Computer Noises & Tips

Discussion in 'Support' started by i.m, May 24, 2016.

1. i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      For me: Aspartame Poisoning. For Ent: L: TMJD / R: Dunno
      I have a very very noisy computer and mainly the noise is caused by fans (being a hardcore gamer, it's mandatory to have a big powerful gaming machine).

At the moment I'd like to upgrade it with water cooling, but before doing that, can it be dangerous for my ears (and my tinnitus) to hear such a big noise for 5 hours per day?

2. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      No they will not be loud enough to damage your hearing, they might be annoying, or even cover your existing tinnitus noise but they won't damage your hearing.

Have built many gaming and multimedia beast PCs in the past and the fan noise is nothing to worry about.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @yonkapin thank you. So in the end there is no need for a water cooling system ( or it is? )

4. yonkapin

yonkapin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      March 2012
      Definitely don't need it

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      i.m
      Anime

i.m Member

Tinnitus Since:
      18/02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Julien87
      Not amused

Julien87 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure (concert)
      I agree, you should not worry about this. You can change if the noise annoys you and if you think that would be more comfortable. But for me there is absolutely no danger right now.

If you are still concerned and think that the noise of your computer is really exceptionnally noisy you can try to measure it with a soundmeter and let us know..

7. squeek

squeek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise impact/maybe seaborn
      You CAN buy totally silent computers. No moving parts whatsoever. If you feel that your computer is aggravating your tinnitus then it may be a worthy purchase.

On the Apple side of things you've got the 12 inch macbook. On the PC side, you've got NoFan. I've got a NoFan PC and it has made such a massive difference. I want to choose the sounds in my environment and the computer doesn't gets to be one of them. Not sure if these machines can be tricked out enough for hard core gaming though.