Candida, Neck Pain, Clenching, Occipital Neuralgia — Connected to My Tinnitus?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Rorilynn, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Rorilynn

Rorilynn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clenching/Neck Issues/Occipital Neuralgia maybe caused it???
      Hi, I'm Rori and I have had tinnitus for approx 2 1/2 years. I have it in both ears constantly. I hear it mostly when I am in bed, but in the last week, I have been hearing it during the day when the house is quiet. I get pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear in the summer months. I don't know why??? I'm thinking it might be allergy-related.

My tinnitus started when I started to have severe neck issues and noticed my clenching had gotten worse. I started to go to Physical Therapy for my neck, the Physical therapy helped my neck issues, but not my tinnitus.

I was referred to an ENT doctor and he checked my hearing as well as took an image of my sinuses. He saw no issues. He referred me to an allergist who tested me for outside allergies. She said I had Candida. I still deal with neck pain, clenching. I was diagnosed with occipital neuralgia.

I am pretty sure my tinnitus is from these issues.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      I am not sure about the other issues but neck muscle or nerve problems have been a known cause of tinnitus. Pulsatile tinnitus can be related to blood pressure or circulatory issue. Perhaps have a doctor check out blood pressure. About the neck issues causing tinnitus, some individuals can get relief from massage therapy or chiropractic therapy specialized on neck related tinnitus. Some individuals can also get relief from TENS treatment (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation). Hope your condition will improve when the neck issue or blood pressure issue is taken care of. Good luck. God bless.

• Like Like x 1
    3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Hi @Rorilynn -- People often develop severe neck issues from Lyme Disease, which is also well known to cause tinnitus. Any chance you could have gotten exposed to L.D. prior to your own neck issues and tinnitus?