Botox for Migraines Causing a Tinnitus Spike

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lillian, May 20, 2017.

1. Lillian

Lillian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Suspected Dental Work
      I had an Botox injection for migraine and my T has spiked after several days. I have had T since 2004 and it had habituated after several years. Now I am back to loud T. Does anyone have information on this. Please inform.

Never thought this would happen. The doctor of course states " no connection" but I am not so sure. HELP!!

2. Zok

Zok Member

Tinnitus Since:
      not sure, likely 10+years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      don't know maybe loud sounds
      Is it better now?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lillian

Lillian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Suspected Dental Work
      @Zok

Hello the ringing is still there. I am coping.
      Wish the T would settle down. I have read it may take as long as two years or longer☹️
      Being hopeful this will all go away.
      How are you?

4. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Lillian Where did he gave you the shot?? I'm suffering from pressure headaches and neck/shoulder pain and my dr. suggested these injections. I'm looking for information. I hope you are better now.

5. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @OnceUponaTime,

I would urge caution, and also that you do a good amount of "homework" before making a decision on this. There are some support forums online where the discussion is all about what botox did to them. Causing tinnitus is just one possible outcome. Other outcomes are way worse--if you can imagine that.

I've also dealt with pressure headaches and neck/shoulder pain (years), but have gotten about 90% relief from applying DMSO and doing acupuncture--plus a few other things. There are alternative approaches which get at the root of the problem. But they do take time...

All the Best...​

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lillian

Lillian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2004
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Suspected Dental Work
      Hi @ Once Upon a Time
      Sorry for the delay. I received Botox injection March 2017 for Migraines. !4 months post injection and the Tinnitus is terrible. Insomnia/ Anxiety are still present. Hope this goes away. Not sure how to message you privately but hope all goes well. Do not get Botox!!

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      @Lillian So sorry that the injection caused a spike for you. I pray it will settle down. I really do not like the idea of injections in my neck at all. So I will wait on that for a while.

@Lane Thank you for the advice, it's very much appreciated. At the moment, I am doing physical therapy and hoping to get better soon.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1