Bad Sleeper. I Wake Up 3-4 Times at Night.

Discussion in 'Support' started by bekker, May 20, 2016.

1. bekker

bekker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise / festival
      I've always been a bad sleeper even before my tinnitus. But when i got my t it went bad. I woke up 3 to 4 times at night. I thaught it had Also something to do with my smoking because i quit smoking when i got T and i had a period after that i could sleep throughout. But now after a homeparty 4 weeks ago my sleep went back to bad again. I wake up 3 to 4 times a night for 4 weeks now. I think it has something to do with my tinnitus. What can i do to take a good rest and sleep throughout the whole night again? I take melatonin already and don't wanna take any addictive medicins.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Sleeping tablets can help short term but for a long time Anitryptaline as a low dose 10 mg will help sleep.
      Try relax and sleep music if you have a phone with apps or a relax and sleep CD etc.
      Try a hot milky drink and a warm bath and keep off computers two hours before you want to go bed and keep to a routine to retrain your brain to sleep....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      bekker

bekker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise / festival
      Thanks i Will try it i'm always on my phone for hours before i'm going to sleep

4. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      Isn't waking up 3 to 4 times a night normal? I wake up and toss and turn all night, always have, I just go back to sleep eventually.

5. Cristian Ro

Cristian Ro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      When my spike was strong, I was using valerian extract (herb). It worked.