Blog: My Life with Hyperacusis

Discussion in 'Support' started by florian_89, Sep 10, 2018.

1. florian_89
      Bugridden

florian_89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music Speaker got me Hyperacusis, only very slight Tinnitus
      Hello to everyone,

3 years ago I had a acustic accident at my home recording studio, since then I live with pain hyperacusis on my left ear. (n)

I started to document my life since about 2 weeks, so I can people show what it is to deal with this condition.

I also talk about adjustments to my life, how I learned to deal with it.

I hope this blog can help somebody, or at least warn people how dangerous our loud environment is to our sensitive ears.

https://holypainlife.tumblr.com/

upload_2018-9-10_11-58-0.png

Have a good week!

Peace :cool:

• Creative Creative x 3
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      Hey Florian, I've been following your blog since you posted it on hyperacusis.net. Reading every post so keep up the good work. We have very similar hyperacusis symptoms it seems.

Have you seen any improvement in your symptoms?

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      florian_89
      Bugridden

florian_89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hello Red,
      Thank you or should I say I'm sorry to hear that you found my blog and follow it. ;) Anyway thx.
      I feel very alone with my symptoms, I wan to know more about yours.
      I had the idea of making videos of me, when I am having a pain attack. Do you have stuff like that?
      Cheers Florian

4. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      I had mild hyperacusis with pain before but I got better over time without doing much.
      Recently my hyperacusis has gone from 'negligible' to where I am now. I didn't realize what was happening at first but I first noticed that I would always have skin crawling tingling at the back of my head that feels numb. This goes away in silence.

My tinnitus became reactive, basically unmaskable because it just gets louder with sound. I get minor earaches in either ear from sound. These aren't so bothersome. The pain can sometimes run down my neck or into my jaw though.

The worst is that I had atypical facial pain prior to this which had triggers linked to my hands and arms rather than my actual face. Now sound is making my face hurt. Just sound in general even if the sound doesn't hurt my ears or feel uncomfortable.

Right now I'm at work and don't know how I will get by. I've been here two hours and already feel pushed to my limit. I'm at the start of this all and am feeling even more anxious than I already am. Very depressed. Just want to sleep and nap. No appetite.

Struggling with atypical facial pain for 3 years has been a struggle but for the past 5 months I had found happiness finally despite my condition. Now I feel I am flashbacking to when I first got pain and how I had to leave behind so many friends and so many things I loved.

Whenever my chronic pain has flared up in the past I took a break from triggers. So that meant resting my hands for a month or not lifting over a pound for a month. But how does one take a break from sound?

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. vermillion
      Whistles

vermillion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Fluconazole
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      florian_89
      Bugridden

florian_89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Only very minor, hearable in silence.

• Like Like x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      florian_89
      Bugridden

florian_89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sorry to hear that you in this condition, I will reply tomorrow to you, here it's night. Have anyway a good as possible day. Think positive.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      better hope there's a breakthrough in finding a treatment for painful hyperacusis so you can get your life back. I suggest contacting researchers and telling them about your problem and raising awareness as much as possible.