Distractions, L-Carnosine, Quercetin with Chiro Is Diminishing My Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by ryand, Dec 11, 2017.

1. ryand
      Artistic

ryand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Maybe Dec 2015 - the buzz was low prior
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diet or TMJ Jaw Inflammation and Clenching??
      I'm doing way better. I upped my Lexapro to 10 mg from 5mg (kids dose).

Chiro every week. I'll share my Chiro exercises if you want. You should do them regardless of Tinnitus.

Low Salt Diet, Low Sugar, Stay Hydrated and I take low dose Lexapro, L-Carosine twice a day with QBC Plex Quercetin. Google it.

I have really, really worked on my clenching during the day. My tinnitus now goes away and comes back with stress or being tired. Most times I hear a buzz in the back of my head, but very rarely I hear a tone in my right ear. My tension headaches have subsided, as well as jaw pain I think bc I stopped taking so much Advil. I made a device in my garage that vibrates when I clench at night tighting the muscles around my ear.

I'm grateful for the people of this forum. My hobbies have been an amazing distraction. I started woodworking and love it. I just listen to music that I don't react to with ear protection over the buds. peace and love everyone.

HOPE is powerful.

• Like Like x 2
    2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Please do.
      Was that how you felt one year after the onset of T?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ryand
      Artistic

ryand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Exercises??- I need to make a quick video. Typing makes my neck hurt staring at computer. Too complicated to explain. There's both jaw and Neck bending, do not rotate your neck int 2 directions at onetime. Go in one direction. Get a good non-cracker Chiro Doc. Don't settle for anyone.

Onset, don't know. I just finished Invisalign 1.5 years of plastic braces. Made me clench all the time. Lost some hearing but it came back. Loud Speakers? I got older? Stressful times, my kids left home for College. I love them. Stress?? who knows. It doesn't matter now. Tackle inflammation!!!! Low Sugar, Low Salt, Super low or no Wheat.

• Like Like x 4
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    4. Dginobile

Dginobile Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown, Satan perhaps?
      @ryand hi my dr just prescribed me lexapro 5mg do you think it helped your T? I’m scared to start it because I read ppl saying it made theirs worse or caused it even

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. MeBeSurfer

MeBeSurfer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      SSRI Medication, Movie Theaters, or Gaming Headphones
      I really hope everyone is very careful about taking Lexapro or any other SSRI. T is a listed side effect. I happened to get my T from Celexa, which is basically the same thing as Lexapro. I'm not sure its effect on people who already have T, but just wanted to make sure everyone is careful with these drugs, since it was the cause of my T, and it's been 5 months since I stopped taking it and I still have the T. :(

• Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    6. MeBeSurfer

MeBeSurfer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I would avoid it, if you can. Try CBT Therapy as a natural way to go after anxiety/depression. Worked for me.

7. Rajin

Rajin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      9/7/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ,noise
      CBT , can you do it on you own, or you went to a Doctor?

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ryand
      Artistic

ryand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Dginobile I believe 5Mg is the smallest dose without splitting, you'll be fine. 2-5 weeks to notice anything and you'll probably just feel better and not realize why.

• Agree Agree x 1
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ryand
      Artistic

ryand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      @Rajin There's lots of CBT you can do on your own, but you have to be very disciplined. I do see someone but not for CBT.

For example - If you clench your teeth, replace that action with a fist clench while you "think" about teeth clenching.
      Do not clench your teeth ever. Imagine clenching and tighten your fist over and over until its becomes muscle memory. That way when you sleep you clench your fist instead of the muscle near your ear.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      ryand
      Artistic

ryand Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First of all, I'm sorry we all are living with T, I hope we will all find an answer soon.

In the 2 years, I've had T, I've heard you can get it 30+ different ways. It's very complicated and painful because the nerves, brain circuitry, and acoustic mechanisms that are involved are amazing complicated structures.

But here's my 2 cents on SSRIs- You can't "get something" you already have. If you already have Tinnitus and are stressed or borderline OCD an SSRI may help.

Lexapro did not alter, increase, decrease Tinnitus symptoms for me and I don't plan on being on it forever. However, being more relaxed is helping calm, lower volumes, and help me recover from what I believe is causing Tinnitus for me. Which is Muscular TMD caused by clenching, stress and an improper bite. Sometimes I wonder since TMD adversely affects hearing if all of us have a variant of upper muscle problems. Please keep HOPE.
      Love and Peace - Ryan

• Like Like x 2
    11. MeBeSurfer

MeBeSurfer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I was on Celexa for 7 weeks at 5mg, then went to 10mg. Around that time, I noticed the ringing, and it hasn't gone away. Just realize that it could cause T for some people, that's all I'm saying.

12. Bassplayer

Bassplayer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I think in the early to middle stages, distraction is by far the most useful method. Once the 'quiet' periods (periods you don't notice the T) get longer, the brain seems to rewire itself. So eventually you no longer have to distract yourself so often.

In the final stages, you should reach a point where you can just chill out without noticing the T. It takes quite a while to hear my T now if I try to listen for it (something I would recommend you never do).

Many things seem to help people in the early stages. That's good. Whatever works for you really. In the end though, the aim is to forget we have it. So later when you are ready, it might be good to gradually reduce reliance on props etc as they are a continuous reminder that we have T.

13. Sonic17
      Wishful

Sonic17 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ? neck injury/unknown
      It may not help your T but it may help you cope better with having T.

14. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      I'm trying out Quercetin in pretty high doses to see if it helps.

If it's viral, anti-inflammatory or can modulate my neurons... well we shall see.

Day 1: 6000 mg Quercetin w/ Bromelain → no effect.

15. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      Funny. I just started taking Quercetin with Bromelain a couple days ago. I can’t tell for sure but between that and chiro adjustments, it might help with the fullness I have.

16. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
    17. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      The tagging doesn't work for me. Never did, but I came across this post so I'll answer you!

Bromelain has been said to help with ETD as it is a strong anti-inflammatory. For some reason or another it seems to work very well with the ETs.

I am taking a break from it as I had some other weird sensations after a week or so on it but I would say that in general, the feeling I was having of liquid in my ears did get better.

18. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Has the feeling of liquid in the ears gone completely? Did that include fullness? How's the Quercetin working for you? (There is someone on another thread taking NAC, L-Theanine and Quercetin, and seems to be having some good results.)

19. Lukee

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No, the feeling is still there every time I swallow. The fullness is still there as well. It comes and goes but never really goes, just gets a bit less. I’m not sure what works anymore.

20. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      None of us are sure, @Lukee. But there are stil things to try. I wanted to see if a change in environment would do anything on the stress side, but might have to try the supplements soon. Or, perhaps CBD/CBG oil.