Can My Buzzing/Humming/Vibrating Tinnitus Still Stop? I Feel Like I'm Going Crazy

Discussion in 'Support' started by Kriszti, Oct 22, 2019.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yep, it went down. It's hard to tell though, because my tinnitus still fluctuates a lot, but it is definitely quieter than the week after the MRI.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      Good for you. My MRI completely destroyed my hearing.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kriszti

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm really sorry for that. I know, a lot of people here are victims of MRI causing a permanent spike or the tinnitus onset, while others are not so seriously affected. It would be nice if doctors were aware of the risk and don't just shrug it off as a nuisance or overworrying. I'm not planning to go near an MRI anytime soon...

4. Audiophile_bg
      Furious

Audiophile_bg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Olanzapine/MRI
      I knew I shouldn't have gone, my doctor said she wouldn't treat my palatal myoclonus without going to an MRI. So I had to go, but I knew in my gut it would be a disaster.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kriszti

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well, the hum from hell is back since last night. I kind of expected its recurrence, but I'm still very sad. I'm trying to remain calm and hope that it's going away as well.

The characteristics of the sound are a bit different, it's more humming like than the washing-mashing engine type I had in the fall. Again, out of the blue. What I recall, just like last time, I had very minor clogged feeling in the opposite ear. Acting similar. Stops if I talk, if somebody else talks to me, but every pause I hear it again; if I put my finger in the ear, doesn't stop with plugging the ear, ceases when covering my ear tightly. For a little time it also stops if I cover my right ear. Stops when I yawn, swallow or take a deep breath.

Much louder than my bilateral tinnitus's baseline, but it's not as bas as in October.

I just hope that I won't reach the state I was in then...
      Today, I'm trying Clonezapam... Insomnia has been with me since this whole ordeal started, so I hope that I won't be back to step 1.

• Hug Hug x 1
    6. Capstan

Capstan Guest

As we talked, it has really helped me with sleep. I tried to back off, but had to resume as my sleep got bad again. It also helped with some of the anxiety when the tinnitus gets loud. At this point in my life, I find it is a necessary evil. I'm doing better at .5 down from 1 mg. Hope it helps you.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kriszti

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you. I hope so. I only have one tablet which I got from a friend, I wanted to keep it as a last resort, but I remember the first weeks with the low hum, and I don't want that again...

I hope that you will be keeping doing good. So many necessary evils with this condition.

I'm very cautious about benzos, but I don't think that I will be able to do again the first 2-3 weeks of my tinnitus unmedicated even though right now it's not as bad as it used to be.

• Like Like x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kriszti

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Update:
      (Don't worry, I'm not gonna talk about all my days :))

I took half the pill of Clonazepam. It did not make my sleep awesome, but I could sleep some, so I was not up all night as I had feared.

My bilateral tinnitus is unchanged, but the low hum is in remission, barely audible. I'm not happy or overjoyed, because this happened last fall as well, and came back, so we'll see.

9. Otiscabotis

Otiscabotis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos
      It’s an old thread but has it ever gone away? Are you back to normal tinnitus now?

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Kriszti

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Continues the similar pattern. Goes away, comes back. When I wrote the last update in September 2020, I did not know, that this was gonna be the longest bout I ever had with the low hum. It stopped around January 2021 and was in remission again for almost a year. When it comes back it only takes a couple of days to spiral back into utter despair.

11. EternalRinging
      Terrified

EternalRinging Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Just got this kind of tinnitus last week. Exactly as you describe it, a low-pitched hum that goes away when somebody talks (or with certain types of sounds) and gets very loud in silence.

Very disturbing. It appeared out of the blue after having unilateral reactive tinnitus for 4 months :(