Can You Feel Your Tinnitus Too?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Poyraz, May 24, 2016.

1. Cityjohn
      Inspired

Cityjohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5:10 PM 03/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scombroid food poisoning.
      Wow, this is a good thread.

I didn't think anyone here had weird sensations in their head. I attribute my tinnitus to some serious poisoning and I do have a constant, everlasting headache, but I didn't connect the two necessarily.

Signals in the trigeminal nervous system can cause you to feel pain in your head. Sadly this trigeminal nerve runs exactly next to the ear. Activation of this system will cause the tensor tympani muscle to contract, which may explain the ear fullness associated with tinnitus.

Mine kinda feels a little like someone is pressing on my brain and sticking something up my ears.

2. click
      Blah

click Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/04/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      Yes, I can feel my T. The sensations are sometimes worse than the noise itself.

If I have a whole day of T, the next day it feels as though someone is pushing down on my head - even if the T has gone away.

I also get intermittent pain in the ears - like a poker being pushed in.

• Like Like x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      Hi John
      Great information. Then can I call my weird ear fluttering is related to this nerve(or system)? I do know many people have this flutterinf thing and I always wonder why it is so common in T sufferers.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. Song interpreter
      Creative

Song interpreter Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too much noise
      Sometimes when it gets really loud, it's like when a mic gets feedback and everyone covers their ears. Like BOOOOOO. It stuns me. I have to stop what I'm doing, same as you do with that loud mic feedback. It usually only last a few seconds. Weird. Sometimes when it comes, the world starts spinning.

It's time for me to get off the forum for today. The more I think about the ringing, the louder it gets.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. mandi
      Wishful

mandi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      @Karen Have there been any conferences in the US for tinnitus/hyperacusis sufferers, just offering speakers, education, support? See some run by doctors, but it seems agreed they have their own pace. To get attention to our issues and speed up science, might be good to get the media to tell our story and needs as told at large conferences and gatherings?

6. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      Feeling it is 95% of my symptoms. Electric forehead with a faint buzz sound. Its not loud at all after the first 2 weeks the vast majority of the time.

It really sucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Lovetotravel76
      Inspired

Lovetotravel76 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown at this point.
      Hi everyone. I know this thread is older but I wanted to say that I can feel my tinnitus as well. A fullness feeling as well as a constant shrill go through my ears constantly. I can no longer enjoy the peace and quiet I used to take for granted. I try to he positive but sometimes I can't.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      Yes, most definitely , I call this brain T , without it , I would not mind the noises at all .
      Could not care less.

• Like Like x 1
    9. BLane
      Dreaming

BLane Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Yep. 75% of the time it works its way from my ears into my brain and is vibratory, it's much, much worse than the ringing in the ears. It used to 'sputter' too, but hasn't done that for months. I've noticed lately that things that emit vibration can cause it to spike as much as (or maybe more) than sound alone does. But the worst is when someone says "Yeah, I get ringing in my ears sometimes too."

10. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I used to enjoy the sound of burgers sizzling on a grill ...

11. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      Yes I can feel it, chirping, pinging it's more annoying than the hissing, ringing.