As Soon As I Get Home the Tinnitus Becomes Worse, Why?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Rina, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Rina
      Energetic

Rina Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/18/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Really don't know
      Is it common to have tinnitus become louder and worse at home? I'm wondering if the wifi connections and all this technology is affecting my T since it gets worse here at home and in places where it seems to be a lot of technology. Or am I just paranoid to get home and deal with T. Also I have notice that I feel like waves of energy or else I don't know how to call it, but at time I feel like a wave go to my ear and It feels like is clogging my ear and a high pitch sound follows it then it fades and my T gets louder. Has anyone experience these?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I don't know if it is energy or not, but I have found when getting from an open space to a close space (the car, elevator, room etc.), the T seems louder. Strange indeed.

3. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      It's not Wifi, rest assured. How about the simple fact that when you are out, your mind is occupied on other things?

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Micharran

Micharran Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don't know
      I have wondered about wi if too. I play a lot of games and I'm concentrating on them but my tinatus interrupts and gets louder the longer I'm online

5. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The easy way to disprove the wifi theory is to spend a couple weeks out in the boonies.

The problem is, every time I do this, my tinnitus gets a lot better and then I start to think 'oh wow maybe it IS all the EMFs'... :-p

6. MattK

MattK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/13/2014
      I know exactly what you mean because at first, my tinnitus was the same way. I don't know why though.

7. RicoS
      Alienated

RicoS Member Benefactor

Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress or Acoustic trauma
      When you are outside .... the sound of nature , vehicles , people etc mask it a bit ...most sounds you do not pay attention to but they do help with the masking.

When at home with closed doors and windows there is less external sound that your subconcious can pick up so T is more in the foreground

• Agree Agree x 1