Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by ajc, Feb 28, 2020.

1. one-light
      Sunshine

one-light Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      stress/adrenalin + forgetting to breathe enough when online
      She's doing good, thanks...

• Like Like x 1
    2. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Both my kids' test results came back positive also, which is what we were expecting given the circumstances. We had to test our daughter because she is due to go back to nursery soon.

I've got really bad lower back pain this time, and I was in a feverish delirium all night last night. It was horrible.
      There was no fear in this house, one-light. The last few weeks have been pretty positive, and we've already had COVID-19 before. If you catch it, it's a roulette wheel as to how you will respond to it.

3. Jack V

Jack V Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2020
      Wow... sorry to hear this. Hope you and your family recover soon!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Ed209, so sorry to hear, you're in my thoughts.

You're also reinforcing my desire to stay inside my property line; vaxx train is comin'.

At this point one of my siblings and one of my best friends have had their first shot (both front line workers in schools). My parents will soon.

• Like Like x 1
    5. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      What's annoying is that I haven't left the house in weeks, but I caught it anyway. My sister-in-law brought some food round for us, and that's all it took.

It's really bad where I live, though. Everyone is getting it. My cousin and her boyfriend have it at the moment as well.

• Hug Hug x 2
    6. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Here's some recent data about this (recent study about Vitamin C & Zinc: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2776305)

Key points:
      Question Do high-dose zinc, high-dose ascorbic acid, and/or a combination of the 2 reduce the duration of symptoms of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)?

Findings In this randomized clinical trial of 214 patients with confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection receiving outpatient care, there was no significant difference in the duration of symptoms among the 4 groups.

Meaning These findings suggest that treatment with zinc, ascorbic acid, or both does not affect SARS-CoV-2 symptoms.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      My wife and I can anecdotally attest to this. It didn't help us in the slightest. I've still got a high fever, and all my joints are aching, especially my lower back. I feel like shit. Walking up the stairs is like running a marathon at the moment.

Here's our supply:

C50D8CD1-58FE-46FF-B35A-7560750C5AC5.jpeg

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This is really scary, Ed.

I'm sorry that you're going through it again. You and your whole family is in my thoughts.

• Like Like x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      Did your sister-in-law wear a mask? How close to her were you or your wife when she brought the food?

10. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I didn't see her. She dropped the food off at the door and then left, but she didn't realise that she was infectious.

My oxygen levels dropped this morning to 90-92, so my wife rang 111 and they sent an ambulance. They made me sit up and down over and over again to see if they dropped any further, but they didn't. They measured my sats at 94 and said it was borderline, but everything else was ok. I've been told to ring 999 if they drop any more.

• Hug Hug x 1
    11. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      I hope one day after coronavirus medication or vaccination has sorted the world could find a cure for tinnitus.

If everyone was hearing voices 24/7, I'm sure it would be taken more seriously.

Tinnitus is a mental challenge but never give up on life.

Life does get better as we get to understand our tinnitus and everyone no matter if mild or severe have their own breathing point.

Love,
      Glynis

• Like Like x 3
    12. Jrblovsky

Jrblovsky Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Christmas 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      NOISE/Menieres Who knows
      You're absolutely correct. It isn't taken serious at all. I blame these quack doctors and therapists. They are the problem. Learning to live with it or habituation is not acceptable.

13. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      I wonder what people here would choose if the world was going to invest (significantly more) in COVID-19 or tinnitus but could only pick one. It would be an easy choice for me. I really hope tinnitus researchers get somewhere.

• Hug Hug x 1
    14. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Yeah. I think tinnitus researchers and experts need to communicate to them the facts. But, I sound like a broken record.

15. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      @Ed209 -- I'm sorry to hear you and your family are going through another round of this sh*t. In case you're interested, I just ran across an interesting article on Melatonin entitled, "Avoid Dying From a Viral Infection". I'd run across several references to Melatonin being able to help people with COVID-19, but I never delved into it further. I just kind of kept it in the back of my mind to look into diligently if I were to get COVID-19 myself.

The linked article gave me some more insight into why Melatonin could be helpful for most viral infections As you can imagine, the article is from a more alternative type of website, with rather non-conventional health care approaches. Sorry about that, but I just just can't seem to help myself! :rolleyes: I'll likely never get over the notion (hurdle?) that alternatives are unlikely to have any efficacy unless there's reams of scientific research to back it up. Especially since I've gotten most of my own health improvements using them. -- Take care!

P.S. -- I hope you're tinnitus isn't as brutal as I suspect it might be during this latest covid-19 episode...

16. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      @Ed209 - I hope you are doing better. If so, then I have a question for your consideration. If not, then of course never mind this question and I hope are doing better soon.

I am in the US but wondering about something in the UK that I cannot reconcile. Today I read in the Wall Street Journal that the new variant currently accounts for 96 percent of cases in the UK:

“The variant first identified in Britain accounted for 96% of viral samples examined at three major laboratories in England by early February, compared with just over a third at the beginning of December, according to the U.K. government.”

As I understand it, the new variant is significantly more contagious than the earlier variant. But when I look at case counts on World-O-Meter, they seem to have fallen dramatically since the peak - from the graph looks like down about 80 percent from mid-January, and the lowest they have been since around late September / early October of 2020.

Any thoughts on what’s going on? The steep drop in cases seem like not what I would have expected.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

upload_2021-2-16_15-4-56.png

• Like Like x 2
    17. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      Courts in Netherlands say the curfews must be lifted immediately as there is no emergency. Lol. Um, yeah.

18. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      The Quarantine Hotels in the UK are all run by the Radisson Hotel Group. Who owns them? A Chinese consortium, led by Jin Jiang International Holdings Co. Ltd.
      Lol. COVID-19 alarmists... :-D

A stay at those hotels costs 1750£ a pop.

Edit: A Facebook group is trying to bully and intimidate Sweden for not following the globalist COVID-19 policy. Sweden did not enforce oppressive COVID-19 measures and didn't suffer dire consequences. The population didn't die out so that is a problem.

This even includes people in Sweden terrorizing and intimidating their own citizens.

Private Facebook group attempts to influence Swedish interests abroad

Unreal.

19. Jack V

Jack V Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2020
      Is it fair to say that if you personally experienced severe COVID-19, but did not personally experience severe tinnitus, your opinion would be that COVID-19 is real and tinnitus is a hoax?

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    20. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Ed209,

Hope your family and yourself are better now xx

Last year I had to shield for 4 months and shielding again since 5th of January.

I had my first COVID-19 injection and second one due just before shielding ends.

Missing all my family and grandchildren but safe at home as a severe asthmatic.

Ears are still buggers and Meniere's.

I do have some lovely hearing aids that adjust in lost frequencies to my surroundings and option cut out background sounds.

They have a built in ocean wave masking sound. So glad to have them.

Wishing I was back at work as missing caring for the residents but I should have full COVID-19 protection from second jab just before shielding ends.

So many lost lives around the world taken before their time xxx

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    21. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      • Like Like x 1
    22. PeteJ
      Aggressive

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      "Severe COVID-19?" Lol. What's that? Your question is illogical. My experience is COVID-19 is a fake pandemic and it is for everyone else, too. People get the flu or bad colds.

23. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I'm now in hospital.

FAA982EA-0B39-42F4-9122-53414B5D5840.jpeg

2B926E63-8B87-4943-AC06-356A8ED714E9.jpeg

Arterial blood gases.

6BBB34C5-0DDE-4468-B208-72769431007E.jpeg

• Hug Hug x 14
    24. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      @Ed209, I am so very sorry you are in hospital with COVID-19. I have been reading your posts but not logging on because I admire your efforts when Tinnitus Talk needed help. And I also suffered with COVID-19 in July. I so hope you get home soon and recover. I noticed the rash on your wrist. I have the same on the palms of my hands. Started just before my diagnosis.

I am still having issues that are slowly improving and I hope the same for you. My tinnitus and hyperacusis is through the roof and not changed since the virus attacked my ears and throat. It was a weird soreness inside my ear canal and throat that quickly became unbearable.

Please know you are in my prayers and your family also.

We haven't really been able to leave our home much since the original lock down a year ago.

We live in Los Angeles county, CA. Businesses are ruined here. Outdoor dining just started up again but we refuse to go out except for necessities. In person doctor appointments are not allowed and all appointments are teleconferences over the phone.

Again you are such a wonderful giving man to this community. Your generosity is greatly underestimated but I see it.

Please continue to update and know I care. And look forward to the time we can join together for another fundraiser of some sort for Tinnitus Talk.

Many hugs,

Jen

• Like Like x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    25. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Thank you, Jen.

• Hug Hug x 1
    26. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      That made me smile, Lane. You're a good man.

• Like Like x 3
    27. Ed209

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I've got type 1 respiratory failure. I can only move about 10 steps and I can't breathe. My oxygen levels just collapse.

With the virus being an obvious hoax, it makes me wonder what's causing it :rolleyes:?

• Hug Hug x 6
    28. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 chiropractic treatment, 2 and 3 no cause
      Wishing you all the best and that you will be up and about really, really soon!

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    29. Jack V

Jack V Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1/2020
      I appreciate your honesty. If you don’t experience something personally, it doesn’t exist. Got it.

• Like Like x 1
    30. linearb
      Psychedelic

linearb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

beliefs are makyo and reality ignores them
      Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      If the universe were a just place, which it's not, @Ed209 would be at home with his family and some asshole COVIDIOT denier would be dealing with respiratory collapse in his place.

You're in my thoughts & prayers, Ed.

• Agree Agree x 4
      • Like Like x 1