Don't Want to Lose My Life, My Family.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Joel86, Apr 6, 2015.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Joel86

Joel86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2015
      Also thankfully I haven't had to use a masker to fall asleep yet. But I've also been so emotionally exhausted and probably because of the meds I fall asleep pretty easily even with the sound.

2. I think you're gonna be just fine.

3. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Yes, focus on the positives. Anything that can relax you will help your T. Don't try to monitor T. Try to distract it with other activities. At the beginning phase of T, the body sense wrongly that this is a threat and so it freaks out whenever you hear it. But given time and repetition, and after learning what T is and isn't, then you should gradually lose the fear for it. You may still get annoyed by it, but hopefully given time, you will get more used to the sound. Try masking also if the ringing freaks you out. Try a sound machine at bed time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      My T has been low at times, when I get up in the middle of the night and usually in the morning. I think your brain takes a break.

• Like Like x 2
    5. Sailboardman
      Frustrated

Sailboardman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/21/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sensorineural hearing loss right ear.
      Also, since I have been taking Vinpocetine, 10mg, three times a day, I have many low T days now. Today will be my 12th day using it. This supplement, works for some and not others?

Also, calcium, B-complex, B12, fish oil, zinc and magnesium oil, seems to help me. I also take Traditional Chinese Medicines, along with acupunture treatments.

Like billie48 suggests, use a "nature sound" masker, when sleeping. First thing I bought when I got T.

God bless,

Sailboardman

6. kristinsj

kristinsj Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      No known reason
      I so relate to some of the things you are saying. That you don't have a year to get better, that you need to focus on your job and family, for instance. but what choice do we have? tinnitus throws itself at you, what do you do? You fight it. Sure it tiresome, it takes time and time is something that we already experience shortage of. you just don't want to have to deal with it. and of course, that is a response we can relate to. but again; what choice do you have?

You ought to give it some time and try not to worry too much now. it can pass, it can go away. i hope you will experience that. if you don't we can talk about what comes next a bit further down the road.