Can Shouting Make My Tinnitus Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Apocalypse77, May 26, 2017.

1. Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (go-kart racing)
      I was playing football with my friends today. Three hours ago on TEE 12 I got so into the game that I shouted when i hit the ball. When I shouted, I thought "wow that was quite loud hopefully my T did not get any worse!" I was wearing a jacket and as I screamed it felt like the jacket's collar send noise back to my right ear. I lied to my friends that my mother was calling and went to the side of the court.

I plugged my both ears and I didn't hear anything big change on my T.

After I went home I noticed that my right ear feels blocked and my T has maybe got just a little bit louder. Now I am asking did this ruin my hearing I am feeling so anxious and my legs are shaking???? Can someone please tell me.

Oh I almost forgot to tell that my left ear does not feel blocked. please someone answer I don't know what to do. :(

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi ,
      No permanent damage has been done.
      Inflammation from your jaw shouting can spike tinnitus or the shouting but will calm down again.
      Try relax as anxiety would more likely increase your tinnitus.
      You are allowed to have fun and blood pressure rise while playing can increase tinnitus for a short time.
      You will be fine so don't worry .
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi Glynis you answered my other question already so thank you for that as well, you are my hero. Do you have any idea how long does it take to recover from this thing?

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Spikes can take a few hours or few days.
      Tinnitus can go away but when had it for many months it's more about adapting to your sound.eg.
      Living near a main road and not noticing traffic sounds or ticking clock or sound of a electronic motor on a freezer etc.
      Most people can get on in life quite easy but for some people the slightest sound can be irritating to them.
      Some get tinnitus sever and the emotional reaction to it can be just as hard to deal with.
      I try to think this way-
      I have health issues that I have no control over but I am in total control over what makes me happy so I try fill my life with all that I can do that I like and love to do and don't give the bad stuff the time of day but have to adapt around it when need time recover and rest.
      So to answer your question just push to be happy all the time and try think my ears can do what they want because I carn't care less about them no more and just protect your ears around extra loud sound....
      Love glynis

• Winner x 3
      • Like x 1
      • Agree x 1
      • Hug x 1
      • Informative x 1
      • Friendly x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you. I will follow your tips :). Have a great day!

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My T is prerty loud today is it possible that it will still go away, shouldn't it get lower by rhe time not louder. :(

7. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Glynis has given you excellent advice. I will just add that T is known to be unpredictable and spikes can happen often for no obvious reaction. That is why it induces so much fear and anxiety to the new sufferers. I used to react negatively to this and so every time a spike hit it sank me to another mental blackhole. Nowadays I just take it as part of my being and that is the nature of the beast of T. Of course when you are getting less anxious about T and keep busy, your brain will be distracted and so the intensity and frequency of the spikes will be lower gradually. Try take these spikes as the little bumps on the road towards final habituation and be mentally prepared for it. Try read up the 'Back to Silence' success story by IWLC so you will learn the simple technique he used to deal with the ringing.

https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/back-to-silence.7172/

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you billie48 :). My tinnitus is little lower now but still much louder than it was before this acident. I hope it will end :(.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My friend shouted in my ear today. She was about 5-10cm away from my left ear. She shouted super loud of pain because i stepped on his toe. She shouted for about 2sec and then I plugged my ears. After 4 hours my left ear feels little "full." Should I see a doctor?

Yesterday my brother popped a party cracker near me. It scared the hell out of me. Now i think that the yelling may have realky damaged my hearing and I will get a hearing loss. :(

• Hug Hug x 1
    10. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Jeez, that sucks bro. Just remain calm and take care of yourself. I been in these situations before and they are uncomfortable for sure. I remember being at a birthday party and out of no where, tons of 4 year olds are screaming and screaming and shit..i saw them grab a balloon and they were trying to pop it. I covered my ears quick and ran to the other room...It was very scary for me.

Avoid being near loud people and environments. Screw what people might think, protect your ears and be safe..

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. TuneOut

TuneOut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Worsened 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      AMEN

• Like Like x 2
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thank you guys.
      My T is louder than it used to be i hope this spike will end.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Do you know how maby desibels it is when someone shouts 5-10 cm away from your ear?

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apocalypse77
      Loved

Apocalypse77 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/8/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I put my hand over my ear while my friend wad talking with a raised voice (about 85db). Suddenly i felt pain in my ear because my hand had made a path to the noise to go staright to my ear. So do you know how mant dbs this would be?