Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by ajc, Feb 28, 2020.

1. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bye, have a nice life, hope your tinnitus improves to a point where you never even think about this place again!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    2. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Take good care! -- P.S. Your wife's probably right... :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @Piet -- I haven't had COVID-19. But I do know that post-viral syndrome can set in after a viral infection, and can last for quite some time. The best thing I think we can do for ourselves in a time like this is to do everything in our power to lower stress levels and allow our bodies to heal and return to homeostasis. The ways to do that are innumerable, from eating better, to seeing health care practitioners that orient you toward rebuilding your entire system.

A friend of mine got COVID-19, was sick for three weeks, and during this time assiduously heeded a lot of advice he got from his primary health care practitioner. His wife told me a few months after he recovered that once he got well, his energy returned in full. And then almost miraculously, his energy improved further, and is now higher than at any time in the many years they've been married. She could hardly believe the change for the better.

4. Piet

Piet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably prolonged headphone use
      Thanks for your reply, I'm really hoping my tinnitus goes back to baseline again and the new static noise in my left ear goes away. Otherwise, it will take me a couple of months again to habituate! I'm just scared, because I have noise induced tinnitus, that this is my new baseline, and it's pretty annoying, I can hear it over everything except shower, car, good converstation etc.

5. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Hi Piet, it's difficult to say with any certainty whether it's due to COVID-19 or stress. When I had it in March, I experienced a spike, but it faded. However, I always get a spike when my ears are bunged up from a cold, for example, so at the time it didn't really phase me.

The best thing you can do is stay busy, eat well, and not dwell on it. I know this is easier said than done, but it does help.

6. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Take care, UKbloke. I wish you all the best.

• Like Like x 1
    7. one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/adrenalin + forgetting to breathe enough when online
      Good luck UKBloke with whatever you decide to do on your life path... With reference to his comments on Sweden, maybe they didn't spread fear and panic throughout the news, which lowers immune systems, cells and our immune system go into hiding with sending the word fear from your mind to your cells...

I'll just tell you about me - for 60 years I would get every cold/flu/sickness going... Me and my wife had an in house joke - if say a winter cold/flu was going about she might get it first then I would be an easy target, she would then be clear of it, and I'd be stuck with it...

So at some point in my research on the power of the mind and self healing, I came across a website - this lady said she had a serious health problem - and one night in deep meditation/rest she wondered if her cells could hear her, I know some here will be falling about laughing - but it worked, I still have the link somewhere...

So I added this to my research and 'learned things'... Well in March 2020 my wife worked so hard in the card shop in town, as the first lockdown was about the time of Mother's Day and she was busy, over did it really...

A week or two later still run down, she was so ill, lost taste and smell - and I caught it... We don't know what it was, and we don't want to know, it's a bug... I was reading in my diary recently a sarcastic message left there for another day 'oh dear self healing expert has a cough' - but I'd learned things, I communicate with my cells as this lady did - all is calm there cells, all is good - 'or' there is a bug - get it gone - and it went... Not had a cold/flu or meds in 4 years now... slight cough for a day or snivel then that's it, be gone, get it shifted cells, shooo...

• Like Like x 2
    8. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Who are these freaks?

I feel so sorry for Chris Whitty here. He doesn't deserve this after all the hours he has put into trying to help people during this pandemic (a significant amount of which was during his free time).

What is happening to society?

Chris Whitty harassed while getting lunch

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. Psych
      Wishful

Psych Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Many moons...
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is not about "left" or "right," this is about the people who think they run the world making us believe any fool thing they put on the television, and laughing at us when we fall for their tricks!

Their motto is "DIVIDE AND CONQUER," which includes pitting people against each other, and playing up labels such as you used and described. When we fall for these tactics, that's when we become ZOMBIFIED, and fall prey to the lies you see on the media every day, masterfully done because these little darlings PRINT THE MONEY and spare no expense to BAMBOOZLE the masses! It's all about control and a false sense of superiority. But is it really superior to lie, cheat, and steal? Of course not!

The main point is, there are millions and millions more "normal" folk who just want a happy healthy life for their families than there are pathological plutarchs, so let's keep up the truth telling - that is what will win the day, in the end! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    10. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      This would be hilarious if it was a parody post, but it's frightening if you're serious.

The stupidity of mankind knows no bounds.

11. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 chiropractic treatment, 2 and 3 no cause
      A while back I read somewhere that the young and the old have a lot more in common when it comes to their immune system than they have with the adult population in between. The reasoning was that in children the immune system is still a work in process, with not having been exposed to many of the illnesses the average adult has, where in the elderly the immune system becomes less effective at tracking infections and responsive to vaccinations.

I'm sorry, but I can't remember the original source but I'm sure it must have been on an unrelated topic because the books I read and the lectures I watch aren't usually focused on medicine. But maybe this helps a bit in understanding why the old and the young may both considered vulnerable.

12. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't really find it frightening -- no war but class war, as it's always been and e'er so shall be. I did not look at this poster's full history here or in this thread, but the basic idea of this one post, that ruling classes, now and historically, have played up arbitrary divisions to keep the population in line and from aligning along class lines, seems pretty non-controversial and easy to drum up a bunch of examples of, and few counterexamples. Do you disagree?

If in context here that concept is being used to somehow defend COVID-19 denialism, that's another story but I'm not going down the rabbit hole to find out.

13. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      His previous posts on this thread put him in-line with being an NWO believer. So, the context I am reading that in is that he believes there is a secret cabal of people that are orchestrating the whole COVID-19 situation in order to usher in a new era.

Generally speaking, the higher power thing has a ring of truth to it, historically speaking. However, it seems that he is a victim of a common social media conspiracy theory, in this instance, unfortunately. That's the part I find frightening: how easy it is to lead someone into believing a particular narrative about a given situation.

I've given up on this thread (as I should have a long time ago). There really is no point posting here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      So, we've all got COVID-19 for the second time in our house. Last night was awful as our 8-month-old son became very ill. He had a high fever of 40 degrees and was breathing heavily. We were going to call an ambulance at one point as it was getting concerning. Our daughter also had a fever, but she was fine.

We found out yesterday that my wife's family all tested positive, and they have brought food over to ours. With this news, my wife went out and got tested. She was positive, but by the time we found out it was obvious we all had it because we all had a high temperature and both our kids were coughing.

I have had symptoms of an ear infection, but I'm now starting to wonder if it's the coronavirus. I got tested this morning, but I'll catch it either way, anyway.

My wife is annoyed because she only had the Vaccine last Tuesday.

15. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      My test result was negative. This either means it was a false negative or I have yet to become infectious.

All last week my tinnitus has been insanely loud. I put this down to an ear infection, but when we were told about the positive COVID-19 results, I started to wonder whether it was down to that.

16. one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I'll put something on here later, I wrote it one of my mental health forums I am a member of this morning - so I'll share here see if it stays on later... I remind people I did 4 years of the power of the mind research after a flu jab made me ill in 2014 - and I shared my knowledge with others worldwide over the last year with what I've learned... I also remind people here, I get spiritual guidance - so we see if this stays on, and if so I'll write more...

Ed209, I do hope you and your family are feeling better...

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    17. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Sweden didn't have a lockdown or COVID-19 regulations. So, why aren't their deaths way worse than the "strict" countries? Shouldn't their population be cut in half or something? Just shows ya...

18. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:

This is going to turn into an annual game of RNA whack-a-mole, similar to flu shots, I bet. The variants which are showing less of a response to the vaccines, have spike protein variations which can be attacked by the next generation of vaccines.

Note: even strains that have been shown to respond less strongly to the mRNA vaccines, respond more strongly to them than an average flu virus does to a flu shot, and yet flu shots are still quite effective, so...

I don't think the current status quo drags much longer, though: my prediction is that because of largely effective vaccines, plus exposure rates and some amount of continuing mask use in cities, in calendar year 2022, total US corona deaths ought to be less than, say, a 75th percentile flu year, and then continue to taper down from there.

Once the machines used to encapsulate mRNA strands into injectable forms are widely disseminated, not only will it radically speed up turnaround time on subsequent corona vaccines, it's going to open the door to a whole new world of targeted mRNA therapies.

Given that the proteins that cause cochlear cilia to form have already been identified, I think the odds of seeing mRNA based hearing-loss interventions in my lifetime are reasonably high.

In other news I had a coronavirus test because I'd been out of state and my state requires it if I don't want to quarantine for another 7 days. It was easy, fast and completely painless and I had my (negative) result in 48 hours.

EDIT: this is also interesting, shines a light on what we're dealing with in terms of mutations. Also sounds like people who's body can't beat the virus, turn into breeding grounds for weird variations.

Extraordinary Patient Offers Surprising Clues To Origins Of Coronavirus Variants

Note that nothing in this article changes my fundamental views or statement about my beliefs w/r/t 2022 COVID-19 mortality in the US....

• Like Like x 1
    19. one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I can only think if the fear was less there over the media and immune systems would be stronger... where are all the other flu bugs anyway here this winter...

20. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      So if only there was no fear, it would all go away?

Yeah, all the other flu bugs disappeared. It's a miracle!

21. one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Well it would help fight it - it's the fear from people's minds to the immune system, sending the word fear, hide cells...

We know many of the young survive this better, immune systems are stronger - my wife was very poorly with this a year ago, I got a a cough and got it gone - I'm 67 years old but fit enough to fight it - shoo... that's the signal I send to my defence cells, get it gone...

22. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      We already have strong immune systems unless we feed our body trash and never exercise. Yes, the mind is strong too.

But, I was suggesting to use common sense. Sweden had no COVID-19 measures in place and is relatively fine especially if you compare to the most strict places.

Everyone is abiding by these measures yet some places have authorities talking about escalating cases and deaths. But, we are wearing masks, self isolating and have lockdowns. Huh? What?

Now, the flu and cold has disappeared. If you feel ill, it "must be COVID-19!!!!"

People need to use common sense. :-/

23. linearb
      Psychedelic

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      are you suggesting that the 400,000+ people who have died in the US of COVID-19, many of whom were under the age of 50 with no preconditions were all.... weak willed?

The link between stress and immune function is well documented, but there's no magic there, and plenty of people with no prior conditions and full of all sorts of good vibes have died from this. Believing otherwise seems to be engaging in some sort of magical thinking, "I don't have to worry about this obviously dangerous thing, because I have a talisman that protects me", more or less.
      The social distancing and masking measures people are following to reduce the spread of COVID-19 are also reducing the spread of basically every other airborne disease, funny how that works.

24. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      So 400,000 mask wearers who practiced social distancing and self isolated all died of COVID-19 and had no other conditions? Yet masks and social distancing works. Lockdowns work? Huh? That makes no sense and has contradictions.

Talk about "magical thinking." Magical thinking for a magic virus.

25. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Well look on the bright side, we cured the common cold.

26. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I'm doing another test today as my symptoms have progressed to a cough and I'm also short of breath. I've also got a feeling of malaise coming on. It all feels the same as what we had in March last year. My wife is mainly having sinus symptoms again.

27. one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I had this discussion on another mental health forum maybe 4 months ago - a moderator came on and said 3 of my friends were the most positive people you can meet all died of the thing - so how can you tell me power of the mind works... Ok I'll say the same to you on this forum here - no guarantees 'but in my opinion' fear set in, they get tested 'knowing' what it is - then sending signals to defence cells we have COVID-19 rubbish - hide/run...

And all this double mask wearing, I suppose that's going to work?? - If the thing just sits on the face, then waits for the mask to be removed and shove a sandwich in there - and all this hiding we're doing is working so well, isn't it - A mask does delay the impact, to slow it person to person, I'll give it that... but if the bug keeps mutating it'll be run and hide more...

This is just my opinion, and I am not making anyone do anything - I'm 'suggesting' being positive and less fear will help your defence... a stronger immune system - IMO if this was to attack again in 20 years they should consider letting the 80% strongest just get on with it, not give it a fearful name and protect the vulnerable and jab them up as we're doing now... and mass TV advertising, teaching people how to be strong in mind, positivity, no fear, and get on with it...

If this thing keeps mutating for the next 20 years we'll be playing catch up, hiding, fearing - at some point they might consider using the God Given immune system and strengthen it by losing the fear and take it head on - how would they have gone on in the war days, with let's all hide...

28. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      DEBB85E2-FCD9-47B8-96B8-A4A139C6508A.jpeg

In the end, I didn't need a test result to confirm I had it, it was blatantly obvious. I feel really ill at the moment, and it feels like someone is sitting on my chest. Last night, my temperature hit 41 degrees, and I felt delirious. My tinnitus is still insanely loud as well. My symptoms are the same as the first time I caught it.

Incidentally, my wife and I have been taking vitamin C and D every day, but it didn't stop us from catching it. We weren't trying to protect ourselves from COVID-19, it's just happens to be part of our regimen at the moment.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    29. one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      This might sound like basic advice, which it is - take it or ignore it... try to keep busy 'gently' tidying a draw out, doing some dishes, gentle gardening for 10 minutes - 'rest' when the body wants to rest - and among your many 15 mins daily rests that you'll need while removing it - focus the power of your mind in meditation 'gently' no fear - saying 'in mind' it's a bug, cells get it gone... Don't let it settle, keep it moving cells - defence cells have awareness/consciousness 'imagine guiding them' with the power of your mind, will power and press with your finger, it's here - they don't need to know what it is, it's a bug get it gone... and much less time online and TV while fighting it, read, do a puzzle... good luck...

There's obviously no guarantees with this, but it's much better than fearing it...

My wife was so ill with this last March, I got a cough for a day or so... we think it was that, we isolated and fought it, didn't want to know what, but she lost taste and smell...

30. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi @one-light -- How's she doing with that? I've heard it's pretty traumatic for some people.