Duration of Tinnitus After Sudden Hearing Loss?

Discussion in 'Support' started by brownbear, Sep 27, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. brownbear

brownbear Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden sensorineural hearing loss ? cochlear hydrops
      I am interested to know from people who developed a sudden sensorineural hearing loss how long their tinnitus was a problem for:

A month?
      3 months?
      6 months?
      Never improved?
    2. Telis

Telis Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Never. Three years in and has been progressively worse with added issues over time like ear pain, fullness, hyperacusis, balance issues, headaches.
    3. GregCA

GregCA Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss, otosclerosis
      I have sensorineural hearing loss from otosclerosis. Tinnitus hasn't improved in 6+ months.
    4. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      My tinnitus continues to be a problem three years after sudden sensorineural hearing loss in my left ear. I am unilaterally deaf but I hear and feel noise in the deaf ear in response to external sounds I hear in my good, right ear. That began happening at onset and has not changed but I don't react emotionally any longer. It took at least a year for me to accept this new normal. My deaf ear always feels hot and uncomfortable but it has improved since onset and I have become better accustomed to living with it. My mood still sinks during spikes when the pain increases.