Distraction tip for tinnitus that helps sometimes...

Discussion in 'Support' started by Lisa88, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Here's a tip that has sometimes helped me with t. Try to magnify your other senses.
      Smell, Sight, Touch.
      If you are out for a walk, feel the wind against your face, or carry lavender oil to smell. Hug your dog, and bury your head in his fur.
      Be mindful, wherever you are and whatever you do, of these other senses, and this will hopefully distract a little from t and make it seem to fade a bit.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Ooo, I forgot about taste, and the joy of eating! Treasure every bite. :)

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lisa88

Lisa88 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Also, feel how your feet touch your shoes/the ground when you walk. Somehow, when doing this, it is the furthest point from your head/your t, and can really help.

4. Tenna
      Anime

Tenna Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013
      Definitely good ideas, something that needs to be trained over a longer period of time which we all could benefit from!:)

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      Might help me with my rhinitis and the balance issues that I've got with tinnitus to Lisa,Good tip
      Lot of facial pain today.ears ringing like Crazy,but it's heavy ,and muggy here,maybe thunder on its way.

6. alifalijohn

alifalijohn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/14
      Maybe you did tell this before, do you have a balance issue with your tinnitus?. I have a balance issue just before I got my t .is this related ..I get so dizzy it makes life unbearable .Take care

7. Amelia
      Daring

Amelia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      Thanks @Lisa88
      My T isn't due to hearing loss and I believe since it started I pick up a lot ore sound than I used too - like my ears are more tuned in now despite the ringing.
      Might try being more mindful about my other senses and it might dull the ears a little!

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Marlene
      English

Marlene Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      July 1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Bacterial virus
      My tinnitus and rhinitis began at the same time,the balance began 3 years ago,after a visit to an Osteopath for my sinuses.it began 2days later,never had a problem prior to that visit.That gut feeling we all have,you know when it began.like I know my tinnitus began from a head virus ,same as my husbands did over 30 yrs ago,but his balance is fine.Fair few on a site here in UK have this balance problem,looking into inversion table,but no good if you suffer high BP or have cataracts.