Prior to his NBE, he believed a brain was like a CPU of home computer. Organic matter and circuits that created individual thought. He believed consciousness was singular and personal and not shared.

After his near death experience all that changed. He believes that the spirit on some level rejoins the spiritual collective which may go on to inhabit another life as explained in the preceding videos.

This of course has nothing to do with a God...or perhaps a concept of God...Jesus or the Bible or traditional interpretation of religion.

Dr. Alexander believes there is a super intelligence like the cloud related to AI or a computer. People with their particular brain anatomy have the ability to tap into this intelligence and make sense of it. He calls the brain a reducing valve or more like a radio receiver. Our brain differences explain our different talents including a savant with extreme mental impairment with almost supernatural islands of cognitive ability. Like Rex Lewis:

A Musical Savant Shows Talent

• Informative Informative x 1
    23. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So you believe in the soul, and reincarnation, but not God. You also assume that people that believe in the Bible are of lesser intelligence and less "evolved". Hmm alrighty then.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    24. JohnAdams
      Festive

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      upload_2019-8-28_16-38-50.png .

• Funny Funny x 3
    25. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      A definitional thing. This spiritual collective consciousness could be termed God, but didn't necessarily create mankind or all the animals that are almost just like us that seem to have a soul as well...that may too tap into collective consciousness on a reduced level. Dolphins, horses, dogs and cats come to mind. :p

26. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hey @John Mahan -- Do you suppose it's possible dolphins, horses, dogs, cats, etc. look at us, and wonder whether humans are tapping into a collective consciousness at a reduced level? :D A lot of them sure seem to be a lot more good hearted their their human counterparts.

• Like Like x 1
    27. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
      Honestly, Hawking's book with Mlodinov was embarrassing and this was recognized by scientists and philosophers alike. Hawking did some good work on black hole radiation but his work on imaginary time has become dated. We should all admire him for how he contributed to science through his terrible illness but his scientific importance has been exaggerated. He has done outstanding work and has become an ambassador to science, sure, but some people even called him the greatest physicist of his generation which is ridiculous. Also, the multiverse and landscape in string theory has turned as non-scientific as it gets. To put it bluntly it replaces "God did it" with "the multiverse did it". The multiverse remains untestable as a scientific hypothesis. The jury is out on whether it is a huge violation of Occam's razor (entities or laws?). See also the review of Krauss book "a universe from nothing" in the NYT (David Albert is an atheist with two PhD's, one in quantum physics). I know, I put too much stuff in one post and should explain better how all these points are connected but don't have time to elaborate these days. Do read David Albert piece on Krauss universe from "nothing"/multiverse approach in the NYT though, it is just brilliant.

• Agree Agree x 1
    28. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The Bible is all about God's relationship/covenant with man, and about the path to salvation for man. The lack of discussion about animals and their souls/afterlife in the Bible does not mean that animals do not have a relationship with God, don't have souls, etc., in my opinion. That is not the point of the Bible. Humans are distinct from animals in that we are made in the image of God; we are like God probably in all aspects including spiritually. Because animals are not like God, it is fair to say that they may not have the same level or type of intelligence, spiritual or ethical awareness.

• Agree Agree x 2
    29. Chinmoku

Chinmoku Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Started with a cold, possibly worsened by medication/noise
    30. John Mahan

John Mahan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Great post. Agree that some of the respect for Hawkings was his will to fight through his profound illness and continue to use his great mind to think about the universe. But speaking of dated, look how far we have come from the period of Einstein and drilling down on any of the greatest thinkers from Einstein who competed with the greatest thinkers in his day like his Mathematics counterpart for a transcendent theory, same applies to Edison and Tesla when Edison was dead wrong to push DC as you know and did everything in his power to politically discredit the genius Tesla.

Pushback on the multiverse being unproven which I agree with...same can be applied to testing the existence of God as the divine creator. God remains an untestable scientific hypothesis as well.

But lets go a step further. Is mankind god? Or will we be in the next one hundred years. Is man about to create a super species of robots that will mimic all the sci fi movies we watched in horror with super intelligence that will ultimately wipe man out? Is this really how man came about? The Japanese are said to be working on combining animals with people in the laboratory. What is the survivability of a Lion with the intelligence of a person combining the most desired traits of each?

So we really don't know how we got here. We could have easily been an alien experiment from another galaxy in another star system and another companion universe.

Mankind is constrained by evolution. I mean, God could have given man a better start than primitive man who mutated over 7 million years into modern man. But he/she/it, this so called omniscient God didn't.

And here we are at this point in time. Man is working on creating a new species. Evolution seriously constrains the intelligence of man who began in caves working with primitive tools who developed weapons to wipe out other groups of humans based upon survival of the fittest.

Robots, communicating with the cloud of all known information, with algorithms so advanced that they can perform complicated calculus in a moments glance and triangulate position with GPS and communicate with other robots with built in cell phones....with superior eye sight and hearing, who can run 50 mph and lift an automobile. That is where we are headed. Human's won't be up to the task of designing future robots. Robots will do this job as well as they will be far more capable..

Robots with 1000 x's the intelligence of humans in the lifetime of many on this forum.
      A new super race we create. Are we God?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scie...cial-intelligence-ray-kurzweil-AI-singularity