Chit Chat and All That...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Jcb, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      head trama caused TMJ/neck problems/ETD
      Yep. I just do Hulu and have friends who let me "borrow" their accounts. Though the internet speed out hear can make them unusable.

Oh, I forgot about that. Shame on them! Oh, well.

2. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      You guys watch a lot of tv and films.

I watch next to nothing except for some cartoons with the kids. I used to go to the cinema, but watching US and UK films in Russian isn't the same, and anyways, now I have tinnitus I can't see me going to the cinema ever again.

I did used to watch a lot of documentaries online though.

3. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yeah. Yeah I do. I might have a problem!!! :ROFL::cautious:

• Funny Funny x 4
      • Agree Agree x 1
    4. OnceUponaTime
      Wishful

OnceUponaTime Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/11
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      But just a "little" one...lol :LOL:

• Funny Funny x 3
    5. aot
      Depressed

aot Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise induced, worsened due to noise exposur + flu
      Any of you guys play video games? (Aside from @Shera, I mean. :p)

I've been playing a lot of Control lately. The bad guys, The Hiss, are kinda like tinnitus personified.

7d9b426.gif

• Like Like x 2
    6. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @aot Ha-ha. I actually mainly play older stuff. :oops: Savvy gamer I am not anymore.

• Like Like x 2
    7. aot
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      That's okay, Shera! What was your first system? PlayStation 2, here.

• Like Like x 2
    8. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Super Nintendo!:rockingbanana: Still have my original one and it's still my most played system. :) I did cave and by and extra one like 10 years ago, my copy of Donkey Kong 3 wipes itself when ejected.

• Like Like x 1
    9. aot
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Old school, nice. I think the oldest one I've played is a Nintendo 64. An old friend had one, and I played a little. Couldn't get a good handle on the controller.:oops:

But I've been on team PlayStation since the PS2.

• Like Like x 3
    10. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ooo, I get you on the Nintendo 64 controller it can be tough. I still have my original of that as well. My fave games are Donkey Kong, but Mario Kart is everything on it!!!!

Ah, PS2 is my only playstation and I only kept it because my Harry Potter games and Lord of the Rings games. I've got a few others, but . . . they're unremarkable.

• Like Like x 2
    11. aot
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      EYJWXubWoAA3dXh.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
    12. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Agree Agree x 1
    13. Bob90
      Busy

Bob90 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Overexposure to loud music
      @Shera I remember all the buzz around Inuyasha getting wrapped up in The Final Act. That was all because the manga artist wanted to do her I think 6th manga series and the publishers were like "Only if you finish either Inuyasha or Ranma 1/2" and she chose Inuyasha. As a fan of Ranma (as of a year ago) who is making their way through the manga...I wish she had chosen Ranma :arghh: lol. Have you see the Ranma anime or read the manga?

Oh man, while I have enjoyed a number of anime there are so many classics I never got into, and literally each one you mentioned I haven't seen outside of an episode or two :whistle: What was the anime that got you into anime?

Oh nice. Got that dank community cred. For about a year in '11 or '12 I think, me and a guy friend of mine were both closet Bronies and his sister was a closet Pegasister lol. These days we'd be more open about it. For example, I like Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir and I wouldn't deny it if someone found out cause hey, we live once so why not enjoy what we enjoy?

Thanks!

Yeah I have mixed feeling about corporate buy outs like that. I guess you could argue the smaller company was going to fall at some point anyway, but it can feel like they were taken away or they become the Lite version of the parent company. We have a couple Dollar Trees near me, so if I can find an excuse to go to one I'll see if they have anything I want.

I hope they pull through this. Wonder if they could have done something like a mailer saying "During this time of staying home, here is some great reading material you can order for delivery" or something. Maybe pick up new customers in the process.

• Like Like x 1
    14. Bob90
      Busy

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @aot @Shera My first game system was the OG playstation. Twisted Metal and Crash Bandicoot were what I mostly played. Oddly enough I got Gamecube before the N64 (which I got, for all things, Pokemon Stadium lol). The Cube is probably still my favorite system to this day. That would /maybe/ change if I got myself a Switch. Most of my gaming is on PC now.

As for Control, I watched a friend play that last year and I can def agree that the hiss are reminiscent of tinnitus but the part of the game that got to me most viscerally is the kaleidoscopic aura visual because I get migraines with migraine aura so every time I saw that I was like "Great, now I'm thinking about migraines," lol.

Lol at the comic. Her stuff is great. The thing about the "Murder Hornets" is that they are not a dangerous as the media made them out to be and are not yet a real threat in the US, but I will say this: according to the man who let himself get stung by dozens of insects, it is the second most painful sting he ever experienced.

STUNG by a GIANT HORNET!

• Like Like x 1
    15. aot
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ah, Crash Bandicoot was the best! I oughtta pick up the remaster someday.
      Are you refering to The Hiss or Polaris? Because migraines with aura seem to match The Hiss pretty well also. But I wouldn't know, thank god.

There's a part in the game where Director Trench talks about the Phone Altered Item. How he hears the phone ringing in his head all the time, sometimes having to strain in order to hear anything over it. Serious tinnitus Vibes.

Makes me wonder if any of the writers has a history with tinnitus.

16. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Bob90 Huh, I think I kind of new that.o_O I'm actually very happy she finished up Inuyasha! It's one of the few anime fillers that are actually good and I liked that by wrapping it up we could get the Final Act anime.:rockingbanana: Cause I don't read her manga. Once upon a time I owned Ramna 1/2 on DVD. Upon finishing them I promptly sold them on Ebay and only kept one movie. :dunno:Because the movie summed up the entire series for me. Anime wise.

To each their own anime experience!(y) (Silently judging you. :meh: JK.) I'm not 100% sure. I know I had watched a few off and on when I was super little. But when I finally realized that what I was watching was anime was right after Princess Mononoke and I wanted to watch more like this. (Man I was so young! The arms flying off and violence was a bit intense being that little.) Soon I watched Castle in the Sky and I fell down the well.:oldman: I think my first boxsets were Fruits Basket, Scrapped Princess, El Hazard, Slayers, Ranma, and R.O.D. Luckily at that time my sister's roommates were anime fans, tuned her in, and then my sister taped some Inuyasha and Witch Hunter Robin for me. :popcorndrink:

I got into MLP after the movie. Consumed all the season up to that date. :blackeye::)I'm a bit bummed it's all over now!! I didn't get to enjoy the live years! :cry:Be proud of your fandom!!! Though I rarely said I was a comic book fan or anime fan in the early years. Mainly because dudes were :asshat:dicks. :ROFL:

May your Dollar Tree adventure be magical!

I hope so!

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    17. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Didn't play either of those!!!

I remember playing WoW and Everquest back in the day. Now I don't PC game at all. Which is a shame as WoW graphics are amazing now!

• Like Like x 2
    18. aot
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I tried watching MLP. I love Lauren Faust, and it had a good cast, but it just wasn't for me. I don't know why. Ashamed to say that it might be the old "ew, girl stuff." Mentality :unsure:.
      I was rooting super hard for the movie, though! 2D theatrical movies are so rare in the west nowadays. :( How could I not want that movie to succeed?
      "YOu LiKe COmICs? NaMe ThIs oBsCuRe ChARecTer." Etc etc. That shit is frustrating, and alienating. Sorry you had to hide it.

Also, have you seen the trailer for season 2 of The Alienist? I hope they don't drop the ball this time.

• Like Like x 1
    19. Bob90
      Busy

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Shera Well at least I can be happy that others are happy lol. Though there apparently exists a fanfic of Ranma that a guy who frequented the comic shop near me said "ends it perfectly." So I may have a great quest ahead of me when I get caught up in the manga. I'm not surprised that was your experience with the anime because that show had an insane amount of filler after episode 30 since they started the show so soon in the manga's life.

Yeah Ghibli magic can draw in even people who aren't big on animation. My first I can remember were Pokemon, Digimon, G Gundam and Kiki's Delivery Service. My first time seeing Princes Mononoke was when I was 12 at a summer arts camp for our Saturday "Movie Night." Completely blown away. (That same summer, the same camp got me into Lord of the Rings with the first movie, so it was a pretty special summer). And then Adult Swim started doing adult anime on Saturday nights so I watched all those like: Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Trigun, etc.

Btw, if you ever need a song to add to your workout playlist the G Gundam theme does not fail to get the blood pumping :rockingbanana:

Oof, that feel when you weren't there for the active years of a fandom. Though I guess there is probably still a lot to get from the community like fanart, discussions on what happened, theories on what could happen etc. And yeah, dudes in niche (or formally niche now?) communities can definitely be dicks lol. For wanting feminine attention I remember them being stupidly hostile to girls.

Lol, maybe it will be

They were legit. Well Twisted Metal was actually wonky as hell but still fun in spite of the wonkiness

Do you not PC game because of the internet being poop?

20. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @aot Actually I tried MLP way back when and just couldn't. I ended up with the series, no internet for other options, and my cat Smokey snuggling with me. She was super sick, her last year with me, and I just junked out as she stole my body heat and I comfort petted her. Season 1 ended up fun. Two was better, and by three I was all in!

It's not for everyone and that's okay.

Yes! And then if you knew more than them . . . I think it was worse and they were the ones quizzing you. So.

"Everything about this is disturbing" I have now!! OH, man I am so excited I loved season one!

• Like Like x 1
    21. aot
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'm glad you liked it! I did too, and then I read the book, and I just felt like they added so much unneeded angst to it. (As if such a story needs anymore, lol.) But they have a good cast, and I'm willing to give the second season a shot. Also happy to see Luke Evans getting more work. Love that guy.

• Like Like x 1
    22. all to gain
      No Mood

all to gain Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      -
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      -
      Somebody asked me if I am speaking English to my second son the same as I did for my first son. Remember that I live in Russia but am English. My answer:

"Yes! He will become a spy... for England, of course!"

Some people overheard this, and we all know how people chatter.

Now people are looking at me even more suspiciously than before :ROFL:

• Funny Funny x 2
    23. Labyrinthine
      Moonlighting

Labyrinthine Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music
      @aot

Mate, have you started VIP? If so, did I miss anything in the second video tutorial? Can't hear the sound due to H... So much for H friendly treatment.

• Hug Hug x 3
    24. aot
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sorry, man. I haven't :(. My VS is mostly a non issue. Was mostly keeping an eye on it to see how it's received.

Is the sound absolutely needed? Maybe email VSI and ask.

• Like Like x 2
    25. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had read the book waaaaaaay back when, but it was long enough I couldn't judge the first season on it. :LOL:I'm actually not sure if I ever read past the first book. :cautious: I remember you said you liked the book more.

YES!!! Luke Evans is so good, I haven't missed a movie with him yet. Though the sad truth is his acting is great, the scripts not so much. :wacky: All of the leads in the Alienists need more work, but I'm happy to see them in this.

26. Labyrinthine
      Moonlighting

Labyrinthine Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music

Great videos

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    27. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Labyrinthine That bring me their souls thing is gonna stick with me forever. :ROFL:

• Like Like x 1
    28. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    29. aot
      Depressed

Tinnitus Since:
      2016. Worsened 11/2019.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      EYpqeksU4AAem8u.jpg

All is right in the world.

(And yeah @OnceUponaTime. How are you these days?)

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    30. Shera
      Bookworm

Shera Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/9/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus: