Can Tinnitus Be Cured Without Medications and Supplements?

Discussion in 'Support' started by trocobob, Apr 4, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. trocobob

      trocobob Member

      Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      Hi

      The last visits to the doctor has made me psychopatic about T.
      I was getting better during the last 2 months. However the doctor told me that time cant heal it alone .
      He prescribed me some light drugs and supplements which i dont want to take.
      But my mind is now thinking always about it
      .. (i mean the prescribed medecins).
      Even my T goes from 2/10 to 6/10 .

      Can I leave T to time onlyto heal?
      Any experience about it ?

      Thanks
       
    2. Bobby B
      Fine

      Bobby B Member Benefactor

      Tinnitus Since:
      11/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      long term NIHL and recent acoustic trauma
      depends on what is causing it in the first place
       
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. Sarah Russett

      Sarah Russett Member

      Tinnitus Since:
      unknown
      Tinnitus can't really be cured at all. Sometimes it goes away with time.
       
      • Agree Agree x 2
    4. Poyraz

      Poyraz Member

      Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      What about idiopathic ones?
       
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. baz 22
      Alone

      baz 22 Member

      Tinnitus Since:
      01/2016
      I dont think supplements really do anything, if you are eating right and out in the sun a bit, u should get all the supplements you need.

      But i do take 5-htp to help with my mood.
       
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. bill 112
      Studious

      bill 112 Member

      Location:
      Republic Of Ireland
      Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Speaking from experience yes Tinnitus can disappear on its own completely,I was one of those lucky few to experience"spontaneous remission"as they like to call it.But it seems your not immune to having return,as a noisy night out with earplugs brought back my T:(
       
    7. Sarah Russett

      Sarah Russett Member

      Tinnitus Since:
      unknown
      @bill 112 12how long did you have T the first time? from noise exposurea s well?
       
    8. trocobob

      trocobob Member

      Tinnitus Since:
      10/1/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe stress ?
      I had ti
      How long it took you, to have T compeletly gone in the first time ?
       
    9. bill 112
      Studious

      bill 112 Member

      Location:
      Republic Of Ireland
      Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Mine just started out of the blue for no apparent or immediate reason,developed a fullness in my left ear that spread to my right ear a few days later as well as cracking and popping sounds in my ears when I swallowed,ENTs could find nothing wrong and I had no noise exposures so it was diagnosed as idiopathic i.e of unknown cause.Eventually after a week of useing safe ear drops puss started coming out of my ears and I rushed back to the hospital where a fungal infection was diagnosed,whether this started because of the ear drops or was the real cause I don't know but an anti fungal cream was put in my ear and I was put on anti biotics.My fullness disappeared and my T reduced by 80% after treatment.7 months later and the remaining 20% completely disappeared.
       
      • Like Like x 1

Share This Page

Loading...
If you have ringing ears then you've come to the right place. We are a friendly tinnitus support board, dedicated to helping you discuss and understand what tinnitus treatments may work for you.