Diet Adjustment for Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Blair14, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Blair14
      Tired

Blair14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      I used to pound the coffee into me, went cold turkey three weeks ago, had only two coffee since, I don't see any change in T, perhaps slightly worse. I have lost 22 lbs as I have no appetite, and so cautious about what I do eat, no salt, on salt reduction pills, and making sure I am hydrated, drinking much more water than I ever did, probably in lieu of the coffee. Still no change. I guess if none of this has had an impact to this point, there won't be. Any other ideas?

2. Bart
      Wtf

Bart Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/06/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I think diets etc are very personal, it may benefit some people where others see no change at all.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. jimH
      Caffeine

jimH Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      30 years+
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Blair14,...While eliminating caffeine has helped some people it had no impact on my T condition. So, I went back to drinking coffee but not as much as before. I'm concerned about the amount of weight that you've lost and that you have no appetite. It sounds as though you need to be on an anti anxiety/depressant. If you are already on one then you might need a dosage adjustment. I'm basing my opinion on my own personal experience.

Btw, If you're still continuing to lose weight, there's a drink called "Boost Plus" that contains a lot of nutrients and protein. It's not the regular Boost but the "Plus." It has over 300 calories. It helped me get through a similar period when my T was so severe that I was also losing too much weight from loss of appetite and a queasy stomach due to anxiety and depression.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Drugs barotrauma
      I haven't found anything in my diet to budge my T either way-good or bad. If there is a difference, it's so slight I don't hear it.

I eat and drink whatever I please now, unlike before T. It's one of the few things I enjoy in life these days with T, bring on the beer, wine and steaks.

• Like Like x 3
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Blair14
      Tired

Blair14 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure
      @jimH @Telis
      Thanks for the response. I know I could have a coffee a half hour before I went to bed and still sleep, so I guess I was immune to the effects some have. Part of my lifestyle change was to loose some weight, though I didn't expect to loose this much this quickly. I want to loose another 13 lbs and I would be happy with that, so I eat when I am hungry or force myself some toast in the morning, have cereal or something light for supper. I am able to go for short walks, slowly trying to add so therapy into a routine. I took such a hard hit over this and still although times feeling a little more stable I'm taking some hard hits. I figure I can slowly integrate foods back and see if there is any difference, though to this point I don't see this as what caused things to go off the rails.

6. Dan Seg
      Cheeky

Dan Seg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      AUgust 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      dont know yet !!
      I started Tinnitus in around August 2015 (again) and noticed it gets very bad right in the middle of the night if I take a late meal with meat and RED wine !. Man ! I want to go nuts , the high Freq. pich and hear pressure it creates is totaly crasy. Since I eliminated RED meat and RED wine from my diet it faded a bit down .

For some unknown reason its still related to my diet and dont know exactly what is causing this bad --T-- . it mostly manifest itself in the middle of the night and cannot sleep no more from that moment. It last for a few days and then fades down. When I wake up and start my day my --T-- level drops a bitin the UP position until I go to sleep again and my --T-- level goes back up ! ...
      Every morning I have --T-- around 6AM , then its drops a bit. Some days I have ZERO --T-- which make me think its Diet related . anybody have a similar diet related --T-- ^^ ??
      Many tx for your help and replies ...

7. Shblatt
      Tired

Shblatt Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Scuba diving accident
      I read a few posts on this site about Saffron. I've been adding Saffron to some heated creme and honey - twice a day. It's so so delicious, but still not sure if it's helping. I've been making some stinging nettles tea; really has relaxed me and help me cope with the escalation of t. I stopped drinking coffee too, for the past 5 days. My T jumped from a serene level 3 to a shrill buzzing 7 since a chiropractic treatment last week. Still hoping it will abate.