Dirty Electricity

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by sleepbiology, Jun 7, 2016.

1. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I am not sure what to make of "dirty electricity".

Somehow up until today I haven't noticed the post above.

Could someone with a background in biology confirm that those studies had been published in respectable journals?

I attempted to find a website that one could trust discussing it. I found
      http://www.prevention.com/health/healthy-living/electromagnetic-fields-and-your-health

"Electrical hypersensitivity (EHS) is becoming more widespread.

Symptoms of EHS, a recently identified condition, include fatigue, facial irritation (resembling rosacea), tinnitus, dizziness, and digestive disturbances, which occur after exposure to visual display units, mobile phones, WiFi equipment, and commonplace appliances. Experts say up to 3% of all people are clinically hypersensitive, as many as one-third of us to a lesser degree."

Is Prevention Magazine trustworthy? They certainly seem mainstream to me.

We have posts on this forum about Smart Meters
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/smart-meter.16840/

And there there is this.

What are we to make of this?!

2. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Here in Edmonton they recently switched to these smart meters, and like every crooked company that makes hundreds of millions in profits does, they want to charge 15 extra per month for you to keep the old meter.

Anyway.. I did some reading up on it and it seems that these smart meters send a radio signal once an hour to other smart meters around them, bouncing off each other until it reaches a transmission station (term?) where it then gets transmitted to said crooked company.
      Apparently the radio signal is very weak, equal or less than that of a baby monitor, lasting less then a second or two every hour. According to that, a wifi router/device would cause much more of an issue, and cellphones even more so.

I don't know if any of this is true or how accurate it is, but it's apparently research done by the Canadian government for safety of these devices.

I think I still may have the PDF, and if I find it I'll post it here.

Does anyone know more about this?

In my opinion, if the above is the case, we would me much better off turning off our wifi routers and reducing cellphone usage as much as possible.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      • Like Like x 1
    4. newuser21

newuser21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      inflammation
      Hi,

Has anyone found a link between these, and successfully cured their tinnitus?
      My doctor told me to turn off wifi and all cell phone devices at night before sleep.

I got the Dirty electricity Graham Stetzer meter. My bed's headboard has two sockets on both sides, the measurements are very high. At a minimum it is 300 GS. When plugged with charger or something else, it goes up to 600 to 1000 GS. So I basically sleep with two sockets on both sides on my head with 300~1000 GS noise.
      Ideally, it shall be < 20 GS. Also, my house's electricity meter is right outside my bedroom wall, less than 10 ft away from my sleeping brain in the night.

I read the EMF can directly affect the hearing mechanism, and also over stimulate common viruses around hearing sensory nerve areas then, in turn, causes tinnitus.
      Does anyone have experience with this? Is it too bad?

thnx

5. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/el...iagnoses-with-tragic-real-world-consequences/

• Like Like x 1