Do You Get 'Fullness, 'Awareness' or Pain Inside the Head?

Discussion in 'Support' started by tomm, Dec 8, 2014.

1. tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (club drumming)
      Since starting retigabine my tonal component has gone down and I am left with mostly an all over brain 'shimmer' or hiss. It's from the inside out.

While that's getting more and more tolerable, I'm left with a feeling of fullness, like an awareness of an area inside my head toward the ear going slightly down to my neck and upwards to my head. Backward a little too.

Trying to describe it, I'd say if you hear a loud noise you feel the pain in this area. It's very odd and one of the things that is making it hard to habituate. I keeping wanting to call it brain damage - it feels almost like a bruise inside my skull from the original noise trauma.

Is this what everyone feels like? Do you get physical sensation of damage/different-ness as well as an auditory component?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Yes, I've had it. A few times in 40 years. Kinda scary, I'm sure now that it was part of my T. Among other weird sensations.

3. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      YES ! Exactly ! Does not feel like its coming from my ears at all , which is kind of nice but I hate the brain shimmer.

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      tomm
      Thinking

tomm Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (club drumming)
      Interesting that we're all noise related as well.

@I who love music has it got less frequent or less intense? Any pattern to when it comes and goes?

@RaZaH I'm experiencing it most of the time and wonder that if I've beaten the tones (did you ever have tones?), the shimmer or hiss or pressure feeling is something else that can be targeted separately.

5. RaZaH
      Cheeky

RaZaH Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2012/04
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzo + loud noise
      My tones are mostly gone and I am stuck with the shimmer.
      You might just have beaten those , yes.

6. Asian

Asian Member

Tinnitus Since:
      4 weeks
      I have had that fullness feeling since the start of tinnitus . but the frequency of that along with fleeting T has come down . I only get that feeling maybe once in 8-10 days now . hang in there, it all settles down in time in my opinion

• Like Like x 1