Clearing My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Fleegle, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Fleegle
      Doubtful

Fleegle Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have Tinnitus and fullness in my ear on the left side. My face feels sore and my jaw feels tense and tired. Had this for about 3 years.

So every morning I wake up and I sit on a low chair. And after 5 minutes I have discharge from my nose and this continues for about 20 minutes. I probably generate 15-20ml of fluid (a tablespoon). And then I move onto my morning routine.

Sometimes at this point my T clears.
      Then I brush my teeth.
      And sometimes at this point my T clears.
      Then I shower.
      And during, and maybe after, my T clears.

If it has cleared by now then T is OFF for the day, otherwise it is ON for the day. Disappointing to leave the shower when I know my day is going to be bad.

This continues every day. It does not always work, but when it does it is fantastic. But 50% of the time (no stats yet) it does/does not.

I don't know if I have ETD but it feels like I do. The DRs and ENTs all ask me if I can do the valsalva and because I can, then they tell me I do not have ETD (and while I am there - sorry nothing I can do for your Tinnitus).

I wish I could reset everything and start again - tell them that I have ETD and don't tell them about Tinnitus. And see what happens. But I can't.

Tomorrow I will see another DR to whom I have already told I have Tinnitus, and I want to tell him that I want to dry everything in my head. Approach it from and ETD direction.

I don't know how I should approach this or whether this "fullness" is the cause. Or IF this is the right way to go.

Any thoughts?

2. Lebber
      Scared

Lebber Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      mild head trauma (muscle tension)
      Wow i think its a great sign that your t sometimes clears with the fluid discharge. Does your ear fulness get better when this happens? Its up to the doctors to decide if this is all conneted. But of this happens i don't think you have to look too far for answers.

Just tell the doctors your symptoms. Facial pain and etd often come together so it will probably make sense to the doctor. It does sound that tou are on the right track of finding your cause.

I hear you about some doctors not giving a proper diagnosis. I also have mild etd. When the ent tested it, he didnt find any abnormalities and said nothing can be done. The second ent though was a good listener. Although she didnt find anything like the first doc, she believed me when i said i had a weird pressure all the time and prescriped me therapy for etd. (Which was nasal steroids and physiotherapy for realising the muscles around the eustachian tube).

Btw they can check for blockage by inserting a small tube up your nose. Maybe you can ask that.

Good luck with the doc. And let's hope that the clearing continues!