Does Car Door Slams Bother Anyone?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Sean, Nov 25, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      Hi All,does car door slams causes spikes to any one ?for me it just feels TOO loud . I have to wear ear plugs when I close the car door.I think it's around 94 DB when we close the car door.

2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      Yeah totally and the pressure as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    3. kmohoruk
      Nerdy

kmohoruk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2005
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise, Ear Infection, TMJ
      I've noticed that mine tends to do that as well. I tend to feel the pressure change. It's very quick - but it's something that I just noticed since I got H.

I just try and shut the door a bit more quietly and I seem to be ok.

I've been told that it really can't do any damage, and it doesn't cause me any pain in my ears really. Long as I'm not slamming it REALLY hard or anything

4. nogood
      Torn

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      if someone sneezes it bothers me at times, the two year old in the house sometimes screams in joy, my ears go weeeeeee... :p but its not every day for me.. i guess our hearing is very sensitive .. esp affected by cold/stress/ and what not..
      it might be a clue that underlying cause maybe active or chronic inflammation.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Sean

Sean Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01-01-2011
      Guys ..so last night some one had closed to car door when I plugs were out ..I have been wearing plugs in the car from past two years .
      This T is a real bitch to get !how much can we really protect!!

6. Bilgato
      Lurking

Bilgato Member

Tinnitus Since:
      A long time now.
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hard life
      Different tones, including car doors slamming really bother me too, but some don't.

Here's a story about a guy with an acute sensory problem some of you might be able to relate to a little, it's by Edgar Allen Poe, and a movie was made out of it staring Vincent Price.
      Here's a summary incase you're intrested.
      http://www.shmoop.com/fall-of-house-of-usher/summary.html

7. michaelpro

michaelpro Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acostic Trauma
      Yeah...car door slams, the pressure hurts. Also, kitchen cabinet slams. I went and bought felt pads for that