Ear Fullness and Balance

Discussion in 'Support' started by slipware, Feb 20, 2017.

1. slipware
      Bookworm

slipware Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi all again. I obviously have very noisy tinnitus (or I wouldn't be here), but that's a noise, it's not harming me, except mentally if I let it.

Does anybody have ear fullness and vaguely off balance feeling? Not dizziness or vertigo, just off balance. I wear hearing aid to try and help. It's this "feeling" which I find more uncomfortable than the tinnitus. Anybody relate to this? Is it any good getting nasal spray or something?

2. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      Yes. Since I suffered acoustic trauma I have a feeling of more sway.

3. Lorac

Lorac Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sudden profound hearing loss in left ear.
      I find the feeling more difficult to habituate to than the noise. I don't have many problems with vertigo any longer but the ear fullness and discomfort is hard to ignore.

4. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      Never had any vertigo or light headed sensation symptoms until trying a virtual reality headset. Appears i have been getting motion sickness from it. No nausea just sensations. I have used alot of vestibular system excerices to combat this and it seems to help. Took me about a week to get back to normal but i tried the headset again on sat for a few minutes and my symptoms came right back.

5. RangioraGirl
      Jaded

RangioraGirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Menieres Disease
      I too have this balance sensation as if I have a slight sway. A Balance therapist has given me exercises to help correct the tendency to to to the left all the time. I have bad tinnitus in the right ear, and have tried using "resound" app to keep the noise down. It doesn't seem to work very much. Habituating is very hard. I find my right eye may be trying to find a focus and this may cause the slight dizziness. I don't know what else will work. Nausea also seems to be occuring frequently the last 2 - 3 weeks. Taking Buccastem for that.

6. Tommi_boi
      Thinking

Tommi_boi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/04/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced
      I had some dizziness, but I put that down to an ear infection

7. RandomAccess10
      Torn

RandomAccess10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Carbon Monoxide poisoning
      I have balance issues that are an absolute nightmare. My vision bobs up and down when i walk, and when I'm still the image wobbles a little. I'm going for balance tests shortly :/

I'm aware this is down to damage to the vestibular system inside your ear so it's totally related. You can try exercises, vestibular rehabilitation therapy etc for these. I haven't tried anything yet...Skeptical of its effectiveness to be honest.

8. Paul10

Paul10 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Stress
      I had/have fullness in my ear, made a thread about it, now my jaw hurts, it's weird; but yeah, it seems to be not uncommon. The off-balance would tell me there's something going on in your ear, like trapped fluid, ET issues etc. I hope you get to the bottom of it asap, God bless!

9. Mila9828

Mila9828 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accident/Screaming?
      any update anyone? suffering also.

10. Mila9828

Mila9828 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accident/Screaming?
      How are you doing since then? On the same boat :(

11. Jason C

Jason C Member

Tinnitus Since:
      29 May 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Burgler Alarm
      Thankfully all the fullness and Tinnitus has gone now, it takes time but things do get better :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    12. Mila9828

Mila9828 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accident/Screaming?
      That’s great to hear :) so happy for you! Gives me hope hehe; I wanted to ask if when you plugged in your ears you felt as though you couldn’t hear your own voice as much? I’m currently going through that right now along with the fullness; was told it was normal but wanted your opinion!