Disappointed

Discussion in 'Support' started by UKJon, Aug 19, 2015.

1. UKJon

UKJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged stress followed by bereavement
      Hi good people,

Just wanted to give you an update as I had a bad evening.

Recently, I've been doing really well with the anti depressants I've been on. I've slept for the last seven nights without my masker on but I'll stay on the meds for the foreseeable future. I've been out and about much more seeing friends and doing this and that. I even thought about getting back to work today and my grief over my Mum has subsided a lot from where it was.

I sleep very well every night and the days have been much better.

However, if I work hard around the house in the morning and want an afternoon nap, I still find it hard because that is the time when my T goes up. I think I still get myself into a panic because I expect to have trouble sleeping in the afternoon and this is what happens. A valium calms me down for a while but I wake in a panic again. Perhaps the masker should go on again at times?

So I still have not habituated 100% which is very disappointing after having so many good days. It brings it all back and reminds me of the fact that I have still got some way to go.

I scored around 24 on the Tinnitus Handicap Inventory which is mild. I hope I'm not going back to the bad old days with the anxiety.

I admire you all greatly and for what many of you have been able to achieve personally. And also for the time that you give helping others especially Billie48.

Kind regards

Jonathan

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      UKJon

UKJon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Prolonged stress followed by bereavement
      Incidentally, I'm able to sleep at night due to Quetiapine which helps a lot. My AD is Venlafaxine which is also helping very much. No ototoxic effects just a dry mouth and drowsiness.

3. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Maybe it's because of your tiredness in the afternoon that your T is loud. Could you be overdoing it?

4. Hope2015

Hope2015 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud music
      I think it is ok to use a fan for example or a mask when you really need it. I am in the same situation like you, I had so many good days out with my friends but there are some days when I stay home and I hear it better and it drives me crazy again. I have it for 3 months, I have not habbituated and I still search for an answer and things like this. I have good and horrible days. It affects my sleep too, sometimes I take Bromazepam. The thing that makes me a bit more optimistic is that I hope in few years from now(2,3) there will be available on the market Aut00063, or something like this. When you have this affliction I think you should do and use everything that makes you feel better, so if you feel that a fan or a mask will help you to take a nap, use it! Keep us posted!