Dullness or Spikes in Tinnitus Sufferers?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ishank, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Ishank
      Wishful

Ishank Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/12/2013
      Hi,

I am wondering and not sure how to explain it in word. I have mild T (very low hissing sound), noticeable in quit environment. In the past few months (since my T start), it happened to me 5-6 times that I feel dull hearing for few seconds in one of my ear. Or we can say sometimes 'shhhh' sound increased in any one of my ear, and which make more T noticeable for few seconds.

I am slowly habituating T, but these spikes makes me scared.

Is it normal? Anyone experience something like this ?

2. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Hi Ishank,

I'm pretty sure it's normal (well, as normal as anything around T is), nothing to be worried about.

It's happened to me for many years, even before I got T, my hearing goes very dull and a noise rises up. Usually for a few seconds and then it gets back to normal. No idea why, and whenever I've mentioned it to a Doctor / Audiologist they just look at me strangely and can't offer an explanation.

There's bound to be somebody on here who knows why or has a theory.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      I also have and I started having it after T. Dont know why:(

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ishank
      Wishful

Ishank Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/12/2013
      True my friend. When I explain these symptoms to doc, he says you have perfect hearing, and you may possibly have stress (or psychological issue).

Lets see what my next doc will say about my T.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ishank
      Wishful

Ishank Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/12/2013
      @Steve and @Stina . I've noticed one more strange symptom which is again difficult to explain.

When I cover my ears with fingers ( I put fingers inside ears), I hear a strange wind/ vibration which feels like that my ears are shivering from inside. Did you ever noticed this ? My doc said its just blood circulation, but i am skeptical about it.

6. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      @Ishank Maybe its the pressure from the fingers.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ishank
      Wishful

Ishank Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/12/2013
      @Stina I think you are right. I am going to check it again.

BTW, any improvement in your condition ?

8. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      I'm with Stina here, if you push in hard you hear a kind of vibration that I think is because the pressure isn't even. Incredibly difficult to keep your fingers, head etc still.

Is it still there with ear plugs or ear defenders?

9. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      No. I visited another doctor who said that since my hearing is very good up to 8000 kHz it is from stress and it will go away. Greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat.... how informative. Also, he advised me to read more information about it online. Even more great.

• Funny Funny x 2
    10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ishank
      Wishful

Ishank Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/12/2013
      Thanks guys.:thankyousign:

Steve and Stina, I think its just pressure. I just checked by using ear bids and headphones, no sound :) except from T :wacky:.

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ishank
      Wishful

Ishank Member

Tinnitus Since:
      22/12/2013
      My doctor said same to me. He prescribed me stress medicines and vitamin C. Wow !

I would like to share a surprising story which I believe can helpful for T sufferers. I shared it to doc once, but he said I have stress issue.

--------------------------------------------------
      I am very much sure that I noticed T back in October just for 2 or 3 days and it went away on its own. At that time I did't understand it, and hardly noticed it because it was masked by my room's fan. I vaguely recall how I got T at that time- stress or headphone. (I believe not sure, but it was because of headphone use ). But it was cured on its own.

And then it came back in December 2013. At I first I hardly noticed it. But when I heard a spike for the first time, I rushed to doctor next day. Then I joined this forum in Jan 2014, and the rest is history.

I wish it go away on its own like it happened October.

12. Stina
      Psychedelic

Stina Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/13
      I think thats typical...once you start panicking about it it wont leave.