Bioflavonoid Complex with Hesperidin and Rutin; I Can't Tell What, But it Does Something

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by AnxiousJon, Dec 28, 2015.

1. AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Anxiety, Insomnia, and a Fan at Night
      For a year my terrible hyperacusis and T was completely arrested from the moment I took this stuff. A few months ago the potency wore off on the pills and I didn't notice, and whatever was frozen in place popped again, and it all came back. I've been messing around with doeages and haven't gotten quite the same result, but it still helps me not be anywhere near the 7-10 I would otherwise. Don't ask me how it works though; my body does really strange stuff when i take it; i feel stretching and pressure in my ear. It comes in different sizes. I believe it's the hesperidin in this complex that makes my body do strange things to try to remedy my situation, cause I have taken lipoflavonoid brand prior to this formula without alot success. Anyway here are the two links.

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Life-...8&qid=1451273555&sr=8-6&keywords=Bioflavonoid

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Life-...8&qid=1451273555&sr=8-2&keywords=Bioflavonoid

Oh, yeah and you can get some really weird results if you take one of these and one or two lipoflavonoids, but please be careful and use at your own risk. This stuff is so strange. I actually checked into the ER because things were getting so weird.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    2. Dutchy
      Not worthy

Dutchy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Neuronmodulation suggests noise induced?
      I'm weird enough as it is....

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. JohnK
      Busy

JohnK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/26/2015 (habituated) 5/13/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Doxycycline (2015) Otimize ear drops [neomycin] (2019)
      How long did you have your T before you started the pills? What caused your T? I'm guessing from your username it might be stress/anxiety? ;)

• Like Like x 1
    4. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      It helped me. I've been taking it for about a year and a half. Maybe it was coincidence, but after a week or so, my tinnitus reduced from a nonstop 9/10 or 10/10 to a 6/10 to 8/10, with an occasional 3/10 or 4/10 day thrown in. I take the 1000mg twice a day. I still have 9/10 and 10/10 days, but now they're once or twice a week instead of all the time.

4199RAkzPNL._AC_UL160_SR86,160_.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intense, life-long anxiety(which I didn't think of as axiety, just feeling normal, cause I've had it my whole life), moderate insomnia, and a fan set on low at night.
      Recently, in the last couple weeks, my hyper-acusis has sort of gone away, as the myoclonus has become more dominant. I stopped taking this since then, because alot of the weirdness that has been going on, has been a reaction of the pills with my myclonus; Very unpredictable as to what would happen the next time I took it. But strangly enough it always has noticeably helped reduce ring and sensitivity.

6. Vincent777
      Supportive

Vincent777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced after a rock concert where I played
      @AnxiousJon Bioflavonoids arrived today! :) How much should I take per day? How much do you take per day?
      Cheza I've got the 500 mg one.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      2,000mg is 2, 1,000mg tablets. Did you get the same complex? Bioflavonoids with hesperidin and rutin?

8. Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes but it's 500 mg. I guess I'll just take two twice a day.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I like the 500mg tabs more. You can simply take them as directed on the bottle. Just one twice a day is pretty powerful. It will last longer. Also take them with some food. Let me know if you have any results.

• Like Like x 1
    10. Alue
      No Mood

Alue Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      What is the mechanism of action for Bioflavonoids helping with tinnitus? I don't understand it.

11. ady

ady Member

There is none. It's not been shown to help tinnitus.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't understand it myself, but as soon as I took it I felt an intense pressure in my ear, and the loud hissing, pain, and hyperacusis was instantly gone for a year; as long as I kept taking it stayed away. Regular bioflavonoids didn't do that for me though; only this formula. Lots of people on Amazon reviews have a similar story to mine. But if my word and their's doesn't count, then I guess "it's not been show to help"(no offense ady).

• Like Like x 1
    13. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Here you go-

Anticonvulsant activity of bioflavonoid gossypin

"The anticonvulsant activity of gossypin was investigated by studying the effects on seizures induced by pentelentetrazole, strychnine and maximal electroshock convulsive methods in mice. Gossypin (10 and 20 mg/kg) significantly reduced the duration of convulsion in tonic seizure induced by pentelenetetrazole (95 mg/kg, intraperitoneally). Gossypin (20 mg/kg p.o) significantly reduced the tonic extensor convulsion induced by strychnine and maximum electroshock-induced convulsions. The data obtained suggest that gossypin have anticonvulsant property and may probably be affecting both GABA aminergic and glycine inhibitory mechanism"

"From the above study it was concluded that, the gossypin a bio-flavonoid exhibits anticonvulsant activity and the probable mode of action may be due to GABAaminergic mediation, glycine inhibitory mechanism and inhibit the electrical kindling effect."

However, the tablets he's using doesn't seem to contain gossypin, correct me if I am wrong. It's found in hibiscus, which is a lovely tea ^_^.

"Hibiscus flowers contain gossypin and are great for our health. In 2007 Susan Weed wrote about the Malvaceae family. In her E-zine (Volume 7 # 11) she wrote: “Hibiscus blossoms are exceptional sources of anti-cancer trace minerals such as selenium and chromium, and flavonoids (like in green tea). Hibiscus flowers are also a good source of calcium, manganese, potassium and vitamin C.”

In addition to hibiscus, other flowers that are edible that contain gossypin include hollyhocks and the Rose of Sharon."

- See more at: http://www.ediblewildfood.com/blog/2013/04/plants-with-gossypin/#sthash.4hrk2i7o.dpuf

http://www.banglajol.info/index.php/BJP/article/viewFile/1081/1193/

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/swanson-premium-full-spectrum-hibiscus-flower-400-mg-60-caps

http://www.healthmonthly.co.uk/swan...lower?af=gaw&gclid=CLyZ2uat3soCFYIfwwod868H9w

• Informative Informative x 1
    14. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

15. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    16. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      won't hurt anything, except your wallet, anyway!

There are a billion things that have some tiny anticonvulsant activity in animal models... if hibiscus tea cured tinnitus I would have been cured a long time ago, I love the stuff ;)

• Like Like x 1
    17. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Well, Hibiscus tea has some great health benefits, so wouldn't hurt.

• Agree Agree x 1
    18. Mark662
      Transparent

Mark662 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/1988
      "In 2007 Susan Weed wrote about the Malvaceae family.........."

Susan Weed.....you couldn't make that up.

• Winner Winner x 1
    19. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Sorry, just now seeing your post. I continue to take the 1,000 mg tablet at least once a day, sometimes twice a day when I remember. Since my tinnitus severity isn't 9 out of 10 every day now, I sometimes forget to take my supplements during the day, but I do take them before I go to bed. I think maybe it's more useful for my body to get the benefit of these supplements at night while I sleep, so that hopefully the tinnitus won't be going full blast when I wake up.

20. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Would love to try this stuff but no one will ship to iceland from amazon ,super annoying.

Bought..on Ebay , lets see what this stuff does , nothing to lose I guess.

21. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      So, if I stuff a full bottle up my ass , will I be cured ?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    22. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      You might find it an aid to habituation as you won't be listening to your tinnitus much for a while. ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
    23. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had to start taking this stuff again since my myoclonus got loud again, and the hyperacusis came back a couple weeks ago. Taking it once a day and it is working to keep things quieter and to keep the hyperacusis away. Some days I go without and it comes back. It def helps me.

• Like Like x 1
    24. Jahhsoul
      Curious

Jahhsoul Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/24/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown (not acute acoustic trauma).
      The bottle and the pills are so big that it has to do something with our T. :rockingbanana:

I think did nothing for me (1 month on) =(

25. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bummer!

26. Vincent777
      Supportive

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've noticed some cracking sound in my in my ears when I swallow or when I try to blow the air through my ears by plugging my noise with my fingers (in the lack of a better expression). Also started feeling some strange low intensity kind of a pressure sensation on my ears yesterday and the day before. Like they were a bit corked or something. Can that be from Bioflavonoids?

27. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It is possible; if it is working, you can get faster results, taking a lipoflavonoid plus and the complex together. The hesperidin and rutin use available bioflavonoids to make the changes that happen, so if you unleash lots of bioflavonoids into your blood it will make big changes. That is, if the complex is what is changing things.

The blood vessels are actually what get manipulated, and it isn't the supplement itself, it is the body armed with the supplement. If I take less than enough my nose will close off as my body strains to tighten things up around my ear. It's strange and probably undocumented by scientific journals, but it is real. I have even held the blood vessel in place away from my ear when I took it and observed the difference.

"Rutin inhibits platelet aggregation,[15] as well as decreases capillary permeability, making the blood thinner and improving circulation."
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rutin

This is the effect I have witnessed. My body permeates the blood vessels with the bioflavonoids, then hardens in place, tightening them where they should stay. My body used it to bore a tunnel in my head(tremendous pressure) and clear my sinuses, stop my post-nasal drip, and make it so I could excercise without feeling like I had athsma

• Informative Informative x 1
    28. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I've been taking about 4 of these a day for several weeks; I don't think it's done anything at all.

29. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      AnxiousJon
      Magical

AnxiousJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think it only helps middle ear issues, not inner ear or brain issues. It's like my body can perform its own Silverstein-procedure and take away my H as long as I keep taking it.

30. Cheza
      Wishful

Cheza Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barking dogs/stress
      Everyone is different in how they respond. It helped me enough that I contacted the company to let them know of my improvement. I'm still experiencing tinnitus at mind-bending levels approximately every 5 days, but now there's a bit of relief in-between.

Bioflavonoids are part of my tinnitus regimen. I take magnesium, melatonin, and also an OTC thyroid supplement to help me deal with the constant sense of fatigue. At night I take GABA and niacin. Some say it doesn't work, but it's a useful sleep aid for me. Helps me to go to sleep, but I still need something to keep me asleep for at least 6 hours instead of periodically waking up. Rarely had a problem sleeping until tinnitus.