Can Wi-Fi Worsen Existing Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thongjy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Singularitarian
      Insomnious

Singularitarian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2015
      It's odd because I did not hear the high frequency tone until after I had my dental implants, and now it's almost persistently there unless I sleep for a solid 8-10 hours. It's hard for me to determine whether it was the drilling that caused the initial damage, or the implants are somehow amplifying/picking up the sound like an antenna. If I put enough distance between myself and the laptop, about a meter, I can hear the humming of the fan and it almost nullifies the high-pitched tone. 1/2 a meter away and it's almost intolerable. If my ear canal has sustained structural damage, I don't think my tinnitus will ever go away.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Anymore experience? So guys do you think I should request to change my seats?

3. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      If you don't change your seat, I have a feeling you will forever be wondering if it would make a difference.

So if it's not too much trouble, maybe you should change just in case.

As you know, one's trigger is another's relief - so it goes with tinnitus. It's impossible for any of us to determine whether you'll be affected or not, were it chocolate, caffeine, wifi, salt, exercise, anything really.

With that said, generally I am of the opinion that the more you try to determine what affects your tinnitus, the more attention you start paying to it and thus totally innocent things may start to seem like "triggers".... when in reality they may not be.

As long as you do that, tinnitus is driving the bus, not you. Paraphrasing @Dr. Nagler I believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      Noise can make your T worse (perhaps the wifi device or another device in close proximity is making a noise that is getting your T. Giving constant attention to your T, or attention things you think are related to or affecting your T, will most certainly affect your T.

5. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...

Sound wave, you seem very certain that Wi-Fi cannot cause or worsen T. Where do you get your absolute certainty from? If it worsens it for 1% of people then it is a fact that it can worsen it. I use a 'Memon' which is a protective device. I keep it in my pocket all the time and if I don't have it with me and I go near a microwave, cordless phone (lethal), phone mast, baby monitor, (blasting microwaves into the baby's brain) or a lap top then I am aware of an increase in tinnitus. I am absolutely certain that it happens to me so thank you for letting me know I am the only person in the whole world who has this sensitivity. Or could it be that you do not know the answer to something that scientists are still looking into? Do a google on dangers of EMFs, especially the scientific based ones and stop being such a dogmatic prat! .

6. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      I don't question your subjective reaction to Wifi and increased T. It is similar to many audiophiles who claim they hear differences in sound, when they for example lift their cables from the floor, or replace a standard $1 ethernet cable with a $1000 ethernet cable. If you believe something is causing / worsening your T, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. TonyH

TonyH Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      People are all different and have different sensitivities.
      My T is from nerve/neck strain, my ears are fine.
      My main computer is right next to my router and another computer only a couple of feet away is taking the WiFi.
      If i stay on this PC for more than a few minutes my T definitely seems louder.
      I use another computer in another room now in preference and turn off the WiFi when not using it.
      I have no idea if there is ant scientific evidence for this but it makes a difference to how i feel.

If you are sitting very close to the router the intensity of the EM/Radio waves will be hugely greater than if you sit a few yards away? So move your place now!
      I also notice that sitting still for any length of time makes my T seem worse, possibly as its a neck problem for me?
      You might try just moving around a bit every so often or do a gentle neck exercise ?

Sound Wave is saying its what you believe that makes the difference, so either way do what you feel is best for you and you will feel better anyway!

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Please share your experiences.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Did the 'Memon' that you mentioned make a differencewhen you are near EM sources?

10. Shambles

Shambles Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2012
      I have definetely been impacted by cross frequencies and radioactive interferences. High volumes of sensory impacting general radio waves have entered my cerebral matter and set off a catastrophic chain of nueron destabilisation activity.

11. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      Yes. I use a car B memon so I'm protected when driving and have a 'shield' of protection round me all the time because I keep it in my pocket.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      What about Earthcalm? Is it effective as well?

13. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      I don't know. There are lots of products on the market; may be it's worth looking at some independent reviews. I chose the Memon because it had a very good write up.

14. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      Yes. Getting rid of the microwave and the cordless phones had the biggest impact I think.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Comparing microwave and cordless phones with Wifi and cellphone, you can arrange according to worst to better?

By the way are DECT type of cordless phones equally bad or you referring to DECT kind of cordless phones?

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      By the way why are there RF radiation during driving? Where does the radiation comes from?

17. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      i just skimmed through all post.[ this is a long and interesting topic]
      i will cut short all the blah blah things and come to the point.

a- Only thing that could protect you from RF radiation is a copper mesh, which shld be grounded. [you have build urself a big cage or armor like olden days made of copper and make sure it is grounded to earth]
      b- Partially speaking we are always surrounded by some sort of RF radiation all the time, no way to avoid it.

Simple effective way to reduce radiation side effect is to ground your self. Yes literally ground yourself to earth. you can do this by walking/grounding (wet) bare foot on grass or mud or sand every for few hrs. this is knows to have very good effect on humans. if you can afford you buy earthing pad and blankets which u can use in ur office and home. If ever heard of anti-static mat ? similar effect to that one.

edit: added images:

natural way:
      Barefoot-walking.jpg

modern way:
      earthingmatpad.jpg

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Does taking off my socks and shoes and stepping on my office carpet ground me?

Does product like Earthcalm Nova work? You tried those?

Do you experience EMF affecting your T intensity?

19. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      no [carpets are not conductors ]
      no [vibration is not conduction ] and no [nope never bothered with these stuff]
      and no

EMF signals is produced by all thing that are electrical, electronics in particular uses them most in deeper level.
      At any given time you are surrounded by FM,AM, mobile signals, and what not artificial signals.

grounding is grounding you have to have connection with the earth directly or via conductor. if you are keen in those stuff can google for earthing or grounding pads/blankets [you can order them online]. My recommendation would be that you go for walk or have nice relaxing evening or morning with barefoot in the park, regularly [without shoes or slippers or anything covering your feet], it cost nothing other than good soap to clean your feet after you go for a walk.

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      From what I understand about Earthcalm Nova pendant stuff, they also work on the principle of grounding as well, so does it mean it is effective and not a scam? Reason for asking is I intend to buy one and its not cheap. You seems profound so will need your perspective on this.

21. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      @Thongjy i have no comments for earthcalm nova. i am skeptical when it comes to such things.
      logically speaking, you wear shoe all day, walk in the house with designer tiles which is coated with epoxy or resin. wearing a small pendent on the neck is not gonna make any difference. you can wear gold/silver/platinum chain or ring or bracelets, they shld have similar effect.

As i mentioned before this thing is a huge and interesting concept. can discuss for pages.
      This link will help u understand better.

There is nothing wrong in linking back to mother earth.
      Will it help your T, aham.. dono, it probably will not help the T.

22. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      Don't know. I was told by my field control therapy practitioner that cordless phones emit constant microwaves from the base unit to all other phone units in the house. We use corded wi fi for same reason.

23. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...

24. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      I had absolutely loads of drilling having over a dozen mercury fillings removed and 2 metal posts from implants. The drilling did not make my tinnitus worse but having the poison removed made it better. Have you looked at the 'Smoking tooth' video on youtube?

25. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      I agree with your post; some people are affected and need to take steps to minimize their exposure and other people could work in a nuclear factory and not be affected.

A friend of mine suffered a painful, burning left calf for about 9 months and could not find a reason for it. When she wasn't at work it got better and was told by the doctor it was probably stress (!) or psychosomatic. She discovered that the wireless router was under the counter where she worked in reception; very close to her left leg. When it was moved she was OK. Go figure hey!

26. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      There is a magnetic field in all cars because of the battery and a circuit of EMF around you because of wires going to the lights at the back and heated rear screen etc. If I was paid £10,000,000 I would not use an electric car. Does any one on this forum live in Germany? apparently they are much more advanced in their awareness than we are and school children are not allowed more than a certain length of time on computers etc. Good for them. Hope we catch up some day soon.

27. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      I agree that earthing is a brilliant idea but look at the memon site because I can't be bothered to explain how it works; all I can say is that I know it makes a difference to me. People who use those wires that go from the car to the ground are improving the EMF problem for themselves too. Earthing mats are good but you can't stay on one all the time as the memon can be carried with you all day.

28. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      Sweden is most polluted country in World by RF. Does swedes suffer progressively of tinnitus?

I know that there was some controversial Motorola tests about tinnitus that found that radio waves course tinnitus, and Motorola wanted to produce something for treatment of tinnitus, but report was then deeply covered as companies would lose money. Dont hold me for a word i just say as i remember, dont know where i read it but all was covered up a lot because of huge side effects of RF. (could be speculation?!?)

29. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      my pov on memon/earthclam nova or what ever, does not make sense to me and no you dont need to be grounded 24/7.

I will jst stick to my previous suggestions, go for walk or sit and relax on ground barefoot Evey now and then or when ever possible, like our forefathers did.
      Next pratical solution is grounding/earthing mat, or ceramic or marble/cement floors.

30. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      Apologies for being off topic, I just wanted to ask @Beth to expand a bit on her experience here. I have been thinking about and putting off for months getting my mercury fillings removed - mainly because of other health problems that may be connected. Beth, can you say for sure that you T improved after getting the mercury out? How much improvement and how long did it take? I'm hungry for any info you can share about your experience. Thanks. :)