Can Wi-Fi Worsen Existing Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Thongjy, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      Do not have your fillings removed because you think it will improve your tinnitus. May be a strange thing to say but you would just start focusing on the tinnitus to see if it was 'better' and therefore you would hear it more. IF like me, you've got tinnitus because of high levels of anxiety, then you are just hearing the perfectly normal sounds within your nervous system, blood flow, muscle clicking etc....in other words, the perfectly normal safe and healthy sounds that your body makes but because you are living in the 'fight or flight' mode you hear them MUCH louder. So, those sounds (music of the brain) cannot stop until you are brain dead because they have absolutely always been there, you just weren't aware until you started to hear them for whatever reason. Because you've lived life without being aware of them in the past, you can do that again.

To explain a bit more; mercury affects many areas of the body, especially kidneys, liver and brain and can be especially noticable when it affects the limbic area which is responsible for our reaction to tinnitus and can, as in my case, affect the acoustic nerve. When I had all my fillings removed (very safely by a holistic dentist) I didn't notice any difference till a few months later when I'd been taking homeopathic remedies to get rid of all the mercury build up. The tinnitus was not much different BUT I was a lot less anxious about it and that was the beginning of my recovery. I could tell myself I was just hearing normal safe internal sounds and actually started to believe it.

I had been totally disabled with the condition for quite a few years and suicidal on several occassions and NEVER believed I could live with the level of noise I had and thought that other people who had very loud tinnitus could not have had it as loud as mine. I cannot honestly say that I know absolutely that having the mercury removed had a direct effect because I may have improved over time but I certainly felt a lot better in myself and much more able to cope with the noise. I can't even say if it's as loud as it was because I don't really want to study the sound. It's there now as I'm typing this but I know it will be 'gone' in a minute when I go and make a coffee. My overall health probably improved quite a bit so I was much better able to cope with any stresses, and tinnitus is the biggest ever stress!

If you are open minded about alternative health, I suggest that before paying out to have your fillings removed, you see a kinesiologist as he/she will tell you if you are being affected by your fillings. My husband was checked and he is fine, his body deals with it but my immune system was in a state because of them. Another way of checking is to see (or just phone for a discussion about fillings) a FCT practitioner. (Field control therapy) They do not much else apart from treat people for mercury poisoning and I am sure they'd be happy to give you info.

Sorry it's such a long post and hope it helps. Please don't hesitate to ask me more if I've missed somthing out. Kind thoughts, Beth.

2. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      @Beth thanks very much for all that useful info. My T is mainly noise induced (some ototoxicity also in the mix). I wonder whether something like mercury might also be part of the picture. The reason I'm thinking of having the mercury out is mainly because of other autoimmune issues (arthritis and psoriasis). But if there was any possibility it might make my T a bit quieter then I think I'd be banging on their door first thing tomorrow morning. :)

Glad to hear things are generally on the up for you. I've been taking chlorella for about a month and do feel a little brighter on that. Not sure if that is related to its effect on mercury or just a general health boost.

3. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      dboy, One of the problems that the vast majority of people with mercury fillings have is that they have a candida problem in the gut. Candida lives off mercury and candida also causes a leaky gut and leaky gut syndrome is one of the main causes of psoriasis. PLEASE look at a candida forum or do a google on candida die off/ mercury. You may be surprized at what you find. It is all linked. I had psoriasis for 30 years and used steroids but it only ever controlled it for short periods. After getting rid of the mercury and being on a candida diet for several months I am now psoriasis free. If you don't do anything else, please look at the link between mercury, candida and psoriasis. Beth.

• Like Like x 1
    4. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      @Beth I am interested in that link you describe. I've had John Pagano's book on psoriasis and leaky gut for a while, but not implemented his protocol in full. Had some limited results adopting some of his measures. Currently reading Alison Adams' book on chronic fatigue syndrome and mercury.

It is really exciting to hear that you had such great success with your psoriasis! I am greatly encouraged as I'm aware of the theoretical connections but not read many actual success stories. Thanks so much.

5. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      I think the problem that most people have is that they follow the diet, may be even get rid of the fillings but do not do anything to get rid of the mercury that has been building up in the organs, hence my suggestion to read up on FCT therapy. Candida is extremely persistent and very difficult to get rid of. I'd tried the Pagano diet and anti-candida diets but with little result. It was only when I got rid of the lingering mercury and got the candida down to a 'normal' level, that I had great results. As I said, it will not cure the tinnitus but it may help you get to the stage where you couldn't care less about it, which to me is as good as a cure. ME is certainly linked with mercury poisoning as is Parkinson's Alzheimer's and MS. As you know, psoriasis is an autoimmune problem as is arthritis so I'm sure there's a connection for you too.
      Why we still put the second deadliest poison known to man in our mouths I do not know!!

• Like Like x 1
    6. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      field control therapy is quackery. waste of money

you only need to read this page (any sane person will understand it is quackery)
      http://www.fctworld.com/what-fct.html

diseases this FCT addresses
      http://www.yurkovsky.com/what-is-fct®/diseases-addressed/

gullible people taken advantage of... horrible!

7. dboy
      Jaded

dboy Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2007 & 8/2013
      Hey @Stink if Beth has managed to remove her psoriasis then that is quite impressive. I'm not expressing an opinion about FCT one way or another, but making psoriasis go away for more than a short time is something all the efforts of conventional medicine cannot manage. Pretty awesome achievement in my book. :)

8. Beth
      Inspired

Beth Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      quite a while...
      People used to be killed for believing the world was round and not flat. I wonder if your type of personality matches the flat world thinkers or the people who did the killing. I've a good idea which one.

9. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      you can support quackery all you want. i mean no harm to you as a person. my point was more people should be conscious of pseudo science-you are probably one of those poeple who believe in homeopathy??

please watch this to educate you

James Randi: Homeopathy, quackery and fraud

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Hi everyone back to wifi and emf from cellular base stations any experience?

11. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think the best thing you can do is take a little vacation somewhere way out in the boonies where you don't even get a cell signal, and see if it makes any difference?

I'm nutty enough that I've actually done this several times, and in general it does seem to have a pretty significant impact on my ringing -- but two things keep me from going too hog wild with that idea and building a faraday cage around my bed (though I did try once):
      * it's not 100%. Like, probably 75% of the times I've done this, I've seen a significant improvement in volume/distress levels within ~24-48 hours... but if it was really the case that "EMFs make my ears ring", I'd expect that to be 100%
      * I grew up with forests around me. I feel better with forests around me. Getting away from background radio pollution generally means getting out of the city and into a more natural environment, this has an immediate psychological effect of making me relax, and I cannot discount the idea that my ringing gets better because my stress is going down.

That said, anyone who tells you that usual EMF levels from cell networks, radios, etc, do not have biological effects is misinformed. Earlier in this thread I posted a bunch of studies that showed various metabolic effects from usual EMF levels. These are not isolated reports. However, what that really means, and how much it has to do with tinnitus, is a huge questionmark.

Additionally, even if I was totally convinced that "city = more tinnitus, country = less tinnitus"... there are a whole ton of non-EMF pollution issues in cities that you get away from out in the sticks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Anyone find that your T increases when you are near Wifi routers or in the area where there are cellular base station transmitters?

Let's share. Thanks.

13. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      You've got another thread going about this here: https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/can-wi-fi-worsen-existing-tinnitus.8041/

Something you could do, is go into a deep basement or cellar, and bring a cellphone and router with you. Have someone turn them on or off, without telling you when they are on, or off. You would probably want to wear earplugs (to avoid any chance of hearing the actual sounds).

My gut feeling is that you're not going to be able to tell when they are on or off based on your tinnitus perception, but if you find that you are able to, congratulations, you have super-powers.

Many of these devices produce actual sounds in the high frequency ranges. When my T is bothering me, I become very tuned in to sounds in that range, so I am abnormally annoyed by these sounds. But, that's not the same thing at all as having a conscious perception of radio noise.

There is a subset of the population who believe that they are unusually sensitive to electromagnetic fields, in some cases claiming that they get tinnitus and other more severe problems if they are exposed to such equipment.

I personally believe that there may well be metabolic effects from usual EMF exposure, because there's a growing body of evidence to suggest these fields do cause detectable changes in cell samples in vitro, but I am not at all convinced that this necessarily has anything to do with tinnitus.

When my T is most bothersome, I have been known to retreat to wooded rural landscapes for a period of days or weeks. In general this does have a notable, sometimes significant, effect on my T, but I am very careful to not read too much meaning into that.

14. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      But for cellular base stations 200m away I dont think hearing those frequency sounds are possible right?

To be frank, I can accept the T that I am having and I will be happy and habituate easily but the thought of always being bombarded by EMF in my home by those panel type of cellular transmitter makes me keep thinking of my T and always think it is getting worst when I get near the windows or rooms facing the transmitter. Please help! Did it really affect my T or it is something else?

15. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'd say that depends on if they are generating sounds that can be heard 600 ft away...

16. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Thongjy
      Balanced

Thongjy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Just to check with experts here are our hair cells work more or less via electrical impulses or stimulated by electricity? I remember reading somewhere that our inner hair cells have some connection with electrical impulses or something. So imagine lets say my outer hair cells is dead (just a guess) that would mean the inner hair cells are exposed to external electrical stimulation?

Anyone can correct my explanation?

17. Juan Carlos
      Whistles

Juan Carlos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      hello! these days im painting my bedroom to be converted to a faraday cage. i was now reading this forum http://www.mast-victims.org/forum/index.php?action=vthread&forum=1&topic=5157#msg220760
      i read this text
      its intereseting if its true

18. Juan Carlos
      Whistles

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
    19. monacco

monacco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29/09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      anknown
      hi @Juan Carlos

mine also started three month after I moved to my new house wich is only 50 m from a mobile antenna
      the question we have to ask today is
      Can electromagnetic waves cause T ?any one experienced this ?

20. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      There's infuriatingly no real evidence or data that any of this stuff is true.

Before you spend a ton of money on special paint, try going for a week or two way out in nature, and see what happens.

I have suspected emf sensitivity on my own tinnitus, but spending days out off the grid makes no difference, so...

21. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      And, even if you live 100' from a cell tower, the amount of emf that exposes you to is a lot less than what you get from being near your own cell phone or microwave...

22. Juan Carlos
      Whistles

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2014
      Well it will be more expensive the holidays itself than the painting, wich i already bought and was just 250 euro, plus some more for cover it because its black. You are probably right but i almost lose nothing doing it
      i could never spend so long time in the nature as my holidays i spent traveling in diferent countris

i was living in my old flat like 2-4 days and it was bit lower but maybe because the feeling of "home" and didn't have to work, to well actually i will never know, but just in case im painting it as not much money or work for me.
      You are probably right, but EM waves are never good, and regardless of the Tinnitus is always good to minimize them. Some people have high sensibility to it and their live is a hell

23. Sound Wave
      Curious

Sound Wave Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably headphones
      It's sad to see these kinds of threads continue on bogus topics. However, I do understand the desperate need to try to find the cause to one's T. I did it myself in the onset of my T.