Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19) and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by ajc, Feb 28, 2020.

1. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Ed209,

My thoughts and prayers are with you, I know just what it's like having trouble breathing as a severe asthmatic. COVID-19 is so life threatening for some people.

I hope the extra oxygen helps your sats and soon breathing again unaided as you start to recover.

Bless you Eddie and lots of love and hugs to you xxx

• Like Like x 2
      • Winner Winner x 1
    2. PeteJ
      Depressed

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      @Ed209, I hope your health team treats you well and that you recover as quickly as possible.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Piet

Piet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably prolonged headphone use
      Hey thanks for the reply! How long did your spike last? Mine is still going on. I think it's been like almost 2 months now, very high pitched hiss with sometimes an electrical zap. Very weird. I'm staying positive although sometimes it's hard. My vitamine D level was like 25 instead of the normal 75 i found after with my ENT so currently on supplements for that. Hoping it gets better soon!

4. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      @Ed209, I understand how awful this COVID-19 virus is and hope that you will continue to improve and return home quickly as possible. I admire your strength to fight this horrible condition. No one really gets "it" until it happens to them or someone they love. I wasn't in the hospital because all beds were taken when I was struck down with COVID-19.

Lucky to have recuperated at home after a couple of months. I still have COVID-19 fog brain, depression and the tinnitus and hyperacusis is higher than ever. And the rash on the palms of my hands has not gone away. I am able to now walk around for exercise without being crippled with fatigue so I am hopeful you will get there also.

Another person @Piet wrote about having COVID-19 and low Vitamin D levels. This happened to me also after having a recent full blood work up done. My level dropped horribly and had to take a prescription high level D. Prior to this everything was normal. I am (was) a runner and in good physical condition. My body did not process the prescription D so I am finding ways to improve the level. I find it interesting @Piet also had low level D after the virus.

This does affect younger healthy people although the focus is on those over 65 here in the States. I cannot get the vaccine until "they" lower the age limit. And I want those front line workers in all fields to be first in line. My husband is much older and thank God he did not contact the virus from me. I stayed quarantined in our little guest room for two weeks, alone. Like tinnitus, is is a very isolating experience. He got his first shot last week and is scheduled for his second March 11.

The world will never be the same after this. I am sorry for your kids having to witness this at such a young age.

Thanks for the update because I think of you and your family every day and check here to see how you are doing.

Some people ask how I got "it". We were always in lock down but did do grocery shopping for us and elderly neighbors. Never had contact with them always leaving the groceries on their front porch it was the highlight of their day to wave at us through their picture window. Always wore a mask and took all precautions. They are healthy and did not get COVID-19.

According to my doctors the only place I could been exposed to COVID-19 was from the grocery store or pharmacy when we were doing neighborhood care runs last year.

So those reading do not let your guard down. Ever.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    5. HeavyMantra
      Bugridden

HeavyMantra Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Steadily worsening since 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My tinnitus got significantly worse and developed two new tones after having almost entirely asymptomatic COVID-19. While visiting audiology clinics, health care professionals have told me they've seen many people getting tinnitus from no other reason that COVID-19.

My tinnitus has not improved for over 3 months after getting COVID-19.

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Informative Informative x 2
    6. Piet

Piet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sun has been shining a lot lately and I have been sitting in it for hours. And the next couple of days I notice a bit quieter tinnitus so I really hope it will go back to baseline after my vitamin D levels return to normal.

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Piet

Piet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I also developed a new low static tone in my left ear that has been tinnitus free. I can only hear it sometimes though in a very quiet room. And a high hiss in my right ear where I have my original tone from 2.5 years ago. It's not really maskable but I'm coping better with it. All we can do is stay positive and just try to habituate again.

End of March FX-322 results will be out and from previous trials, it looks promising.

I'm only 20 years old and have the hearing of a 40-year-old but I'm coping with it a little bit better every day. You will be fine too!

8. Sevv

Sevv Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud concert
      Hey @Ed209, you were on my mind during work today and I just thought what a sick joke life is playing on you. I wish you a lot of strength to muster this situation and I hope that you will be better soon.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    9. PeteJ
      Depressed

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      My tinnitus worsened from no apparent reason before "COVID-19" was a thing as well as reasons that I could speculate on.

But, let's all blame a flu for it now. It causes everything. :rolleyes:

10. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      Hi @Ed209,
      Hope you're on the mend buddy.

All your pals here are thinking of you daily.

xx
      Daniel

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    11. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Still in hospital at the moment, Daniel.

• Hug Hug x 9
    12. Kriszti

Kriszti Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2016/2017/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Is there any change? Rooting for a speedy recovery, Ed. :huganimation:

• Hug Hug x 3
      • Agree Agree x 2
    13. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Ed209,
      Thinking of you and hope you are feeling a little better.

Love Glynis xx

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    14. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      Me too @Ed209. Wonder each day if you are improving enough to go home. Can hospital do a blood work test for your vitamin D level? Just curious because so little is actually known about this virus and my doctors said her patients recovering from COVID-19 were all diagnosed with very low levels of it after recovery. My level was perfect before getting it. I have to take a mega prescription D for a while to prevent future issues. Ugg.

Are you still on the ventilator? Hope your kids and wife are doing okay.

@Piet, you are quite young and I am sure after getting enough sunshine, your level will be normal soon. Is your tinnitus subsiding yet?

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    15. Daniel Lion
      Ape-like

Daniel Lion Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma, hearing loss
      You look better than me in the hospital with an oxygen mask on, what's up with that?

Thinking of you and waiting for the good news of you being discharged and back at home.

Peace out @Ed209.

• Like Like x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    16. PeteJ
      Depressed

PeteJ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma?
      No new normal:

COVID-19 vaccines don't mean quick return...

Another "conspiracy theory" becomes true.

Next, current vaccines don't work on "new strands" resistant to current vaccines. Yep, I predicted again for you.