Despair and Losing Hope

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MJC, Oct 20, 2015.

1. MJC
      Depressed

MJC Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April
      This Monday I went to my ENT appointment - a second Opionion at a new hospital and Doctor.

1.They did a sound test - no hearing loss.

2.They checked inside my ears- no fluid or damage visible.

3. They did a pressure test - no sign of any pressure issues but the day I went I was a good day for my ears ( Sod's law).

I went to a music event in a club, was exposed to 4 hours of loud music and came out with painful swollen throbbing ears which has become 6 painful months of pain, blocked ears and pressure. Each day is different and there is no key indicator why on some days my ears are better.

Even on the good days the blocked pressure feeling never goes away 100% but at least the pain is not so bad. I have tinnitus in both ears but I am not bothered with the sound.

I have had accupucture, taking Supplements : NAC + and Gingko.

I feel trapped and I don't know what to do anymore. The hospital say it's nothing,
      but yet I have this terrible pain and pressure. I am now getting headaches from all the pain and worrying.

I don't know what to do anymore- my fear is taking over.

Why can't the doctors help or find anything?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Sorry to hear of your latest struggle. It seems that your latest problem is related to the acoustic trauma received at the club. Such trauma to the ears is often associated with fullness and feeling pressured, and sometimes fluid build-up. Members often recommend getting the prednisone steroids if the acoustic trauma injury is new. So perhaps instead of asking the doctors to find out what is wrong, is to ask them for a course of the steroids.

For the mental side of the struggle, the best thing is to give it some time because recovering from such injury will take time. In a lot of cases, people report back that after sometime, the ears settle down and get better. Since you are not bothered by the sound (as you posted), perhaps just stay positive and calm for some time. I know it is easier said than done. If you are really having too much anxiety and fear, perhaps ask the doctors to get you some meds to help with the anxiety. Good luck and God bless.