Can Vitamin D Make Tinnitus Worse?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Leah, Sep 8, 2013.

1. TuneOut

TuneOut Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Worsened 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Concert
      Interesting theory. A lot of people take a ton of extra calcium, way more than is possibly without drinking the milk of cows. Calcium-fortified everything.

2. foam

foam Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Urgh, I was taking a LOT of vitamin D just before I developed Tinnitus.. Probably took an average of 10,000 iu a day for a couple months

3. hans01
      Artistic

hans01 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress, hearing loss, sinus infections, ... ?
      It's really hard to know exactly what causes T, I have several T's and it got a little worse more then a week ago while it was getting progressively better right before. I also started taking vit D3 for winter hours recently, so may be related to this or the Magnesium I took at the same time (with Mag Taurate in it), but honestly I suspect that it was more stress related then vit D as I had tons of work and family stress the last months. As my D levels are pretty low, and to avoid other health issues I've read that you need quite a lot of Vit D3 (or sun) over long periods to get it in the right range and that Vit D can make your anxiety worse which can in return can make your T worse, so it's pretty complex and I have also read that low vit D can actually give you T so ...

You best take Vit D in the morning with some fat at breakfast (and always take Vit K2M7 with it!!!!) I also read that both vitamin D and Melatonin are essential mediators of the effect of sunlight in health so they somewhat compete with each other. So maybe Vit D messes with your natural melationin production.
      I take Vit D in the morning (5000 IU) together with Vit K2 and 1-2Mg of Melatonin in the evening and one other 1mg at night if I can't get back to sleep and so far this has been the best combo to feel "good & fresh" in the morning and lower my anxiety together with Vitamine C (pure ascorbic acid) during the day to lower cortisol and to resists better to stress.

For some reason Magnesium also messes up things in my body, I can feel good with it a few days and then it makes me feel terrible. The last MagEnhance I took did definitely something bad to my T so go figure ... It has all to do with good balance which is difficult to obtain.