Clonazepam for Palatal Myoclonus

Audiophile_bg

Author
Sep 28, 2018
Tinnitus Since
08/2018
Cause of Tinnitus
Olanzapine/MRI
One month ago I got a sudden onset of palatal myoclonus because of Amoxicillin (within an hour of taking it). So now, the twitching is still here, and I have been prescribed Clonazepam. I hope it helps.

Has anyone tried Clonazepam for myoclonus? I'm not sure how well it works for stapedial/middle ear myoclonus.

Thank you.
Hope everyone is coping well.

One month ago I got a sudden onset of palatal myoclonus because of Amoxicillin (within an hour of taking it). So now, the twitching is still here, and I have been prescribed Clonazepam. I hope it helps.

Has anyone tried Clonazepam for myoclonus? I'm not sure how well it works for stapedial/middle ear myoclonus.

Thank you.
Hope everyone is coping well.
I have taken it for cramping tensor tympani and it worked very well but with diminishing effect over time.

Hello everyone. I just wanted to give a quick update:
I have been put on Baclofen (a muscle relaxant) and it IS controlling the myoclonus. It has considerably subsided, but the movement was so strong to begin with, it is not gone yet. I hope it will be eventually.

Thank you, hope everyone is doing well.

I'm currently taking diazapem for MEM. When following directions it does help. It almost went away entirely but then I cut my dose and it came right back. What a pain in the butt. I'm back to taking 4mg/day (@2mg x2)

If you're going to try it, follow instructions exactly!

Since the Baclofen gave me tinnitus again, I had to cut it, and now i take Clonazepam before bed. This time interestingly it DOES act on my tremor, and slows it down significantly. I don't know why it didn't work the first time.

Register

Register on Tinnitus Talk for free!

Register Now