Dysacusis and TTTS Symptoms Getting Worse Everyday?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Allan Mcmillan, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Allan Mcmillan

Allan Mcmillan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      April 30 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic shock from playing guitar with headphones
      So basically, my tinnitus started about 3 months ago and I had initial symptoms of TTTS and dysacusis which disappeared over the span of 2 weeks.

One month later the dysacusis and TTTS came back. It was initially mild but began to get worse on a daily basis starting Thursday last week.

This is really frightening me since I've been protecting my ears and all and I'm not sure why it's progressively getting worse.

2. Mister Muso
      No Mood

Mister Muso Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 / April 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hi

Too much silence makes my TTTS worse. As can too much noise. Gentle masking sounds seem to help it best.

Where are you spending most of your time, can I ask? When I'm in the office, that's when I have the most trouble with eardrum flutter and pressure. I'm probably protecting too much, because there are a few laughing hyenas in my open plan office who would probably spike my tinnitus if I let them get too close. I'm lucky enough that I can work from home pretty much whenever I want at the moment, thanks to an understanding boss, which lets me control my own environment and the sounds I hear.

Hope things improve for you.