Bi-Lateral Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by hapsgirl_runs, Nov 7, 2017.

1. hapsgirl_runs

hapsgirl_runs Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Subluxation C1 & C2 - from Weightlifting
      Hello All,

I have had bi-lateral tinnitus ongoing since a neck injury in January 2017. I was weightlifting when the injury occurred. I have for the most part quit weightlifting - straining my neck muscles makes my tinnitus worse. Running is something I love and I have backed off of doing that also. I don't know how or what can be done at this point, it is constant day in and out. I am currently undergoing cupping treatment, I have had ongoing chiropractic care, my next option will be accupuncture. Most days I wake up exhausted, I have a hard time focusing at work. My tinnitus makes me anxious, I cry about it often- and I feel no one completely understands what I have been going through for the last 10 months. I also struggle with ADHD & Anxiety - which I believe makes this more difficult to cope with. I do my best to ignore it, but whistling in the ears, or the sound of sand on a plate spinning all day is hard to ignore. Tinnitus increases my stress, my stress increases my tinnitus - I want it to go away, but it stays with me day in, day out.

2. Lost life
      Alone

Lost life Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3-17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      benzo w/d noise/trauma ,stress,tmj,hearing loss
      does it change sounds when you move your neck or jaw?

• Like Like x 1
    3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the forum. Members here understand your struggle as most of us have been where you are. Neck injury can be one of the reasons for tinnitus but are you sure to rule out other causes of tinnitus? If it is from neck injury then chiropractic treatment and/or massage therapy should be able to help. Also, if your T is constant and loud causing you quite a bit of stress, you may want to consider masking it. Crying when suffering from a new T is quite normal. I have read many people crying or tearing with emotion during T suffering. It is a way the brain can unload some stress off our system. I know of a moderator in another forum who had cried for 2 years at the start. But now he has habituated and is helping others as a moderator. Don't panic nor despair. Better days will come. Try to read the success stories to help you lift your spirit. If my success story overcoming ultra high pitch T plus severe hyperacusis can help, you can read it up as I share some helpful strategies. Good luck. Take care. God bless.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/thread...w-i-recovered-from-tinnitus-hyperacusis.3148/

• Like Like x 1
    4. swg

swg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Please let us know how acupuncture goes. I'm thinking about doing this, too.

5. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @hapsgirl_runs -- I'm currently looking into cupping for tinnitus, and was wondering if you felt you ever got any benefit from it. I noticed Bucky Badger in your picture, which tells me you may be from the upper midwest. I would recommend you seen Brian Elijah, DC in Minneapolis if you ever get a chance. He has quite an innovative approach to helping the neck heal--it worked really well for me. -- I see you haven't been back on this forum since 2017, but thought I'd take a chance anyway and leave you a note. I hope things have improved for you!