Bad Tinnitus with No Known Cause for 8 Months

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Forever_free, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Forever_free

Forever_free Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown : ear injury ? Stress ?
      Hi everybody, I'm 30 from France.

Eventually joined this place to find some answers to my questions, because Doctors I've seen were totally AWFUL. They were not helpful AT ALL, telling there's nothing to do, or it's psychological.

I'm angry with them.

I've been suffering from restless legs syndrome for 12 years, anyone else here???? Nothing can be done for it. Any connection with tinnitus?
      But I can say that tinnitus is far worse than RLS.

Tinnitus is the worst thing that happened to me as many of you, I can see... I'm musician, and I couldn't anymore to play and listen to music. This is sorrowful.

When my tinnitus started?

1st day: tinnitus struck me on my birthday (thanks... I've seen other people were in this case, strange thing isn't...?). I woke up one night with a whistle's melody in my RIGHT EAR. I was telling to myself what the hell is that?.

>>> Any link to explain it??

NO NOISE EXPOSURE the days, the weeks, even the months before. The only thing I can remember is that I started to sleep badly before tinnitus came to me... Some noises (not loud) in my neighbourhood were stressful to me. At the same moment I got the tinnitus, my liver became sick... I had a jaundice. (Chinese medicine says there's a link between tinnitus and the liver, but I don't understand it).

Some months before the tinnitus I had had wax removed from my ears, and the audiologist hurt badly my middle right ear, ear pain for weeks. Is there a connection considering the time elapsed before it?

How did it evolve?

And then, I started a descent into hell. Daily life became very hard, I've lost my life : can't rest, can't work, can't sleep, can't just lie down in peace, always feel uncomfortable...

3 days later : the tinnitus in the right ear became MUCH LOUDER. I woke up a night thinking a pipe had exploded somewhere, and then I realised that the sound was in my ear... BAD moment...

+-One week: tinnitus in the right EAR was really creepy and a crickets sound popped in my LEFT ear.
      I was able to hear MANY SOUNDS in my ears, maybe 7-8 or more:
      - Whistle melody in the right + low white noise + metallic clicks sometimes + pulsatile hiss
      - Alarm sound in the left + crickets sounds + high pitched white noise

Two week later:
      - Basically the tinnitus in my right ear started to fade in intensity, but was always there.
      - BUT the loudness moved to my LEFT EAR, i started to hear a modem sound, a sound of hard drive looking for data.

One month:
      - Same loudness, same baseline
      Two months:
      - A spike
      - The sounds started to become only a general HIGH PITCH WHITE NOISE the day which I was able to hear above everything, I mean even above SHOWER. And at night, or when I was lying down, other sounds reappeared.

3 months:
      - Go to a cranio-sacral therapy. Just after that, a very bad spike. But one week after, I was ALMOST able to hear silence (I mean not really silence, just a general electrical hiss not that loud...), and then tinnitus goes back to its baseline.

4 months to 8 months:

Little improvement, but sometimes bad spikes. During the day, I'm hearing a static high pitch white noise above almost everything. At night, after getting some sleep, in can be better or worse...

AND in complete silence, I can hear a CENTRAL BUZZ in my head, in the middle of my head, low sound.

Maybe in the last few weeks, there's a little improvement to notice, very very 'slight'.

Has anyone got a clue about the cause of my tinnitus?

- Lying down make tinnitus worse: other sounds appear / during the day basically a white noise high pitch + metallic clicks in the right ear
      - After sport, a great effort, I just hear the central sound in my heart, the tinnitus seems to be quieter.
      - EVERY sound above 80 dB makes my tinnitus spike for minutes to hours... The tinnitus is very very reactive to ambient sound. An engine running spikes the tinnitus strongly...
      - Tinnitus didn't come alone but with liver problem and insomnia (before tinnitus, few days before).
      - Sometimes my heart beats make a pulsatile sound in my right ear.
      - No hearing loss according to an audiologist, but I know that my right ear is not as good as my left.

CST has helped (but I could be also a natural improvement, don't know) me but it's far too expensive to get a weekly session...

Herbs (ginkgo), supplements, didn't help at all.

Has anyone been cured from non-noise induced tinnitus? What can I do?

I have some WAX that needs to be removed. What is the safest way to do it?

Thanks

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      @Forever_free In considering every word, it does stand out that you may have nerve fiber networks in play. How was your stress levels before getting T?

3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. SoundB0und
      Balanced

SoundB0und Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ototoxicity
      Get a blood test if you have not already, sounds like it could be a vitamin deficiency. Tinnitus, liver problems, restless leg syndrome and insomnia can be caused by too little vitamin B1 for example, not that it's the only vitamin that can cause it. This is just me completely speculating but B1 is heavily depleted by alcohol, maybe you had alcohol on your birthday and that put you over the hump to getting T, idk just a theory.

I was heavily B1 vitamin deficient and had no idea for years(I have not drank acohol for years) and had a whole host of symptoms RLS among them. My T was not much effected by the B1 supplementation unfortunately but many people in this thread say B1 helped them with tinnitus: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/thiamine-pyrophosphate-tpp-stopped-my-tinnitus.13673/ . B12 deficiency can also cause T, RLS and liver problems.

Many vitamin and mineral deficiencies can cause tinnitus, so I suggest you get checked.

• Like Like x 2
    5. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      Hi welcome to the forum, sorry about your situation.

http://www.tinnitusjournal.com/arti...resulting-from-cerumen-removal-procedures.pdf
      ear wax removal can go wrong, damage hearing (even midly enough to go unnoticed by an audiogram) and cause tinnitus.

You mentioned chinese medicine, Chinese medicine is complete BS, tinnitus is not well understood by modern science but it is confirmed to have something to do with the audiotory brain and non audiotory regions of the brain compensating for hearing loss by making phantom noises in most cases. Avoid chinese medicine, homeopathy or miracle cure garbage.

6. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      upload_2018-8-8_8-7-42-png-png.png
      source (skip to hidden hearing loss) http://hyperacusisfocus.org/innerear/

Hearing loss is probably the culprit, most ENT's dont keep up to date with research, they only test for hearing in the human voice range and tonal noises. frequencies above 8k can damage and speech/high pitches in background noise can muffle and the standard audiogram will not detect it.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Forever_free, I just received the following on another forum in reply to his finding out my tinnitus was caused by taking an ototoxic, anticholinergic drug called Promethazine. His comments seem to connect some of your queries about RLS and tinnitus:
      -
      "One of the ways H1 antihistamines work is by reversing/inhibiting what happens when histamine is released -- dilating the blood vessels being one of the them. These drugs do the opposite, constrict blood vessels -- hence, the common symptom of sedation/sleepiness, dry mouth, etc. One of the other symptoms is indeed tinnitus.

I haven't been able to take that type of antihistamine in probably 15+ years, as every time I do, they give me a horrible case of restless legs -- again, because of it's affects on circulation. Other antihistamines are tolerable, although I avoid them in general." -- I've also had tinnitus off and on for about 30 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Contrast - I can't disagree. A hearing test was done - but (agreed) nerve fiber sensitivity very possible. Also - lack of dopamine may be associated with the ear being sensitive, restless legs and of course the brain where dopamine is manufactured in nerve cell bodies.

This is often why cranio-sacral helps, a spike first then temporary relief from less stress giving pleasure. For nerve fiber networks and associated lower level of dopamine, antioxidants from foods may help the central nervous system. @Forever_free has mentioned taking supplements so I assume some D and B vitamins were taken, but maybe not iron. Iron is believed to help with restless legs.

Body and mind is a difficult balance and there's always information that we don't have that needed in commenting.

https://www.cochrane.org/CD006009/MOVEMENT_dopamine-agonists-for-restless-legs-syndrome

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Forever_free

Forever_free Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks for advices and informations....

I've been taking supplements vitamins for months, didn't see difference...

stress levels were very high for years...

how stress levels can trigger T ?
      How to cure the nerve fiber ?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    10. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Forever_free Place in your internet search "major conditions of the human body". Then search for "images of major condition factors of the human body". Read "the importance of antioxidants in human body". This is the first article of hundreds on human health where many have association with tinnitus. Other articles explain stress, infection, effects of electrical currents of the human body, and muscle, bone and nerve influence.

Many of us have different physiological differences. What may be one's problem may not be another's problem. Research is needed that involves family history as well as history of lifestyle and lifetime trigger events. We can't often take those factors into consideration when trying to help others, but we can try. A supplement of any kind may help someone and not another. Anything placed in the mouth could have bad effects depending on one's physiology or medical history.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
      • Like Like x 2
    11. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Yes, but it depends on your root cause. You need to figure that out.
      If I were you, I'd go do a hearing test at an audiologist to get an idea of your hearing, because it's a fairly common cause.

You mentioned your middle ear got hurt before, so the hearing test could be helpful to detect middle ear issues (conductive losses).

Before my last hearing test, my audiologist wanted wax removed via micro suction. I asked to use a curette instead. I think any instrument can be potentially dangerous in the wrong hands, so I'm not sure my request was really justified, but it felt better to me.

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Forever_free

Forever_free Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks. I think i have mild conductive loss in my right. Can TMJ be the root cause of this ? My jaw's grinding every i open my mouth in the right side. How to fix it ? Is there a way ?

BUT the strange thing is that the T is stronger in the the left ear (good ear). Anybody in the same case ?

Other question : every time i put my fingers in my ears, the T is stronger and changes its pitch.
      When i Yawn, its far far stronger ? is it normal ?

13. Greg Sacramento

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Forever_free
      Yes.

Tinnitus can be caused by neck injury which often leads to the jaw or they both happen at the same time, although there are times when TMJ can cause a sore neck.

TTTS - Tonic Tensor Tympani Syndrome or hearing functions can be the result of temporomandibular joint (TMJ) problems and/or the upper spine problems - specifically the C1 and C2 vertebrae being out of alignment.

Often TMJ and upper cervical spine problems are related. Various nerves become pinched that can lead to clinking sounds (objective tinnitus) that is perceived as TTTS.

Many with tinnitus also have physical influence and sometimes it's somatic influence. Some studies say the figure can be as high as 80%.

A prior lifetime injury can lead to all of this. Studies have linked that an injury, (prior or recent) can result in TMJ as a cause of tinnitus. Studies have indicated that TMJ trauma occurs 87% to 96% from whiplash injuries. TMJ can also be caused from stress - grinding, mouth/teeth concerns or from a dental procedure.

Many believe that they received tinnitus from a noise exposure and that may be the case, but have they considered a prior minor injury. A minor injury that has relationship to the jaw, neck and muscles within the ears. A history of improper head bending where the head wasn't centered over the shoulders. When one has a history of this it could be an added influence when one is exposed to loud noise.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
      • Like Like x 2
    14. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      What makes you think that?

15. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      I know someone who's had tinnitus for decades, and restless leg syndrome as well. For relief from restless leg syndrome, he takes a drug that is ordinarily used to treat Parkinson's. I doubt that these two conditions are connected, but who knows.

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Forever_free

Forever_free Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well, even if i have no hearing loss according to the test, I don't hear in the right ear as well as in the left. The sound i hear in the right ear is more muffled, mitigate... And my jaw in the right side creaks. When i'm speaking sometimes i hear a sort of echo in the right ear.

Is it a kind of hidden hearing loss ?

But the T is more intense and loud in the left ear ! Don't understand at ALL.

17. GregCA
      Jaded

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      If you had conductive hearing loss, you'd see it on your test. Conductive hearing loss relates mostly to middle ear conditions (more accurately, anything before the hair cell detection apparatus in the hearing pipeline, so in theory a hole in your ear drum would be considered as conductive losses).

I don't know about your particular case, but hidden hearing loss does exist. Check out Liberman's work.

• Like Like x 1
    18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Forever_free

Forever_free Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks.

What sort of practitioner can fix TMJ ? Did someone cure from T caused by TMJ here ?

Nevertheless, i'm trying to heal on my one : fasting 2 days, CBD oil, and "cleaning" my liver.
      I've made of protocole with Epsom Salt to clean the liver. T was reactive to this. It spiked at night but today it came back to its previous baseline and seems to have fade a little, a part of the static noise high pitch is not here today. Interresting point to notice...

I think if T can improve a little, T can improve more ? But to me it's a total mystery.

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Forever_free

Forever_free Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      So i've still noticed little improvements the last days... However cure from it seems still too far. I will come back on this forum to write my sucess story if it happens...

If someone knows how to fix TMJ problems, please let me know.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Forever_free

Forever_free Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Update here : T is more and more unoticeable during the day, and slighter at night. Huge relief ! I just came into a very quiet room to listen to it, never been so slight, more like a hiss. Don't bother me at day ! Very amazing. I hope i will be able to hear silence.

But don't know why it's fading to be honest, may be it will spike tomorrow ... Maybe natural recovering. But it gives me hope !

What i've done last weeks : CBD OIL, Fasting, I aslo applied the "back to silence" method two weeks ago, may be it has helped.

So to those who will read me : don't lose hope, your condition can improve !

• Like Like x 1
    21. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Forever_free,

Congratulations on your extraordinary improvements!!! -- I'm experimenting with intermittent fasting at this time, and am contiuing to experiment with CBD Oil on and off (currently off). But I'm not familiar with the "back to silence" method you mention. Could you explain a bit more about it, or post a link? -- Thanks, and again congratulations!