Are There Any Remote Jobs That Don't Require Audio (Phone or Video Calls)?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ava Lugo, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Ava Lugo
      Irritated

Ava Lugo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      I work as a bagger at a grocery store. It's been very very stressful because of severe reactive tinnitus. Where we collect all the carts in the parking lot, I have my hearing aid turned off almost every time. I have to go out there for 30 minutes which is 3 or 4 times a day. I was able to keep this job for 2 years with this bad tinnitus by turning off my hearing aid, otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it since the tinnitus reacts badly.

I'm getting a new hearing aid soon and I don't want to wear it out fast by turning it off 3 or 5 times a day at work when i go outside.

I'm wondering if you know of any remote jobs from home I could do that don't require audio at all, like no phone or video calls?

I have no degree. I only worked retail jobs. I tried looking online but it seems a lot of work from home jobs do require video chat, even if no phone is required, so I'm not sure. I'm also severely hearing impaired so talking on the phone has always been an issue but with reactive tinnitus I don't think I'd be able to concentrate with any audio.

Anybody know of a job where I can work from home without talking on phone and video chat?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Bill_
      Balanced

Bill_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1. loud Concert | 2. loud club | 3. tympanometry
      The bad news is that you will probably have to learn some new skills.

The good news is that there are many different types of remote jobs that you can do. You just need to find the one that suits you.

Some ideas:

- Learn coding (probably the hardest on this list but you’ll be able to earn a LOT of money). Good start is Python.
      - Start an e-commerce business (maybe dropshipping).
      - Copywriting or translations (there are websites where you can apply for texting/translation jobs).
      - Graphic design (second most difficult to learn, usually requires a fair bit of artistic talent).

Don’t be scared to just start learning something new. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist for most of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. sjtinguy

sjtinguy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise
      Companies might be able to work with you if you use voice to text software during video chats. You can just say you are hearing impaired and I'm sure they'd understand.

4. ZFire
      Pacman

ZFire Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      2012 (mild) & 04/2021 (severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity (2012) Unknown-likely noise induce (2021)
      Freelance data entry. Other than that you’ll likely need to develop and learn new skills first.

If you want to YOLO it, there’s always online gambling like poker, blackjack etc.