BSL (British Sign Language) — What Online Course Would You Recommend?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by makeyourownluck, Feb 4, 2022.

1. makeyourownluck
      Magical

makeyourownluck Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello everyone,

I've been pondering learning another language for years, but since I am dyslexic, languages do not come easy. Recently I read that BSL (British Sign Language) is easier for folks like me to learn, and have decided that since I have lost some of my hearing, it might be a good option for the future. However, there seems to be many courses, and both prices, and online reviews, vary substantially. So I'm wondering if anyone has completed a course that they would personally recommend?

Really, I'm just looking for something to pass the time, I'm not bothered if the course is accredited or not, as long as I can learn to communicate clearly. I dropped out of university in my 3rd year, passing up the opportunity to work in my dream job (placement year) due to tinnitus. I don't regret my decision because there is no way I would be able to perform at my best, and I now have other health conditions flaring up that would have made it near impossible, but it doesn't change the fact that I am now insanely bored.

I would like to try get something positive out of this experience. Learning BSL may just be the ticket! Any suggestions?

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      makeyourownluck
      Magical

makeyourownluck Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So, I have enrolled in the John Academy BSL levels 1 & 2 class. You have a 14 day refund period so figured I’d give it a try. I will report back here with my thoughts, just in case anyone else is interested in learning.

• Like Like x 2