Are There Any Regulations to Loud, Damaging Environments?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Taylorslay, Oct 7, 2017.

?

Were you aware of the dangers of loud noise exposure before you damaged your ears?

1. Yes

2. Yes, but I didn't take them seriously

3. No

4. No, my hearing loss is due to something else unrelated to loud noise exposure

Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Taylorslay
      Happy

Taylorslay Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Years of excessively loud headphone use
      I know this isn't something you can measure easily. But considering the larger number of young people than ever before at risk of damaging their hearing, why is there not any kind of warning or regulations in place to keep this from happening or at least more warnings.

I wish I knew before I damaged my ears. And I'm only 16! No one told me anything and now I live to regret it with muffled voices and a constant tinnitus in both of my ears.

I just hope someone warns people about the dangers of hearing loss and loud noises. Because surely if I didn't know, then likely many others don't know.

• Like Like x 2
    2. MBH

MBH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overloaded stress
      No there is no awareness at all you are correct. I now tell my kids. No headphones, earbuds on low. Good thing I was telling them no loud noise, but docs have said nothing and never mention you can get T and h, but also fail to say there is no cure. I live in the US, excellent question that's why there is no cure no awareness. The US has to change.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      We live in a LOUD world and it only gets louder. I use to love going to movies...now they are much louder.

• Agree Agree x 2
    4. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      No. I did not know. I did not know anything about tinnitus before I got it. I knew loud music/volumes could damage your hearing but no one told me you could get tinnitus. Actually I have always had sensitive hearing and I always felt that because I didn't regularly listen to loud music on my headphones that the occasional accidental loud noise wouldn't hurt me.

I could have easily prevented my T if I knew that headphone usage in general (not just listening to loud music) could give me tinnitus.

Because of how I got T with my headphones (always had volume at 5%, hardly listened to music) I would recommend that no one EVER use them because it was unexpected impulse noises that would've been impossible for me to predict that gave me T.

• Agree Agree x 2