Ear Pain with TTTS but without Hyperacusis and Ringing Ears?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Andymo, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Andymo

Andymo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Early May 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Possible earbuds and/oxoticity
      Hi all,

I think I've read the entire forum front and back about five times now. It's been very helpful.

Anyone else out there with these niche symptoms?

Have TTTS with just fluttering, no thumps or clicks - and ear pain (left only.) that settles to a dull ache some days - but stress/anxiety brings it to pain.

@Michael Leigh, you are a Wise Saw, having absorbed your helpful advice on stopping earphone use etc, so no tips needed this time, thanks :)

NIHL is marginal - and I get it that Hearing tests do not test all sensitivities. ENTs? Nuff said!

Anyone else have TTTS and pain but without ringing in the ears?

Thanks!

A

• Like Like x 1
    2. Michael Leigh

Michael Leigh Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1996
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hi @Andymo
      Pleased that you have found my posts helpful, and thank you for your kind comments.
      Take care
      Michael

• Like Like x 1
    3. Orions Pain
      Sad

Orions Pain Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      It’s definitely not unheard of but this is a tinnitus forum so you probably won’t find a lot of people here without ringing.

There is a tonic Tensor Tympani support group on Facebook, you should join if you haven’t already!

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Andymo

Andymo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Early May 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks @Orions Pain. I have done that very thing, though now reading in moderation to limit too much morbid reading.

Definitely insightful though.

Thanks for the tip!

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    5. Orions Pain
      Sad

Orions Pain Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      I have the same issue, thumping in one ear and it usually brings pain as well but I have ringing too so not sure how much help I’d be:( but I haven’t been able to figure out what triggers the tTTS nor can I get a doctor to look at it because it’s very unpredictable.

• Like Like x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Andymo

Andymo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Early May 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      These symptoms are indeed a complete enigma. Mine are much less severe than yours, even though developing TTTs I am sure it changes your sense of self identity. I also became Hyper Alert/Vigilant neurologically to the extent where I would always be on edge listening out for sounds. The positive aspect though is guys like yourself and hundreds of others, the combined knowledge, on this forum will always surpass a Medical Degree and years of experience of a so-called "ENT".
      This site gives me so much support, and I have learned not to take the horror stories to heart.

Stick at it, @Orions Pain

• Friendly Friendly x 1