Be Careful of Your Pets

Discussion in 'Support' started by MattL, Nov 29, 2014.

1. MattL
      Jaded

MattL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's
      Was having a good day today with low t volume and then my cockatiel, who is normally quiet, decided to blast my bad ear with a loud squawk, and now t is piercing again :( fml...

2. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      My lab Lilly caused me many days of screaming T. She was just trying to protect me.

3. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I'm lucky that way...my boston terrior doesn't bark but have been around my brothers dogs barking. Ouch!

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Well aware of that. My T was caused when my Flat coated retriever barked my by accident straight into my left ear :bag:. Totally my fault as i had my head besides his.

5. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      My Rhodesian ridgeback George luckily is a quiet dog at home, different story when out on walks though! :eek: But when he does bark outside I'm usually wearing plugs.

6. amandine

amandine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      july 2014
      I just wonder if we are all over protecting our ears. Surely a dog barking must be 'normal' sound or do we all have to be so disabled in life now that we cant hear our own pets. What about if you have a baby or young child? Can @Dr. Charlie please comment on this and also @Dr. Nagler
      What if someone shouts at you?
      so confused as to how it is possible to go on if one cannot live a vaguely normal life anymore......so depressing and frightening.