Can Sleeping in Quiet Room Exacerbate Hyperacusis Within One Night?

Discussion in 'Support' started by CDNThailand, Dec 9, 2016.

1. CDNThailand

CDNThailand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MP3, Stress, TMJ
      I'm doing some testing with my H to manage it.

I have noticed that if I sleep without masking, (only very quiet fan), when I wake up every small sounds are very loud, light switch etc...super sensitive.

So what I did last night is sleep with rain noise all night, but not that loud, but louder than the night before.

In the morning, my H seemed better.

Can H change daily depending on how you manage it? Does sleeping in room to quiet make it louder the next day?

Thanks

2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      @CDNThailand If you have tinnitus and hyperacusis (sensitivity to sound) it is not good to sleep in a quiet room. You should be using a "sound machine" for sound enrichment and place that by your bedside at night. Set the level of the sound machine slightly below your tinnitus, it shouldn't be covering up or masking your tinnitus. I have writen a post called: Tinnitus, A Personal View. It is in the forum. Click on my profile picture and choose "strarted threads" and it is at the top of the list.
      Best of luck
      Michael

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. BettyHasHope

BettyHasHope Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ruptured eardrum
      @CDNThailand hey I used to have hypercausis, I listened to pink noise on my lunch break and at home whenever I could and it went away. I think I did it for 3 weeks. I listened to it on a normal level maybe more on the lower side but it did help.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      CDNThailand

CDNThailand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MP3, Stress, TMJ
      What pink noise did you use? What file?