Big Sport Event

Discussion in 'Support' started by vasil, Sep 23, 2014.

1. vasil

vasil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      So, next week I am going to a football match. Real Madrid are comming to town and there is no way in hell I will miss them. There will be 40 000 people on the stadium and its going to be loud. So my question is, will I be able to go to match, without having to kill myself on the next day, becouse my T will be reaching new hights? I bought 10 earplugs with 32db reduction level, will they be enought?

2. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      hi!

it is very hard to say dear... Personally, I would go, with plugs and muffs, just in case.

Last June, I attended a Maroon 5 outdoor concert, wore plugs and it was fine. No spike.

I've had T for 7 years... I went to concerts, clubs, sports event, Monster Trucks, etc from 2007 until 2014. I never had a spike or increase but I also always wore plugs or muffs. In May 2014, my T increased due to meds... since then, I attended the Maroon 5 concert but that's about it. I would go everywhere except a club.

3. Enrique
      Dreaming

Enrique Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/20/2014
      Although it might look ridiculous, if you want to be safe, buy ear muffs and use double protection. Wish I had the chance to see RM. Goodluck and have fun.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vasil

vasil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      So its probably be fine with the plugs. I can go for muffs too, ridiculous is my second name since the T. Big thanks for both of you.

• Like Like x 1
    5. ampumpkin
      Amused

ampumpkin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Onset: 12/2007 Increase: 04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2007: Meds(Antidepressant) 2014: Meds(Antibiotics)
      @vasil you're not ridiculous..who cares what people think!!

• Creative Creative x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      vasil

vasil Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      Nobody told me that I am crazy. I just know it. There were a few days, that I wore earplugs for days, until i read that that this can couse some nasty hyperacusis. And it was true. When I put them off the noise from the cars outside was like a tank engines for some time. Overprotection is bad too...

7. BobDigi
      Kick ass

BobDigi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      That's right. I used to use headphones all the time. Since T i use a bluetooth speaker at work and on my bike. Sure some people look at me like i'm a bit weird. And i'm sure they wonder why i don't use earphones instead.
      I cared and felt a little paranoid at first. Then i thought sod em. I'm the one with tinnitus. And i know why i'm doing it. And that's all that matters.
      Wear your ear plugs and muffs and just enjoy it.

Also i just finished molding my custom fit earplugs which i intend on using on my motorbike. I bought them on Amazon for £11. They are hardening at the moment. But tomorrow i'll put the result on this thread.
      If they are good then perhaps think about giving them a go.