Detox Diet

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Warren Spencer, Mar 27, 2011.

1. I think I might take this approach.

Since I changed my diet my screaming tinnitus is down to a light hiss. Good luck.

2. bertson

bertson Member

Vegetarian? What diet you changed to?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Warren Spencer

Warren Spencer Member

No I didnt turn to the green side , lol. I just dont eat anything prepackaged or with additives and dyes. Just good fresh food. Lots of veggies , fruits , beans and greens. Beef and bread seem to spike my T so i havent had much of those. Fish, seafood and wild rice are ok for me, and eggwhite omelettes. I only drink water and a little 0% fat milk.

• Like Like x 1
    4. stony

stony Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1975
      I have been thinking diet has had something to do with my T for quite some time. I've had T for 40 years and it's at its worse now than any other time.

5. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      If you are sick and have a flu any other pain in the body will become much more unbearable ... the body only has X amount of energy to spend on things and somehting will start annoying... same with Tinnitus... if your body is constantly working in overdrive to clear your toxins you ingest with fries, beef, fats and what not ... you mind and body will become tired and your nerves sytem will be in stress and thus make your tinnitus much more unbearable. However I havn`t yet heard of anyone healing T with diet... I tried it the first year I had T ... I started a raw vegan diet ... it gave me energy and a clear mind to deal with things in a better way.. but it did not make the sound go away although it appeared lighter and less intrusive.

I also did colonics every week and took massive amounts of superfoods ...

6. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
    7. Stink

Stink Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2000
      when something seem too good to be true, it probably is

this simple sentence too many people forget! don't buy into to the voodoo

8. Danny Boy
      Cheerful

Danny Boy Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ear infection
      Yeah, just a balanced diet will be sufficient enough.

9. stony

stony Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/1975
      I rarely if anytime eat fast food, but my downfalls are salty snacks and sweets. I really never like sweets much until I stopped drinking alcohol 30+ years ago and then I developed the like for them. Probably was the sugar in the alcohol. So the change in diet started today and it will take a few days to get the salt and sugar cravings out of my system.

I had a huge spike last night that woke up me out of a dead sleep. These usually last about an hour or so and it usually results in long term volume increase in my daily T. I also work in a somewhat noisy environment and I'm looking to change that.

10. whale
      No Mood

whale Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/25/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Myofascial crap Bruxism, a jackhammer, stress who knows
      Its hard, but I heard salt is really bad for T.

• Agree Agree x 1
    11. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just One (1) Loud Rock Concert!
      Salt is the worst for me.

I'm trying Vegan after watching a documentary on how bad meat and dairy is these days.

My son said that vegan is weird but if it helps me feel better and lower my T volume (and I can still have a few drinks once in a while), I think it's worth trying. :)

• Like Like x 1
    12. John B.
      Tired

John B. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2003
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      @John Meyers I think I'm watching that same documentary (on Netflix). I thought I was doing good by eating more fish, but there's mercury. I was having one or two drinks almost nightly when my tinnitus hit (April 2017). My doctor gave me xanax for anxiety, and some other meds to help me sleep - which meant I had to stop the booze. I had no alcohol for a month straight. I also stopped aspartame and caffeine - caffeine mostly because I didn't want it to impact my sleep.

I only occasionally take the xanax now, and have been off sleep meds for over a month. I still have an occasional drink but not nearly as much as I used to consume (lost about 15 lbs in the process). I'm also finding that exercise really helps with my sleeping as well.

I found that for me doing the low sodium diet wasn't that difficult. If I could give up booze for a month salt was a no brainer. I can't say that salt has any affect on my tinnitus one way or the other. I did find that any sort of mild hangover made for a difficult day with my tinnitus.

13. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, that Netflix documentary with the guy who drives his blue VW bus around.. That was a game changer for me on every level.. This biggest thing that jumped out at me was how sugar isn't the culprit of diabetes, but meat and dairy is because of how everything is processed these days. -- The whole industry is a big cover-up and I hope more people watch that. "Fed Up" is a good documentary too..

My wife and I are both going to cleanse with Vegan and hope that we can stick with it. -- All of our friends & family eat meat regularly, so it will be interesting. I'm going to tell them that I am doing it to combat my T which is half true and most don't have a clue what T is.

My wife stopped with processed sugars (candy, cookies, cake, ice cream, etc) about a year and a 1/2 ago. I never thought that she would stick with it and am proud of her..

If I eat a lot of chips, pretzels, etc, my T spikes. -- I've had hangover mornings where I eat junk food and don't even notice my T!! -- It's crazy and the only thing that I can think is that the brain is so aroused by the unhealthy food, that it completely takes my mind off of the T. -- That only happens once in a while though (mostly because I don't drink like I used to :)

• Like Like x 1
    14. John B.
      Tired

John B. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2003
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      @John Meyers I went mostly vegetarian last year - I made exceptions if I was invited over to dinner where they were only serving meat. I didn't want to have to be that person who required extra fussing. It wasn't that difficult - altho I found myself eating more of stuff that I know now to be bad (lots of grilled cheese, cheese pizzas, etc). I'd like to give veganism a chance - it's just a lot of work. The two of you working together definitely helps.

I used to never drink milk - I added a glass of warm milk to my sleep regimen and it has been working. I'll have to figure out a way to phase that out.

• Like Like x 1
    15. John Meyers
      Artistic

John Meyers Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ha ha.. We're going to a friend's BBQ today and don't want to be those weird Vegan people either..

I used to drink 2 gallons of milk a week by myself but the substitutes like Almond Milk are palatable. - Making vegan dishes is our next step. -- We are already big on spinach/fruit shakes so we have a head start.

When I first got T, I did a cleanse for a couple weeks and felt amazing even with T. -- I slowly went back to my bad eating habits though which lead me to this point. -- I was really depressed a month ago and felt sluggish, like I was rapidly aging..

I decided that I need to start practicing what I preach on this forum about overcoming T with a healthy lifestyle that makes you forget you have it.

I'm only on Day 3 but feel better already and am going for another 2 mile run today.

If I didn't have T, I might be continuing my bad habits possibly leading to a heart attack, cancer, or diabetes. -- I've mentioned this to a few T suffers and how some people in my community suffer from real serious health setbacks. -- I'm not trying to be a downer, just trying to put it in perspective. -- Tinnitus can be a real mind f*#@ and my goal is to put it on the back burner and out of mind with an extremely healthy lifestyle.. :)

• Like Like x 1
    16. Michael Smith

Michael Smith Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/20/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure, headache, and loud earphones
      Fasting has a great detoxing effect as well. I’ve noticed my T to lessen significantly. I’ve fasted pretty tough, though. Equal to or less than 2000 calories. I’ve also done a vegetarian diet before- yes, that lessened Tinnitus as well.

17. Single

Single Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      many causes
      Hi, Could I ask you some questions about Diet?

18. Single

Single Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      many causes
      Could I ask you questions about the diet? Thank you.

19. Single

Single Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      many causes
      Hi John B, how are you? Could I ask you a few questions about Tinnitus?